Push pull brake and accelerator.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Persuader 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75241 Reply

Hoboman28
    Participant

Hi all. 

I ordered my new SEAT Leon ST Xcellence Lux back in Feb and its still on its way and should be delivered by the middle of May.

I’ve had to switch to hand controls because I have lost all feeling in my feet…I’ve gone for the Jeff Gosling mechanical push pull system with integrated indicator switch…my question is, how light/heavy are the controls to use? (I also have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my hands) I was assured by the dealer that the controls would be fine…but then again how many dealers have ever used them?

Any insight from actual users of mechanical hand controls would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75263 Reply

Persuader

I’ve used Goslings hand controls of this type for 30 years and indeed knew him when he fitted them personally out of his wheelchair.

Nothing comes close to their hand controls however if the cars accelerator or brake are heavy then so will the control. It’s a direct and mechanical link.

Nowadays the accelerator and brake require very low levels of effort,  however the only way to know for yourself and your needs is to try one.

Hope that helps a little?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Reply To: Push pull brake and accelerator.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: