Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132662 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

With 2021 just around the corner, a ‘bobby dazzler’ of a trade deal with the EU just to be announced and Ms Truss touring the world hoovering up deals as she collects pictures of herself standing in front of flags, it seems the perfect opportunity to discuss all things Motability Q1 prices and availability.

I guess the best we can hope for is that prices don’t go up too much and not too much is knocked off the top in terms of the more expensive vehicles.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #132666 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I find young miss Truss a very attractive and can imagine her being wined and dined in nice hotels as she tours the world

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#132668 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thanks Mike. Please post your pictures on another thread.

#132670 Reply
    joss

Don’t forget that you have a 10p increase on you motability allowance to come. That should really help out!.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#132677 Reply
    Brydo

You did ask for that wmc lol it doesn’t take much to start mike off. On the other hand its given me an idea for a thread on “off topic”.

#132739 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I will kick this off with the first bit of actual info then!

It looks as though the face lifted VW Tiguan will have a couple of tasty additions to the scheme in Q1, as soon as the 2.0 petrol engine becomes available in the U.K.

2.0TSi 190PS Petrol 4Motion (4WD) DSG (Auto) in both Elegance and R-Line trims.

More powerful than the 150PS 1.5 variant and with the added benefit of 4 wheel drive, but obviously MPG will be lower as a result (official figures not published yet).

The original intention was that the Elegance was going to be £2,499 which is good value considering the performance and equipment level and makes the diesels look very overpriced unless you do high mileage. I didn’t write down the R-Line price as it’s no longer of interest now that a load of kit has been removed from it but, from memory, it was a bit more. Motability order numbers already showing in the second Q4 price list issued end Oct (link below) but AP’s TBA.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/offers/Motability/motability-price-guide.pdf

#133111 Reply
    Southamman

News us a bit scarce this year. To be expected I suppose with Brexit still to be finalised

#133114 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

News is extremely sparse, aside from a poster saying Kia, I think it was,  whose prices were increasing by £600. All we know is that Motability always, without exception, err on the side of caution. Which can only mean one thing with a trade deal still undelivered and given the fact that the prices would have been finalised already.

#133150 Reply
    Ronster

Brexit deal reached apparently so hopefully AP’s shouldn’t be too bad 🤞

#133152 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well it would be one less excuse to increase them, but I’ve never been convinced that a deal or no deal scenario would impact AP’s from 1st Jan, especially as they will have probably established all the AP’s by now anyway. It would just be far too early to be able to establish what impact the Brexit outcome would have on prices, given that many tariffs might be offset in part by manufacturers/ dealers accepting lower margins to maintain market share. I would think that it would take until Q2 for the full effects to have washed through to AP’s. I predict that, deal or no deal, a lot of AP’s will go up, some considerably and there will be some pleasant surprises the other way. Ideally, I’d like to see some new cars added and a rise in the price caps, which are overdue, but I have learned to manage my expectations!

#133171 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Well it would be one less excuse to increase them, but I’ve never been convinced that a deal or no deal scenario would impact AP’s from 1st Jan, especially as they will have probably established all the AP’s by now anyway. It would just be far too early to be able to establish what impact the Brexit outcome would have on prices, given that many tariffs might be offset in part by manufacturers/ dealers accepting lower margins to maintain market share. I would think that it would take until Q2 for the full effects to have washed through to AP’s. I predict that, deal or no deal, a lot of AP’s will go up, some considerably and there will be some pleasant surprises the other way. Ideally, I’d like to see some new cars added and a rise in the price caps, which are overdue, but I have learned to manage my expectations!

Glos Guy, you have taken the words right out of my mouth (and brain). It seems logical that the APs would now be negotiated and ready to launch. I, too, second your last statement regarding additional cars and a higher price cap.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#133173 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I spoke to Motability last week and they confirmed prices for Q1 had been agreed but contingencies’ had been put in place in case of a “no deal” Brexit.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#133177 Reply
    Martinod

Brydo  we can’t go and look at dads anyway as we will be in look down again

#133182 Reply
    Southamman

And a deal has now been agreed, no trade barriers

you can only not visit a dealership if it’s in tier 4. Any other tier you can

#133363 Reply
    Martinod

I’m near Glasgow so don’t think I can go

#133379 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Possibly one of the most important price lists as not only does it set the scene for 2021 but post Brexit prices in general. It does seem the general consensus that prices will rise perhaps in part to low inflation and therefore a loss in revenue motability may have factored in pre covid. I have now covered 16500 miles in 22 months but just a few hundred since March.  The tend is now moving slightly away from SUV’s as tastes change and I will be interested to see which variants are on offer from the main players. The contingency plans developed on behalf of motabiliy should now not be needed but I feel we shall see more than the usual rises and falls than has been traditional, perhaps like a roller coaster coming towards the end of it’s ride when suddenly there is another big drop. We shall discover soon what is on offer and at what price.

#133386 Reply
    Brydo

Its not what anyone wants to hear but, in general, APs are only going to increase. There will always be reductions like when manufacturers are upgrading models and need to get rid of existing stock etc.

The one caveat is electric cars, BEVs in particular, once battery costs come down sufficiently these cars will be cheaper than a compatible ICE car they will also be cheaper to service, maintain and insure.

Its not clear at this point when it will happen but its something to look forward to.

#133438 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

To all those who wanted an increase in Advance Payment limits, be careful what you wish for:

I’ve just been emailed these prices from Jeep for Q1 2021:

Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Longitude Auto 4×4  – £9995 AP

Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Limited Auto 4×4  –  £9395 AP

Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 240hp Trailhawk Auto 4×4  –  £8995   AP

One can only assume that Motability believe the value of a Jeep Renegade PHEV in 3/5 years will be just above nothing.

#133440 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Ouch! Have Motability scrapped the AP limits or are these WAV prices? Either way they are eye watering.

#133441 Reply
    Southamman

Price of progress, PHEVs and BEVs will have higher APs

#133444 Reply
    Southamman

Also, got to oay for the FCA/Peugeot buy out lol

#133445 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

To all those who wanted an increase in Advance Payment limits, be careful what you wish for: I’ve just been emailed these prices from Jeep for Q1 2021: Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Longitude Auto 4×4 – £9995 AP Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Limited Auto 4×4 – £9395 AP Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 240hp Trailhawk Auto 4×4 – £8995 AP One can only assume that Motability believe the value of a Jeep Renegade PHEV in 3/5 years will be just above nothing.

Are they considering raising the BHP 225bhp PHEV limit?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#133446 Reply
    Southamman

Just had a look,

Renegade 1,3 ges PHEV,

price £32,545

residual value after 3 years £10,199 ouch!

depreciation 74.75 PPM

#133447 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Someone is extracting the urine me thinks

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#133453 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

To all those who wanted an increase in Advance Payment limits, be careful what you wish for: I’ve just been emailed these prices from Jeep for Q1 2021: Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Longitude Auto 4×4 – £9995 AP Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 190hp Limited Auto 4×4 – £9395 AP Renegade 4xe PHEV 1.3 240hp Trailhawk Auto 4×4 – £8995 AP One can only assume that Motability believe the value of a Jeep Renegade PHEV in 3/5 years will be just above nothing.

Having driven a few Jeeps I wouldn’t remotely consider one, but those AP prices in themselves are very interesting, assuming that they aren’t errors. Do you feel that there could be some major changes afoot? I would be prepared to pay that sort of AP but would be expecting a car circa £50-60k in return.

#133469 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

For those APs I’d be expecting a Model S or a Model X, not a cheap jeep.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 227 total)
Reply To: Reply #133482 in Q1 Pricing and information – New Motability prices 1st January 2021
Your information: