Q1 2020 what do you recon

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Angellica 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98790 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I wonder what Q1 will bring ? any ideas more EV PHEV and Hybrids, diesel with higher AP, petrol staying about the same.

Toyota RAV4 no longer on the scheme, but will we see the new Ford Kuga Hybrid PHEV, the Titanium is only just below the £35000 limit, the ST-Line just a few hundred over ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98919 Reply

JS

I wonder if we will see some changes announced by Motability come Q1. I think we are due some.

#98944 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Price and BHP caps need to rise.

#98986 Reply

Macca

Well, I know Subaru have maintained an ongoing dialogue with Motability since radically shaking up their UK operations. It would be encouraging if the Forester e-boxer makes it onto the scheme.

#98994 Reply

Winston

I’m hoping the price cap rises considerably and not the AP’s 😭🙌🏻

#98999 Reply

Speedy James

Anyone willing to suggest new arrivals?

#99003 Reply

Andy
    Participant

We’re due to order in the last days of December, not a great situation but I suspect AP’s will go up, especially as we are looking at the Tiguan Allspace which is currently a bit of a bargain. I could easily see that going up a couple of hundred pounds, or even disappearing from the scheme due to the ridiculous waiting  times to delivery.

#99016 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Hmmm, new arrivals, perhaps the Peugeot e-2008 as the rest of the cars with the same underpinnings are working their way on, perhaps the Peugeot e-208 too.

Motability may well need to look at the way it deals with electric cars & come up with a slightly different way of doing things than it does with ICE cars. Values of 2nd hand EVs have recovered well in the last year as the demand outpaces supply & that is likely to continue for a few years.

#99065 Reply

Tharg

I know I’m repeating myself but…

Be good to see te Polo gti on scheme. Under 200 bhp; cheaper than, and same insurance group as,  Cooper S.

#99066 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Fingers crossed that the Volvo xc40 hybrid makes it on the scheme, I’ve been told by motability that they hope to have it on very soon.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#99071 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I’m hoping the price cap rises considerably and not the AP’s 😭🙌🏻

I can go alone with that, I have had a short list for the past few years, but every car I fancy is either removed from the scheme or the AP goes over my budget.

Ideally I would love a large PHEV with a 50 mile electric range or an EV with a 400 mile range capable of towing which I could keep for 5 years.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#99078 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Oscarmax I think we are a few years away from anything like that coming on the scheme, they exist but just too expensive for the scheme.

I posted a thread recently on the cost reduction of lithium ion batteries and it shows that 2023 will be the year when the cost of BEVs and ICE cars become the same. At this time the only thing stopping BEVs coming on the scheme will be the demand from the general public. As we know the public get first pick of the best cars then motability get what’s left.

#99098 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Up the price limit and the 3 series can come back on.

#99102 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax I think we are a few years away from anything like that coming on the scheme, they exist but just too expensive for the scheme. I posted a thread recently on the cost reduction of lithium ion batteries and it shows that 2023 will be the year when the cost of BEVs and ICE cars become the same. At this time the only thing stopping BEVs coming on the scheme will be the demand from the general public. As we know the public get first pick of the best cars then motability get what’s left.

Brydo here lies the problem I have a limited budget and need a decent size vehicle to accommodate my mobility scooter and walker, I need a reasonably high SUV I struggle to get in and out of a saloon car. Vehicles similar to the Ford Kuga and some of the VW Tiguan’s suit my need and at present within my budget.

I am due to change in May 2020, by then the new  Kuga should be on the scheme, but I would imagine attract a high AP, so that leave the diesel VW Tiguan so were is the incentive/encouragement to be environmental friendly.

#99123 Reply

George

Jaguar E Pace or Disco Sport 🤞

#99135 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Oscarmax unless the government step in and force car manufacturers to supply EVs to motability we will be three years or so behind everyone else.

Not only will we be behind your ordinary joe bloggs buying their first ev but we we could be behind joe bloggs getting his second ev as the technology makes joes first ev obsolete.

Of course I could, hopefully, be wrong.

#99289 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Well, I know Subaru have maintained an ongoing dialogue with Motability since radically shaking up their UK operations. It would be encouraging if the Forester e-boxer makes it onto the scheme.

I would love this, such a shame Subaru are not represented.

As an aside, yet directly related, I recall reading in some literature a while ago that the reason Subaru and Lexus left and Jaguar and Range Rover never joined is due to the fact that there has to be a vehicle in their range under £24k.

PS. due to increases in price of the new 1 Series BMW no longer have a car under this price point.

#99292 Reply

Macca

Indeed, motability told me that in order for Subaru to offer the Forester there needs to be a spec of it that sits below the value threshold, and as they are pretty well spec’d with now only one engine and one cvt box, well there just isn’t one below the threshold

I had a dialogue with Subaru’s MD, citing other manufacturer’s examples that don’t seem to synch with this criteria either but yhey seem to be able to get the cars on nonetheless. He agreed it was something of a headscratcher how they get their vehicles on.

#99321 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

I do expect more dumping of obsolete and slow selling cars by manufacturers onto the scheme.

#99326 Reply

Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well, if VW would like to dump a bunch of Tiguan R Lines with 4wd and complimentary cow skin …….. I could certainly swallow it 😉</p>

#99327 Reply

jamesg

VW  has  just dumped  some  golfs  on scheme  at over  £3ooo  ap    lol.

#99333 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

I would love this, such a shame Subaru are not represented. As an aside, yet directly related, I recall reading in some literature a while ago that the reason Subaru and Lexus left and Jaguar and Range Rover never joined is due to the fact that there has to be a vehicle in their range under £24k. PS. due to increases in price of the new 1 Series BMW no longer have a car under this price point.

Do you think there’s a possibility of BMW being removed from the scheme?

#99370 Reply

Macca

Hi Angellica, the point thats being made here is that the £24000 value threshold only seems to apply ‘selectively’.

To explain, for a manufacturer to be able to offer a certain model on the scheme, there has to be a specification of that particular model available at less than £24000, not just a vehicle in the manufacturer’s range at below that figure.

When I was discussing it with Subaru, I pointed out that Mazda’s entry level CX5, Volkswagon’s entry level Tiguan, and Honda’s entry level CRV to name but three competitor’s SUV rivals to the Subaru Forester, are all priced above the £24000 threshold.

In spite of this all three of those manufacturers are able to get a range of specifications of each of those vehicles on the scheme, yet Subaru can’t join at all.

So the criteria for a manufacturer offering a particular vehicle on the scheme doesn’t appear at least to be being applied consistently across all manufacturers

If anyone can shed any light on that, then by all means do so.

#99371 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Hi Angellica, the point thats being made here is that the £24000 value threshold only seems to apply ‘selectively’. To explain, for a manufacturer to be able to offer a certain model on the scheme, there has to be a specification of that particular model available at less than £24000, not just a vehicle in the manufacturer’s range at below that figure. When I was discussing it with Subaru, I pointed out that Mazda’s entry level CX5, Volkswagon’s entry level Tiguan, and Honda’s entry level CRV to name but three competitor’s SUV rivals to the Subaru Forester, are all priced above the £24000 threshold. In spite of this all three of those manufacturers are able to get a range of specifications of each of those vehicles on the scheme, yet Subaru can’t join at all. So the criteria for a manufacturer offering a particular vehicle on the scheme doesn’t appear at least to be being applied consistently across all manufacturers If anyone can shed any light on that, then by all means do so.

ahhh I see. Thank you for explaining this so well @macca. Sometimes I can be a bit slow off the mark, don’t mind me lol.

#99372 Reply

Macca

I’m surprised you think i’ve explained it well. … I’m not sure i fully understand it myself 🤪

#99375 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

If I can understand it this early in the morning, proves how well you’ve explained it 😂😂😂😂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Q1 2020 what do you recon

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: