Q1 2022 News & Updates

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172360 Reply
    Mark

As Q1 is around the corner i thought its time to make that thread.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172811 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Q2 might bring the new Sportage. Surprised that it didn’t get added this time around.

Don’t expect it to be cheap though – not in the current climate, but even then, with prices up to £43.000 for the top spec/engine, it’s never gonna be a cheap car.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#172814 Reply
    Ron Goddard

Glad we ordered out Peugeot 3008 before Xmas, AP had gone up £500!  Our current 5008, which had an AP of £2299 in 2019 is now £3999.    Doubt we will be able to afford another.  It feels like the scheme is being wound up by stealth.

#172815 Reply
    coralie

pleased i orderd my id3 tour in july still waiting on build date but from what i have seen with the ap going up sooooo much am happy to wait now

#172816 Reply
    Paul

My recent order of £2300 for qashqai tekna +,looks a bargain now,even though it is’nt.

Now expecting the scenario of delivery date being pushed back as private,lease buyers are given priority.

On order in october was told march 22,then in november was told be may 22.So let the games commence.

#172817 Reply
    rico

Well I tried to get motability to let me order early when the id3 tour was on the scheme as living rural were I do 300 plus range is needed and id3 boot is much bigger than kona. but they said it would count as a early termination (despite me arguing well if I order car wont be ready until 5 months after my lease ends lol) if by next week no suitable option is available with decent ap like the id3 tour was on the scheme, I personally will be extending 2 years and if nothing suitable pops up in the first year I should have enough to put a big deposit down and buy my own with only insurance to cover and tires. I refuse to accept a car or take something that is not fit for my purpose, just because its easier. my extension is on the hope the chip shortage finishing will change things, but if its that causing this we wont see any improvement until the beginning of q3 as the deals all manufactures have made with semiconductors to avoid these issues moving on, most dont come into play until the tail end of q2.

#172819 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

No issue with early termination.

We terminated early 6 weeks ago (with lease supposed to go till May), cost us £50 early termination fee, and that fee gets refunded when we wait longer than May on our new car (which we definitely will).

No harm, no foul. Considering they removed the car we ordered 6 weeks ago today, i’m glad we did it, too.

edit: i just realised that the £4000 Qashqai isn’t even a Tekna+. Wow.

#172821 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i have the mini countryman 2.0 cooper s auto with the comfort/nav pack in 2020 march it was £718 ap on wpms today just to have the same would cost £2343. in a years time at this rate there aint going to be much suitable under £1k. thats my max with the gcb at 650 and auto grant at £660.

#172824 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

You gotta laugh or you’d cry and I had a big laugh when I did a Motability search of VW cars and now they list the VW Caddy under its very own banner of, wait for it, “Volkswagen Passenger Cars”. Sorry folks I’ve been misinterpreting what a VW Caddy is as I always thought it was a van with seats in it but no, I’m wrong, It is a passenger car and has it’s very own heading now that tells me so.😁

On the thing I was looking out for, the Tiguan Allspace has return but only in the Life trim and at £1,350 more than what I’m paying for the standard Tiguan R-Line I think I’m gonna stick with that.

Maybe some things may turn up over the next few weeks when the VW factories restart after there extended Christmas break and they judge where there going this year but probably not, well not for us anyway but to be honest with myself I always thought the Allspace would return with a hyped AP.

#172827 Reply
    Brydo

“cost us £50 early termination fee, and that fee gets refunded when we wait longer than May on our new car (which we definitely will).”

Rene I didn’t know that was a thing, do you know what the actual timescales are as we ordered in June and our car won’t be delivered until February at the earliest.

#172839 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Anyone know what has happened to the ford focus as it is not showing on the new Q1 2022.

#172841 Reply
    lee

There’s a lot of people taking about extending the lease. I had an C-HR and extended this and found out that the dealer would not update the sat-nav and do any update for free as this only lasted 3 years. Also upon handing in the car motability had not extended the insurance. When extending make sure things are covered.

I have ordered a Kona EV ultimate just before christmas. The dealer was hopeful that is might be in April/May.

#172842 Reply
    Matthew England

If these Prices are going to be the new normal then theres no way i will be able to stay in the scheme. Currently have a Citroen C5 Aircross 1.2 Flair Manual to replace with similar model will be a £1500 extra on top of what i paid for my current car.

I don’t know how they think many of us can afford a £2000 deposit let alone the £5500 on some cars i used to consider. I will probably extend the lease for 2 years and if no improvement in prices early 2024 i will have to leave the scheme. 2022 has already started on a low.

#172847 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

“cost us £50 early termination fee, and that fee gets refunded when we wait longer than May on our new car (which we definitely will).” Rene I didn’t know that was a thing, do you know what the actual timescales are as we ordered in June and our car won’t be delivered until February at the earliest.

What do you mean by actual timescales – for a car delivery? Couldn’t tell you for Volvo, only have a rough idea about VWs (since that’s where we ordered).

If it’s in regard to the cancellation fee, it’s pro rata if i understood correctly. For us it was £50, and of course a pro rata reduced GCB. If our car gets delivered after the original lease (the one we terminated early) ends, which would be May this year, they consider this as “kept the car over the entire length of the original lease”, meaning we didn’t actually terminate early, hence the £50 refund, as well as the full GCB.

Does that make sense?

#172849 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

There’s a lot of people taking about extending the lease. I had an C-HR and extended this and found out that the dealer would not update the sat-nav and do any update for free as this only lasted 3 years. Also upon handing in the car motability had not extended the insurance. When extending make sure things are covered. I have ordered a Kona EV ultimate just before christmas. The dealer was hopeful that is might be in April/May.

I ordered the same car end of November and dealer hopeful March/April

#172851 Reply
    Brydo

Yes Rene that makes sense, thanks.

#172997 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Virtually all the cars “Motoclarity” said might join the scheme, including all the “interesting” ones, not one has. In terms of ICE cars, the majority seem to be the lower spec models with less powerful engines, the VW Golf being a good example, or the Skoda Ocatavia. BMW only offer the 136PS, unless you pay around 4k for the X2 and so on and so forth. Very few “desirable cars”. Perhaps this is deliberate? · years ago, seeking an SUV, we had the XC40, Tiguan, CRV, X!, 2 series, Kodiaq, Arona, Sportage etc. Now The RAV4, Kuga and Tuscon. All at high AP´s in some cases more than 5k

#173015 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi fwippers

To be fair to Motoclarity its hard to keep any interest in cars, more so with cars for the disabled, when the dealers and manufactures keep raining on our parade.

So talking through our hats helps to get us through another day.😊

#173037 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi fwippers To be fair to Motoclarity its hard to keep any interest in cars, more so with cars for the disabled, when the dealers and manufactures keep raining on our parade. So talking through our hats helps to get us through another day.😊

Indeed, the focus should be on the car after next, hopefully the world will have settled down, choices of cars will be better, and prices lower, maybe the Rexton will be back too!

#173043 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

maybe the Rexton will be back too!

Given the way that the scheme is going, if the Rexton made an appearance even I would be interested 😂

#173047 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just in case, here is a review to whet everyone’s appetite plus pics.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/rexton

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/rexton/351897/new-ssangyong-rexton-2020-review-pictures

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by fwippers. Reason: TYPO error
    #173050 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by fwippers.
    #173055 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Given that Ssangyong are responsible for one of the ugliest cars to ever grace our roads (the Rodius – evidence below), it’s not a bad looking motor 😂 

#173058 Reply
    Seymour biz

Definitely extending the lease on my Mercedes GLA. Nothing on the scheme to match it.

#173060 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi all

I’m posting regarding the speculation that Mercedes will reappear on the scheme.  I’ve contacted a couple of dealers and one said he didn’t know the other suggested it may reappear in a couple of weeks as cars are added  later after the quarterbhas begun.  Anyone know anything.

Thanks

Road Warrior

#173061 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi

We feel the same about the GLA TOO!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 150 total)
Reply To: Q1 2022 News & Updates
Your information: