Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132662 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With 2021 just around the corner, a ‘bobby dazzler’ of a trade deal with the EU just to be announced and Ms Truss touring the world hoovering up deals as she collects pictures of herself standing in front of flags, it seems the perfect opportunity to discuss all things Motability Q1 prices and availability.

I guess the best we can hope for is that prices don’t go up too much and not too much is knocked off the top in terms of the more expensive vehicles.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133549 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Fiat Q1 2021 (Part 2):

#133550 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Fiat Q1 2021 (part 3):

#133551 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

MG Q1 2921 (unconfirmed as not obtained from a known dealer but via a third party):

#133552 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Some big price hikes there from Alpha up by 2k on some models.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#133553 Reply
    Mike11

Hope Toyota prices come on very soon the suspense is killing me

#133561 Reply
    Brydo

Your red hot today Dave 🥵👍👍👍

#133565 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Many thanks for posting all of that BigDave. None of those brands are of interest to me, but I look forward to others being posted as and when available. I do wonder why they have bothered to put those few Jeeps on the scheme at those daft AP’s of around £9k? Surely nobody in their right mind is going to pay that sort of AP for that sort of car? It makes no sense whatsoever. If you can get far better cars that retail at around £38k for one third of that AP, I would be expecting a car circa £50k for a £9k AP!

#133567 Reply
    Southamman

It could be the low residual values of these cars, or Motability being able to say they have added more hybrids to the scheme. It’s a ridiculous price and you would need to be a Jeep fan boi to pay that.

now if Land Rover came on the scheme……

#133568 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It could be the low residual values of these cars, or Motability being able to say they have added more hybrids to the scheme. It’s a ridiculous price and you would need to be a Jeep fan boi to pay that. now if Land Rover came on the scheme……

I would also like to see Land Rover on the scheme. The Evoque and Discovery Sport would be very welcome additions. I know that Land Rovers have shocking reliability records, but at least being a lease car we wouldn’t have the worry of the cost of the breakdowns 😂

#133572 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I would never pay 10k for a car that will be going back in 3 or 5 years time and i dont care what brand it is. That is obscene and they should be ashamed of themselves for even allowing it.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#133573 Reply
    John Morris

240bhp is 40bhp over the 200bhp limit so I can’t see those prices being correct or fact although nothing surprises me anymore this year. We are ordering ateca 1.5tsi FR sport tomorrow. AP is currently £1099 but we have wangled a £199 discount so only £900. I can’t see SEAT lowering the prices… But knowing my luck lol.   But I will arrange will showroom that if price reduces I will reorder.

#133574 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

It could be the low residual values of these cars, or Motability being able to say they have added more hybrids to the scheme. It’s a ridiculous price and you would need to be a Jeep fan boi to pay that. now if Land Rover came on the scheme……

I would also like to see Land Rover on the scheme. The Evoque and Discovery Sport would be very welcome additions. I know that Land Rovers have shocking reliability records, but at least being a lease car we wouldn’t have the worry of the cost of the breakdowns 😂

Trouble is Glos Guy, you’d spend more time in a courtesy car than you would the Landy!!

#133575 Reply
    Ronster

ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA HATCHBACK 1.4 TB SPECIALE price increase from £845 to £2995😯.

#133586 Reply
    Southamman

Let me say something about land Rovers reliability.

we have had over ten Land Rovers over twenty years of varying models from Mk2 Range Rover, through Duscoveries, Freelanders and Range Rover Sports. Only one did we have any issues with and that was a software update. Every single one has been reliable and comfortable. We currently have a Discovery and, again, no issues whatsoever.

We had more issues with the BMW we had than any Land Rover

#133587 Reply
    Southamman

Many, not just a few outside the Motability scheme do exactly that. They put down a big deposit to reduce the monthly payments, or get a better spec.

why should they be ashamed? The scheme is for all PIP enhanced members, not just for some with no income or financial ability, that’s what the grant is for.

PIP is not means tested, nor should it be.

I applaud Motability for starting to go away from a AP cap and BHP cap, about tine

#133594 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The limit for PHEV’s was 225 bhp, so the 240hp jeep equates to 237bhp roughly so it’s only a jump of 12.

#133628 Reply
    Jo

Why are there so few UK cars on Motability?

Is it likely that following the “complete Brexit” (or BINO!) we might see more UK cars on Motability?

#133629 Reply
    Jo

Also (not sure if this would be the right thread, sorry if it isn’t):

Why are so few few cars with a large enough boot for two wheelchairs and walking aids WITH 4×4 available?

When the the Q3 became available again (we had one on Motability before) we thought we are on a winner, just to be bitterly disappointed when we got told by AUDI UK (management) to buy our Q3 in the eye watering “Vorsprung” equipment level privately, since electric seats ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH LOTS OF OTHER RUBBISH IN THAT EQUIPMENT LEVEL!

I had to find out since that not only does Audi offer electric seats here in the UK (on the “Vorsprung” = not available on Motability) AUDI OFFERS ELECTRIC SEATS THROUGHOUT THE Q3 RANGE IN GERMANY FOR AS LITTLE AS 800 EUROS!!!

electric seats in my case are not a lifestyle choice but an essential God sent, as adjusting seats manually causes me severe discomfort, and if a seat is left forward by another driver I will be unable to get behind the wheel!

The rather poor choice of rather small Audi’s on Motability (compared with BMW and Volvo for example), and the heartless comments from Audi UK Management makes me wonder why they even bother selling to disabled customers (since Audi does not care for disabled customers and their needs).

I thought this kind of discrimination was a thing of the past, especially since recent anti disability discrimination legislation in the UK and the EU!

#133632 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Also (not sure if this would be the right thread, sorry if it isn’t): Why are so few few cars with a large enough boot for two wheelchairs and walking aids WITH 4×4 available? When the the Q3 became available again (we had one on Motability before) we thought we are on a winner, just to be bitterly disappointed when we got told by AUDI UK (management) to buy our Q3 in the eye watering “Vorsprung” equipment level privately, since electric seats ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH LOTS OF OTHER RUBBISH IN THAT EQUIPMENT LEVEL! I had to find out since that not only does Audi offer electric seats here in the UK (on the “Vorsprung” = not available on Motability) AUDI OFFERS ELECTRIC SEATS THROUGHOUT THE Q3 RANGE IN GERMANY FOR AS LITTLE AS 800 EUROS!!! electric seats in my case are not a lifestyle choice but an essential God sent, as adjusting seats manually causes me severe discomfort, and if a seat is left forward by another driver I will be unable to get behind the wheel! The rather poor choice of rather small Audi’s on Motability (compared with BMW and Volvo for example), and the heartless comments from Audi UK Management makes me wonder why they even bother selling to disabled customers (since Audi does not care for disabled customers and their needs). I thought this kind of discrimination was a thing of the past, especially since recent anti disability discrimination legislation in the UK and the EU!

Car manufacturer’s have a somewhat strange reasoning on which markets need what equipment.

Take the new Peugeot 208 for example. You couldn’t have heated seats on the UK models – not even as a stand alone option. Heated seats were standard on the German versions however. I can sometimes understand why heated seats aren’t required for warmer climates – like Mediterranean countries for example – but for a cold/freezing island nation like Britain???

Likewise, the black roof on the GT Line versions is standard on UK versions. In France however – you have to pay €300 for the black roof.

Don’t get me started on “packs” either – the car manufacturer’s modern day method of robbery! You need one specific extra… but end up with 2 or 3 more that you’re never gonna use or need. Nothing winds me up more!!! :/

#133635 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Also (not sure if this would be the right thread, sorry if it isn’t): Why are so few few cars with a large enough boot for two wheelchairs and walking aids WITH 4×4 available? When the the Q3 became available again (we had one on Motability before) we thought we are on a winner, just to be bitterly disappointed when we got told by AUDI UK (management) to buy our Q3 in the eye watering “Vorsprung” equipment level privately, since electric seats ARE ONLY AVAILABLE WITH LOTS OF OTHER RUBBISH IN THAT EQUIPMENT LEVEL! I had to find out since that not only does Audi offer electric seats here in the UK (on the “Vorsprung” = not available on Motability) AUDI OFFERS ELECTRIC SEATS THROUGHOUT THE Q3 RANGE IN GERMANY FOR AS LITTLE AS 800 EUROS!!! electric seats in my case are not a lifestyle choice but an essential God sent, as adjusting seats manually causes me severe discomfort, and if a seat is left forward by another driver I will be unable to get behind the wheel! The rather poor choice of rather small Audi’s on Motability (compared with BMW and Volvo for example), and the heartless comments from Audi UK Management makes me wonder why they even bother selling to disabled customers (since Audi does not care for disabled customers and their needs). I thought this kind of discrimination was a thing of the past, especially since recent anti disability discrimination legislation in the UK and the EU!

Car manufacturer’s have a somewhat strange reasoning on which markets need what equipment. Take the new Peugeot 208 for example. You couldn’t have heated seats on the UK models – not even as a stand alone option. Heated seats were standard on the German versions however. I can sometimes understand why heated seats aren’t required for warmer climates – like Mediterranean countries for example – but for a cold/freezing island nation like Britain??? Likewise, the black roof on the GT Line versions is standard on UK versions. In France however – you have to pay €300 for the black roof. Don’t get me started on “packs” either – the car manufacturer’s modern day method of robbery! You need one specific extra… but end up with 2 or 3 more that you’re never gonna use or need. Nothing winds me up more!!! :/

The latter was the main reason my Mother chose an X2 over the Mini Countryman because we needed electric folding door mirrors and electric boot lid – neither came as standard in the Mini and both in £1,500 + packs which would contain equipment we didn’t need.

I understand the reasons for bundle packages are to lower production costs, complexity, changes to consumer demand and tastes.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Aygo1991.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#133637 Reply
    Southamman

Why did you not look at the Škoda Kodiaq, VW Tiguan Allspace and Seat Tarraco? All with bugger boots than the Audi Q3?

#133638 Reply
    Southamman

Why did you not look at the Škoda Kodiaq, VW Tiguan Allspace and Seat Tarraco? All with bugger boots than the Audi Q3?

#133643 Reply
    Jo

We did look at all (big variety) of cars (including on Motability).

We’ve currently got the Audi A4 Avant (Estate) TDI Quattro, S Tronic with Audi’s fabulous electric memory seats. Because after our Q3 on Motability (incl. electric seats!) the new Q3 was no longer available on Motability. Combined with the Audi smart key, whenever I get close to the car the seat moves back and the mirrors adjust for me.

Heated seats do not stop me from even getting behind the wheel. The lack of electric seats do.

My point is due to Audi UK policy (despite having a ready made factory fit solution for this country as well as throughout the whole Q3 range in Germany) Audi isn’t interested to accommodate any disabled drivers. Other German/Bavarian car manufacturers like Audi have no problem to offer something as basic as electric seats (especially for a PREMIUM brand)!

Absolutely disgusting! As I’ve said Audi does not care about my custom, even if this is in conflict with their moral, social and legal obligations.

Our current Audi will be the very LAST Audi I ever bought!

N.B. The closer you get to our home/house in the country, the smaller the roads get (also no winter service) i.e. the need for a 4×4 essential (which cut available Motability cars down to around 60 of a total 1800+ Mainly very small cars).

Also all competitors currently on Motability are Petrol (higher running costs) rather than diesel.

#133648 Reply
    Southamman

Different markets always have different specifications. Obviously, the Q3 market in right hand drive models, the option is not financially viable. Why do I say right hand drive? Well, the wiring harnesses for each spec and option are different. If the demand for optional electric seats without the figment of other items is not there, then the cost of producing unique wiring harnesses is financially unviable.

I have seen the production of a wiring harness, it’s not just sticking a few wires together on a board.

The option pack will be item specific which require the same harness to operate.

I do understand your frustration with the cars available on the scheme and the specifications available.

however it is what it is, and either you forgo one of your needs or leave the scheme and yse the money to buy your own car.

I woukd lije the Škoda Superb estate 4×4,Mobutu unless price caps and APs are raised, it won’t happen, so I will have the front wheel drive version and add snow chains/snow socks for bad weather

tge only other option you might want to investigate is speaking to Motability and see, with your specific needs they would allow a spec away from standard but this may include a big AP.

#133670 Reply
    sif

I was told by a dealer there are still some ist edition Q3s with electric seats available from existing stock. Don’t know if that true but its what he said.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 227 total)
Reply To: Reply #141596 in Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021
Your information: