Public sector staff offered I-Pace EVs on sal-sac under ‘unprecedented’ deal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lord Muc 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103835 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Article

A fleet of 700 Jaguar I-Pace electric SUVs are being made available to UK public sector staff for salary sacrifice under an ‘unprecedented’ deal between Jaguar Land Rover and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

JLR’s tie-up with NHS Fleet Solutions will enable staff from more than 200 organisations to sign up for the electric I-Pace on a three-year salary sacrifice deal
    The agreement covers Northumbria Healthcare’s NHS Fleet Solutions business, which offer its 200-plus customers the chance to sign up for salary sacrifice deals on the I-Pace from April 2020, when the new 0% EV Benefit-in-Kind rate is due to take effect.

It’s a deal that’s expected to deliver benefits to patients – all Fleet Solutions staff are employed by Northumbria Healthcare, with all income/ profits re-invested into patient care – while also helping with wider work on sustainability.

Sir James Mackey – chief executive Northumbria Healthcare, said: “To have a fleet of cars that are fully electric demonstrates our on-going commitment to making decisions that reduce our impact on the environment and help us become greener.”

Claire Watson-Brown, national contract hire & public sector manager, Jaguar Land Rover UK, said: “We are very proud to provide NHS and Public Sector staff with this fleet of Jaguar I-Paces.  The I-Pace demonstrates our latest electric vehicle technology, developed here in the UK to deliver clean, sustainable and efficient transport.”

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103840 Reply

Lord Muc

Brydo, I have posted about nhs fleet solutions before, this seems a very good arrangement for them, but motobility have had a dislike of jlr, they had the evoke and xf all set to come on the scheme, about three years ago, dealer staff had all the training, but was pulled at the last minute.

#103841 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Lord Muc. Well I hadn’t heard that before. That is such a shame. We can only wonder why that happened. Fear of the daily fail getting it’s nasty teeth into it perhaps?

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#103847 Reply

Lord Muc

Not sure, but possibly, why get cold feet after dealer staff had the training, some said it on here, it was because jlr, jumped the gun and posted adverts, before an official announcement, the salesman was gutted too, as we had a nice test drive and orders and enquiries must have been coming in. It was a great shame.

#103848 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

A great shame for sure. At least now we know why JLR are not here. It’s not themselves, it’s Motability.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#103868 Reply

Lord Muc

Yup, as nhs fleet solutions have shown, jlr are willing to a deal, and who wouldn’t, for that number of cars, get them on the road, get word of mouth, a lot like how many brands work, like Microsoft.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Public sector staff offered I-Pace EVs on sal-sac under ‘unprecedented’ deal

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: