price cap raised

• Creator
    Topic
  • #36739 Reply
    crispy

Price cap raised and other changes from Q1

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #36745 Reply
    Nick M
    Participant

Good read there crispy, jan 1st looks to be interesting with hopefully more additions to the scheme

#36746 Reply
    Joe London

That’s good news. But also the max AP is going up. Really annoying for folks who took on cars this year, and again shows how motobility make snap  decisions. With the raised ap, folks are going to have to crunch the numbers, to see if it makes sense, or to open a wider choice of cars by going Pcp

#36751 Reply
    Kam

Good find crispy. Jan will be interesting…

#36761 Reply
    The little taffia

They have also introduced a maximum bhp of 200 for diesel/petrol with 225 for electric. Bye bye Octavia VRS!

#36763 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Intrigued as to the 225 bhp limit for electric cars, considering the new Leaf has 148bhp and the BMW i3 168bhp. The latter has a 0-62 mph time of 7.3 seconds. Can’t wait, the future should be fun. (For about 100 miles)

#36765 Reply
    Nick M
    Participant

I’ve just read this link for probably the fourth or fifth time already and the following quote is a bit flakey to say the least

‘ In addition, if a car within a model range offers additional benefits for our customers over and above the ‘qualifying’ model, we may allow these to be offered on the Scheme at our discretion. These benefits will likely include sat nav (for helping to plan a journey), autonomous technology (self-parking is an example) and leather seats (to help access and egress). The maximum on-the-road price for these discretionary derivatives has increased to £33,500 for manual cars and £35,000 for automatic models. ‘

The top spec Kuga Vignale with certain engines is already over the 35k limit? <b>#confused</b>

#36766 Reply
    Kam

I think this is them allowing themselves a ‘grey area’. If a manufacturer offers them a more expensive cars at a steal. (like the outgoing xtrail they were trying to clear)…

#36770 Reply
    Qwe2

Interesting.

Audi A4 estate was too expensive to be on the motability. But with the new rule hopefully estate will be as it’ll hold the wheelchair

#36779 Reply
    POPS

It looks promising …. let’s see how it works in practice.

Some of the more ignorant dealerships may just have to start treating us with a little respect again.

#36781 Reply
    Kam

Valid point pops

#36802 Reply
    JS

Very valid point pops. As I’ve just moved and couldn’t face xmas shopping again today I dropped into a couple off local dealerships (they don’t no I’ve already ordered lol ) so Honda dealership a family run franchise for 20 odd years etc etc was the first speal, all going well and getting good info until I mentioned motability and asked if prices are about to increase or cars be added due to change? Well that was the end of that, NOPE was the reply we don’t know come back after the 1st and in his 14 years they have never been given new list early! Well needless to say I took great pleasure in showing him the Hyundai list and asked him for directions. I didn’t realise smiling in a smug manner felt so good, a decent respectful sales person makes all the difference perhaps with the chance to upsell things can improve.

#36804 Reply
    Trev

Thanks for posting crispy

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#36805 Reply
    Garys

Have to say i thought the mention of leatger seats to aud getting in and out was a bit of a stretch UNTIL i yried my neighbours kuga zetec ( which has the material seats ) and b@@ger me i just could not twist and turn out of the car like i do in mine – actually got stuck  – now sold on the benefits of leather so my next car will have to have leather again and not the fake suede stuff

#36820 Reply
    nick

justsaying>…………… how much fun would it be if motability allowed us to be mystery shoppers popping into loads of branches, ill have a field day, dealers would have to change their ways then lol.

#36827 Reply
    JS

Nothing stoping us as a group coming up with and doing a WMC mystery shop points sheet everyone can take part in. And printing results, dealerships will soon get to hear about it. On topic and thanks for finding trev I think with retail sales continuing to drop if run up to march is the same Q2 will se the biggest change

#36829 Reply
    JS

Sorry Crispy not trev

#36960 Reply
    Olpk

Practically back to the old system.

Volvo had the XC60 on some time ago, pre cap, which had a 40k plus price tag in showrooms and should have been too expensive for the scheme but Volvo made it fit motability pricing.

Looks like those days of what’s available is down to the negotiations between motability and a manufacturer may be coming back.

#36961 Reply
    Trev

Darn, can’t catch a compliment these days lol

#36962 Reply
    JS

Looking good Trev “wink”

#36976 Reply
    Trev

{{{{blushing}}}

#36984 Reply
    John

A cap of 200bhp – Disabled people using Motability must not go from 0-70mph quickly!

#36987 Reply
    Garys

Lets be fair – unless you buy a heavy car 200 bhp should be more than enough to progress reasonably quickly

If you want a racing car then perhaps moyability ( which is mainly there to get you from A to B) is not where you should be looking for your car

#37021 Reply
    Nick

Just a thought I was watching an episode on tv last night where an electrc car was involved in a crash the fire service was not allowed to go near it until a special team turned up because of the danger of the electric battery ect ect if it shorts out or wires come lose it charges the whole car. That’s scary stuff. Think they should have a cut off button like buses have lol.

#37025 Reply
    Kam

That’s a very good point. They surely should have processes in place. They can’t just develop this technology and not provide a ‘how to’ to the emergency services. What if the car needs cutting?

#37028 Reply
    Garys

Perhaps they will be fitted with explosive sections so in the event of a accident bits will fly off in all directions

Kust like those cars i had as a kid.

Oh wait – fiat are nearly there with the new punto – the first car in years that is guaranteed to kill the occcupants in the event of a crash

Only scored a big fat zero in the ncap tests

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: price cap raised
Your information: