Q1 2019 Pricing & News (1st Jan – 31st March)

This topic contains 115 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  72 Dudes 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #67719 Reply

Trev

Early kick-off for the New Honda CR-V, available to order on the scheme from Jan –

HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO S 2WD 5DR £1,899
    HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO SE 2WD 5DR £2,099
    HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO SE AWD 5DR 5 SEAT £2,299
    HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO SE AWD CVT 5DR 5 SEAT £3,099
    HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO SR AWD 5DR 5 SEAT £2,999
    HONDA CR-V 1.5 VTEC TURBO SR AWD CVT 5DR 5 SEAT £3,749

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #68239 Reply

Johnny

Hi,

Any idea when the Motability website actually updates the new prices?

Just for instance the Honda CR V isn’t currently showing on there.

#68241 Reply

Trev

Hi, Any idea when the Motability website actually updates the new prices? Just for instance the Honda CR V isn’t currently showing on there.

Hi Johnny, it can take a few days to fully update – and then a couple of weeks to adjust errors and omissions – it’s really not the best. Although the majority will be there, i find it best to cross-reference with the manufacturers website…… though a few of those are lacking this quarter – expect them not to update till tomorrow.

#68242 Reply

Johnny

Okay thanks for that

#68243 Reply

Johnny

We are due to change in May and can choose new car from early March.

Was looking at either another Ford Kuga we currently have a Titanium X but thinking of the ST Line X , or perhaps a BMW X1, Honda CR V and I really like the look of the Mazda  CX 5 also.

Wanted something a little more powerful than my current Kuga , around the 170-180 bhp mark.

#68244 Reply

Trev

I have the cx-5, but it is the petrol version, which is the only available fuel type on the scheme at the moment – it won’t give you the low rev power i think you will need sadly – other than that it’s a fantastic car which has exceeded my expectations in all other areas.

I didn’t like the Kuga when i went to look at one, this was Oct last year, seemed dated in the cabin – certainly feel it’s due a refresh. But that’s my own personal taste – thank god we’re all different eh? lol

BMW X1 has some very good feedback, just ensure you have a lengthy test drive to ensure the seat comfort is right for you.

Honda CRV is new and thus heard little/no feedback thus far – if you go for a test-drive i would very interested in your thoughts.

Just to note i hear the bmw has very good fuel economy compared to others.

#68245 Reply

Johnny

Thanks, I sat in an MX5 SE Nav a while back and loved the interior, better than the Kuga but the ST Line X they have gives me that extra power, but interior whilst I like it would be similar to what I currently have and feel having that for 6 years might be a mistake.

The 16 plate Kuga Titanium X I have did have a cabin refresh before I got it, but then there was a further update with a new front grille a few months later.

It drives well, the panoramic sunroof is fantastic but despite introducing a nice big touch screen and it being virtually top of the range, it hasn’t got satnav which is ridiculous!

The newer one’s also don’t have the seat back courtesy trays for the rear passengers, something my autistic son really likes on our current Kuga, BMW can fit them onto the X1 for £90 a seat but Ford don’t offer on Kuga now at all.

I am hoping to test drive them all over the next few weeks, providing I can drive the exact model I am interested in, something that can be a problem.

#68251 Reply

Jezi177
    Participant

Dear Trev,

i wanted to ask how it is as fuel consumption the CX-5 petrol;

are the data of mpg declared from Mazda real?

i went to see the car in the dealer and I fell in love with car.

it is only that that I have to pass from the Qashqai 1.5 diesel to  petrol and I was trying to estimate the higher fuel consumption.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone in the forum.

#68253 Reply

Johnny

Sorry replace MX-5 with CX-5 on my earlier post!

#68254 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tiguan Allspace added:

https://tinyurl.com/y72m5b8a

#68255 Reply

Trev

Dear Trev, i wanted to ask how it is as fuel consumption the CX-5 petrol; are the data of mpg declared from Mazda real? i went to see the car in the dealer and I fell in love with car. it is only that that I have to pass from the Qashqai 1.5 diesel to petrol and I was trying to estimate the higher fuel consumption. Thanks and happy new year to everyone in the forum.

@jezi177 for my location and driving style they are not far off at all – 40 mpg is what i’m averaging on mainly flat 8 mile round trips, with just the wife and I in the car, and aircon on eco all the time. 44mpg i believe was the pre-wltp published mpg.

#68256 Reply

Trev

Tiguan Allspace added: https://tinyurl.com/y72m5b8a

The most popular addition to Q1 right there, very good spot

#68259 Reply

Ad1

Hi,

just a shame that VW are updating to their 2019 model line up and the model you can get is no longer available to order!

#68261 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

I’ve just noticed that the hyundai prices have changed on motability page but not on hyundai site please tell me if I’m wrong as I’m sure the entry lever was £0 and the next was £299 now shows £0

#68262 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

I’ve just noticed that the hyundai prices have changed on motability page but not on hyundai site please tell me if I’m wrong as I’m sure the entry lever was £0 and the next was £299 now shows £0

sorry forgot to say it’s the Tucson

#68265 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Hyundai uk has not updated thier web site yet , it takes a few days for some to catch up, I was just looking at the Tucson pricing , and nice to see they have narrowed the gap between manuals and Autos, everything seems as should be just a shame they haven’t added the mild hybrid, although thier sister company Kia have put theirs on, the Tucson premium SE would of been my choice this time around, although I’m happy with our year old Premium.

#68266 Reply

Oscarsmum
    Participant

Hi, just a shame that VW are updating to their 2019 model line up and the model you can get is no longer available to order!

@ad1 on the notability website they have the Tiguan Allspace down as a ‘se nav’ model. Do you know if that’s the equivalent of a current match or sel model?

#68269 Reply

Ad1

Hi Oscarsmum,

Sorry I don’t know which model it is the equivalent of.  It is the same with the standard Tiguan models, they don’t currently tie up with what you can order from VW and what is available on Motability. Hopefully they will sort this soon.

#68270 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

That’s what I wasn’t sure about as seems to have changed on motability but not hyundai. Next couple off days will confirm every thing b4 making my mind up

#68272 Reply

Jezi177
    Participant

Dear Trev, i wanted to ask how it is as fuel consumption the CX-5 petrol; are the data of mpg declared from Mazda real? i went to see the car in the dealer and I fell in love with car. it is only that that I have to pass from the Qashqai 1.5 diesel to petrol and I was trying to estimate the higher fuel consumption. Thanks and happy new year to everyone in the forum.

@jezi177 for my location and driving style they are not far off at all – 40 mpg is what i’m averaging on mainly flat 8 mile round trips, with just the wife and I in the car, and aircon on eco all the time. 44mpg i believe was the pre-wltp published mpg.

Thank you for the reply, it seems a very good result. Do you have any clue why for the CX 5 there will be no Diesel engine?

#68273 Reply

Trev

Thank you for the reply, it seems a very good result. Do you have any clue why for the CX 5 there will be no Diesel engine?

The diesel was available in Q3 last year, but taken off in Q4 for what i believe was due to demand outstripping supply in general sales. The vehicles get imported from Japan to a holding area in Belgium, and it’s the stock holding there that seems to dictate what comes on to the scheme and at what price. Diesels have been selling well, so it looks like a business decision to sell those to retail, rather than to put them on to the motability scheme where they are discounted.

Mazda have added variants mid quarter – this is what happened in Q3 last year when the cx-5 was reintroduced to the scheme.  No-one knows what will happen for sure, but it’s worth keeping an eye on – i’m interested to see if the new GT Sport Nav+ trim will make it to the scheme – if it does, the diesel variant might be available, being it’s a completely new trim level untested sales wise.

#68295 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

Just looked at Vauxhall look slikr it’s updated as it’s from 1st Jan dosnt look like any price change if any not compared

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/tools/motability/offers-and-prices/grandland-x.html

#68333 Reply

Bfoandc

Am I missing something or are the only Prius models on the list the plug-in hybrids? Last quarter you could get a Prius hybrid from £495 AP.  With the removal of the Auris it leaves Toyota offering just the C-HR for a ‘self charging’ hybrid. Huge change from the previous quarter.

#68344 Reply

Daniel

Difference between VW Sharan SE and SE NAV models to a regular customer? £425

Difference between VW Sharan SE and SE NAV models to a Motability customer?…. £550

#68424 Reply

Stewart

I’m going to speak to my MP regarding what’s going on.

Motability have a monopoly on disabled person’s cars and get very attractive incentives compared with other leasing companies.

There should be at least one other company who can compete with them on a level playing field.

Then watch these prices tumble.

#68426 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

We just ordered our car today and was talking to the rep about this saying how motability make more than the show rooms and how the disabled are being ripped off in so many ways it be interesting to see how this goes maybe start a petition

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 115 total)
Reply To: Q1 2019 Pricing & News (1st Jan – 31st March)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: