Q1 2022 News & Updates

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172360 Reply
    Mark

As Q1 is around the corner i thought its time to make that thread.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172389 Reply
    Michael

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I hope there is something positive to come from it, i can’t see how it could get much worse!</p>

#172390 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I would hope that things are currently about as bad as they are going to get. I don’t think that we are going to get back to 2,000 to 4,000 cars any time soon, but I suspect that a few popular cars might return in Q1, albeit with wait times continuing to be excessive. So my summary predictions for Q1 are as follows;

Poor choice. High AP’s. Long lead times.

Sound familiar? 🤔😉

#172392 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The scheme tends to evolve and change slowly and given we have a microchip shortage which looks likely to continue well into 2022 it is hard to see any radical changes in Q1, except possibly a slight loosening of restrictions thereby allowing a few more cars to join. Discounts will be harder to achieve including Motability, hence AP´are likely to remain on the high side and lead times are equally unlikely to shorten noticeably. I also think we shall see the merry go round of cars appearing, then disappearing and then return. This is making the selection process simpler for those who do not like choice , but difficult for the majority who do. Less choice, a realistic prospect of cars disappearing combined with higher AP´s may lead to people leaving, however, the same marketplace exists outside Motability. Just a week to wait and see.

#172394 Reply
    Paul

May see a few additions, but whether they stay on the full quarter is a different thing.If one comes on that you really would like,then get down to dealership asap.

#172397 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

May see a few additions, but whether they stay on the full quarter is a different thing.If one comes on that you really would like,then get down to dealership asap.

Wise words. Equally, the lists published on 1st Jan won’t be the full picture. Further additions (or deletions) can happen at any time thereafter, as is evidenced by the ‘Car Numbers on the Motability Scheme Today’ thread. Frankly, the quarterly change days are almost irrelevant now from an availability perspective, as the lists are out of date almost as soon as they are published. The main relevance of the quarter change days are AP’s, although even some of those can change mid quarter!

#172400 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Chip shortages besides I’ve heard rumours the past few day’s about the EU governments asking factories (particularly Germany) to slow down production of there wares to reduce there reliance on gas while the Russians continue there game of roulette with there gas.

Only heard this from the likes of Facebook, Twitter and other unreliable sources so just hope it is just that, a rumour, and not something on top of the chip problems.

#172402 Reply
    JonJoe

Press reports suggest the chip shortage will ease mid 2022.

#172418 Reply
    owieb

Hopefully a few more choices for the car market coming and hopefully the id3 returns for me as despite a long wait very keen on one

#172421 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

We know from Q4 that the price lists were released very late.

#172430 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Bit of speculation here from another well known site.

https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/news/new-motability-cars-for-2022

#172431 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Press reports suggest the chip shortage will ease mid 2022.

or 2023 depending on the source

Here’s what we know about the global chip shortage

#172432 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Bit of speculation here from another well known site. https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/news/new-motability-cars-for-2022

I see looking at that the photo of the Honda HR-V on the other site is showing a 33 year plate i.e MV33HRV.

I assume that’s when their expecting deliveries to be made. 😁

#172433 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Their article is not particularly helpful, raising expectations, when the reality is only a small number of these might actually make it onto the scheme.

#172444 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

TBC………..what does that mean.

#172446 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

To Be Confirmed??

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#172448 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

We know from Q4 that the price lists were released very late.

The 1st January is a Saturday which will not help either, I do hope it runs smoothly.

#172470 Reply
    Michael

very keen to see the id3 return as was just about to order one before it disappeared or even better the cupra born, literally the same car.

#172471 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Don’t hold your breath for the Cupra.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#172475 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It appears Cupra do not wish to have their cars associated with motability.

#172479 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I agree that Cupra is very unlikely to join Motability any time soon, if at all, which is a great shame. They are very smart looking cars, certainly compared to the VW ID range which are so bland they look as though they were designed by committee 😂

#172482 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I would have gone for an ID.3 if it were not for the bland and disappointing interior. This was the only real negative. The cupra and Enyaq have much more upmarket cabins.

#172528 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Not hearing much on the grapevine, I was expecting more as the Ski season is somewhat compromised!

Mercedes are due back according to some dealers, but I am not convinced, Smart (Mercedes Owned) did come back on for a day a couple of weeks ago.

Nissan announced when they removed the Juke and Qashqai that it would be back on in Q1 2022. Rumour has it the Tekna+ Qashqai will not be avaialble and the top trim will be Tekna at close to £4000 Advance Payment.

More as it comes in, I’m sure there will be some good news.

#172536 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Not hearing much on the grapevine, I was expecting more as the Ski season is somewhat compromised! Mercedes are due back according to some dealers, but I am not convinced, Smart (Mercedes Owned) did come back on for a day a couple of weeks ago. Nissan announced when they removed the Juke and Qashqai that it would be back on in Q1 2022. Rumour has it the Tekna+ Qashqai will not be avaialble and the top trim will be Tekna at close to £4000 Advance Payment. More as it comes in, I’m sure there will be some good news.

Jeepers. Whilst I like the look of the new Qashqai I wouldn’t pay £4k AP for one, even if it was the top spec one, which the Tekna isn’t.

#172537 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@wmc

Don’t think the ski season is being very much compromised looking at a few of the ski resort webcams like this one and many others.

#172538 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

They’ve only got a few hours of daylight up there.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 150 total)
Reply To: Q1 2022 News & Updates
Your information: