Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With 2021 just around the corner, a ‘bobby dazzler’ of a trade deal with the EU just to be announced and Ms Truss touring the world hoovering up deals as she collects pictures of herself standing in front of flags, it seems the perfect opportunity to discuss all things Motability Q1 prices and availability.

I guess the best we can hope for is that prices don’t go up too much and not too much is knocked off the top in terms of the more expensive vehicles.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 227 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo

Gloss Guy I’ve been saying things will need to change for ages the current motability model is not sustainable in the long term. Without removing the artificial bar on the APs there would be fewer and fewer cars on the scheme and people will just look elsewhere.

In saying that, with these particular APs,  I think someone somewhere thinks its the first of April lol.

fwippers
        Participant

Expect the uncertain.

Martinod

So they say prices will go up because of brexit but at deal has been agreed I think so does that mean they don’t need to increase  the prices

Glos Guy
            Participant

Gloss Guy I’ve been saying things will need to change for ages the current motability model is not sustainable in the long term. Without removing the artificial bar on the APs there would be fewer and fewer cars on the scheme and people will just look elsewhere. In saying that, with these particular APs, I think someone somewhere thinks its the first of April lol.

I agree, but wonder if those Jeep prices are an error? Nobody in their right mind would pay that sort of money for a car that is outclassed by countless others at one third of those AP’s. I’m all for scrapping the arbitrary and pointless price caps and will support much higher AP’s for much better cars than we are currently ‘allowed’, but you have to get what you pay for or, as you say, people will find better elsewhere. There are some good PCP deals out there and that’s before you haggle. I even found myself looking at a PCP on a Porsche Macan the other day and it wasn’t quite as horrific as I thought 😂

Brydo

Glos Guy my daughter has a Porsche Macan beautiful car, if it is there or there abouts cost wise I would definately go for that.

Glos Guy
                Participant

So they say prices will go up because of brexit but at deal has been agreed I think so does that mean they don’t need to increase the prices

If AP’s do go up, I think we can be sure that they were going to anyway, regardless of the Brexit outcome, and the ‘no deal’ possibility was just an excuse that Motability would have used. As I said before, the impact of a no deal wouldn’t have been fully known until Q2 anyway. so any changes in Q1 would have been purely guesswork.

Glos Guy
                  Participant

Glos Guy my daughter has a Porsche Macan beautiful car, if it is there or there abouts cost wise I would definately go for that.

Obviously it’s a lot more cost than anything on Motability Brydo, but that being said it’s a lot more car! The issue we have is that since we both retired we now don’t do anything like the mileage we used to, so splashing out on a dream car becomes less practical when it will be sat in the garage for days at a time.

wmcforum
                    Which Mobility Car

So they say prices will go up because of brexit but at deal has been agreed I think so does that mean they don’t need to increase the prices

The deal has been negotiated but needs to be signed off by the EU members and our side too. Still in Limbo but looking good.

Participant

Is this serious or have you miss typed that ??

----------------------------
                        KIA Soul EV First Edition
                        Scale modeller in my spare time

I’m pondering a Porsche Macan I’ve read it could attract the attention of ladies of the quality of Louise minchin Carol Kirkwood or Liz truss

fwippers
                          Participant

I’m pondering a Porsche Macan I’ve read it could attract the attention of ladies of the quality of Louise minchin Carol Kirkwood or Liz truss

Or a SSanyong Rexton

solent60
                            Participant

I’m eagerly awaiting Peugeot’s updated 208 GT prices for Q1. Been waiting almost a month (I could order from 4th December) – so I hope I’m not disappointed with ridiculous advance payments.

I’m the same Solent waiting for Toyota Q1 prices

Brydo

Glos Guy just think of how you and Mrs Gloss Guy would feel everytime you jumped into that beauty.

If I remember correctly your just in your sixties so still time for a mid life crisis lol.

Aygo1991
                                  Participant

Those Jeep Renegade PHEV prices have shocked me! That’s nearly 1/3 of the vehicle’s RRP. Traditionally, Jeeps have very steep depreciation bar the Wrangler.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
                                    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
                                    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport
                                    2023 Nissan Qashqai e-Power N-Connecta

Markymate

Porsche Macan, now we are talking dream car, probably wouldn’t be able to fit a wheelchair in the boot, but who the hell cares!!!  And I’m over sixty, LOL!!

Hopefully I’ve managed to make the right decision by ordering in Q4 with the agreement that if the price drops in Q1 I’ll pay the lower price. Although I just can’t see AP’s coming down on popular models, deal or no deal.

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

None of those 3 do it for me Mike, so I might save my money!

Glos Guy
                                        Participant

Glos Guy just think of how you and Mrs Gloss Guy would feel everytime you jumped into that beauty. If I remember correctly your just in your sixties so still time for a mid life crisis lol.

Still in our 50’s actually Brydo 😂 The Macan is my wife’s dream car and as she is the Motability customer, if it ever made it on to the scheme (pigs might fly) then it would be a simple choice! However, her disability means that she can no longer drive, so as long as she can get in and out OK, is comfortable and her wheelchair fits in the boot, then she is happy for me to choose the next car. My dream car would be a BMW X5 and I actually started looking at them when I sold my 5 Series, but I’m glad that I didn’t progress it, as we went into lockdown soon after and I would have had an expensive new car that I couldn’t use! Also, the split tailgate design would, I think, be a problem loading and unloading the wheelchair (didn’t get to check that). So it’s back down to earth with a bump and waiting to see what delights the Motability scheme will offer up in Q1 😂

Glos Guy
                                          Participant

Or a SSanyong Rexton

That would attract Anne Widdecombe 😉

matty9815

I rang Motability a couple of weeks ago to clear up a few points as we are due to order our next car. The person I spoke to said they would normally have an idea by then of what was going on the new list, but with Covid and Brexit implications, it was running later than usual. She advised me to hold off ordering and call back just after Christmas as they should know by then. Pretty certain we are going to go for the CLA shooting brake, so just need to know what happens with the ap. Ideally I’d like the CLA250e to go on there, as 99% of our journeys are sub 40 miles, so would barely see a petrol station! Not holding my breath though…!

Martinod

Just a few days to go

BigDave
                                                Participant

Full Jeep Renegade Q1 2021:

BigDave
                                                  Participant

Full Jeep Compass Q1 2021:

BigDave
                                                    Participant

Alfa Romeo Q1 2021:

BigDave
                                                      Participant

Fiat Q1 2021 (part 1) – zoom screen for clearer prices:

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 227 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.