Q1 2022 News & Updates

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172360 Reply
    Mark

As Q1 is around the corner i thought its time to make that thread.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172550 Reply
    Rene

£4000 for a Qashqai.. That’s close to a full blown Tucson PHEV.

While i’m a fan of old Nissans (silvias etc), to ask the same money as Mercedes asked for their fully spec’d GLA is stupendous. It’s a reasonably good looking car, but certainly not in the “top league” when it comes to haptics etc. Wouldn’t pay top dollar for one.

#172556 Reply
    Paul

I ordered qashqai in october, before it was removed  ,i would of walked away if they were asking £4k

#172592 Reply
    Duncan Barnes

I booked a test drive in an ID4 a couple of weeks ago only for it to be removed from the list the following day so obviously the dealer was unaware of it being removed!
    Hopefully it and many others that have been lost will return come Q1!

#172617 Reply
    Capuchin

Hyundai prices updated.

Kona electric ultimate up to £1099. Still reasonable.

Tuscon PHEV ultimate £5,600

https://www.hyundai.co.uk/motability/motability-brochure.pdf

#172618 Reply
    Capuchin

Ps. No Ioniq 5 but then I don’t think anybody reasonably expected that. Doubt we’ll see the EV6 but we can dream.

#172619 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hyundai prices updated. Tuscon PHEV ultimate £5,600 https://www.hyundai.co.uk/motability/motability-brochure.pdf

Blimey. That’s not a good sign. On the positive side, at least it’s still available.

#172620 Reply
    X
    #172623 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The price for the Tucson is stupendous, both the £5600 for the ultimate, but even more so for the £5100 lower spec one. That’s almost worse than the £4000 Qashqai (if it turns out to be correct).

The price for the Kona, i’ll be the “bad guy” here, they could reasonably sell it for twice that money and it’d still be a reasonably good deal worth considering.

Ioniq 5 and especially EV6 will not come to the scheme, neither will the Mach-E nor the lower spec Teslas (albeit you if you catch Musk in one of his weed-fuelled stupors, you might be able to convince him for a deal).

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#172624 Reply
    Capuchin

@Glos-guy To be fair, those PHEV Tuscons sit in a strange place on the Hyundai list in terms of price. The normal Tuscon prices are fine. (Just no ultimate available) It’s likely Hyundai likely didn’t want to include them on the scheme currently for whatever reason, but motability forced their hands so the AP’s are a bit silly.

#172627 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

The normal Tuscon prices are fine. 

That’s arguable. The single pure petrol manual (midrange spec) is well priced, everything else is way overpriced. £3300 for a midrange MHEV isn’t fine, a £2800 base model MHEV even less so.

I’m not 100% clear on what the last entry before the PHEVs is, at £2349. It’s exactly the same spec/engine as the £2999 one.

So the bottom one is fine in price, i’m just not sure which one’s the correct price considering it’s listed twice at different prices.

#172630 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

No real surprises so far

#172631 Reply
    Capuchin

@Rene Last entry looks to be a typing error. I’d imagine that’s for the TUCSON 1.6 T-GDi Premium DCT (which doesn’t seem listed) – Prices seem fine if you don’t fall for the ‘mild hybrid’ trick. They are all priced weirdly though compared to the rest of their range.

#172637 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The price for the Tucson is stupendous, both the £5600 for the ultimate, but even more so for the £5100 lower spec one. That’s almost worse than the £4000 Qashqai (if it turns out to be correct). The price for the Kona, i’ll be the “bad guy” here, they could reasonably sell it for twice that money and it’d still be a reasonably good deal worth considering. Ioniq 5 and especially EV6 will not come to the scheme, neither will the Mach-E nor the lower spec Teslas (albeit you if you catch Musk in one of his weed-fuelled stupors, you might be able to convince him for a deal).

It was 499 in Q2, 999 in Q3 and Q4 and now 1099. I agree at 2k, still worthy of consideration

#172644 Reply
    X

Placed an order for my Corsa-e in blue on Tuesday but anyone know if I’ll be able to change it to white or is it too late?

Thanks

X

#172645 Reply
    struth
    Participant

no reason why not. i doubt it’ll have been ordered yet. ask the dealer

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#172650 Reply
    wadey1457
    Participant

just had a call from the nissan dealer asking if i was intrested in the new qashqai. the tekna model he said was £3995 lol and the cheapest was £2295.

#172651 Reply
    struth
    Participant

tenka was about half that price in september. nice car but 4k is a lot for a ‘not top of range’

#172653 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Yeah nah, at what was it, £2300 or something for the Tekna+ we did humour the thought – but at £4k, there’s plenty of better deals around.

#172655 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Yes I would say around £2,500 for a Tekna+ is about where the Qashqai should top out. I quite like the new Qashqai, but it’s neither big nor premium yet has an AP that implies it’s both! AP’s in general are getting completely out of hand. Cars that represent really good value are becoming as rare as hens teeth. It will be interesting to see what the AP’s are in Q1 for any other ‘returning’ cars.

#172656 Reply
    struth
    Participant

the hyundai man i was speaking to today says even they have dried up car wise. not expecting new ones to arrive for quite some time. i got lucky at 10 weeks.

he reckons my old one will be snapped up shortly especially as its low miles and mint.

#172659 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

the hyundai man i was speaking to today says even they have dried up car wise. not expecting new ones to arrive for quite some time. i got lucky at 10 weeks. he reckons my old one will be snapped up shortly especially as its low miles and mint.

I am expecting an update in the new year, so will be interesting to see.

#172664 Reply
    Capuchin

Ditto @fwipperie – What date were you given for delivery?

#172669 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Appx 3/4 month’s from a dealership I have used before. I think it will closer to 4.

#172688 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Hyundai prices updated. Kona electric ultimate up to £1099. Still reasonable. Tuscon PHEV ultimate £5,600 https://www.hyundai.co.uk/motability/motability-brochure.pdf

I am somewhat dubious about the Advance Payments listed in that document, particularly those for War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (WPMS) recipients.

The differential between DLA/PIP/AFIP AP’s and WPMS AP’s is normally circa £1100 (due to the roughly £7.25 per week higher WPMS rate).

However, looking at some of the listed prices there is over a £2k differential. For example, the Kona 1.6 GDi Hybrid Ultimate DCT:

£2099 DLA/PIP/AFIP v £63 WPMS!

There are some unduly large differentials on the Tucson AP’s as well. in fact looking at it, I would hazard a guess that the WPMS AP’s relate to Q4 2021!

It is either mis-printed, or there are some quite decent bargains for WPMS recipients!

#172693 Reply
    Brian Jefferson

You can put your orders in but you’re gonna wait at least 6 months for a car, and usually a lot longer than that. I’ve got an order in for a Kuga and I’ve been quoted October 2022 !

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 150 total)
Reply To: Q1 2022 News & Updates
Your information: