Pre Registered Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I wish that Motability would use common sense regarding the above,especially in today’s very slow new car supply.</p>
      I found a car today a 24 plate with just 10 miles on the clock but because it has been pre registered the dealer could not let a Motabilty customer have because it is classed as having had 1 owner

It’s madness,the reg is current 24 and mileage at 10 miles.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by MickC.
    Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      northwales1
      Participant

Definitely worth talking to multiple garages. I’ve just done a mid contract change, school run is 72 miles daily (car is from my sons DLA) our Peugeot e208 was struggling with its range, so I asked to change to a car with ~300 miles.

First Hyundai dealership ‘had a look’ on the computer and said it would be a new build for an Ioniq 5, November or December delivery. Went to another Hyundai garage a few days later, they found three in stock, I’ve just picked it up today, it’s taken less than four weeks to get the car and that includes their Mota guy having a weeks holiday!

Elliot
        Participant

Motability will not purchase a pre registered car as it makes no commercial sense to them. It would simply cost them more than a brand new car plus with an extra owner on the log book.

MickC
          Participant

Motability will not purchase a pre registered car as it makes no commercial sense to them. It would simply cost them more than a brand new car plus with an extra owner on the log book.

I get all that,but they need to put “us” first rather than themselves,they should have a way of  “us” having direct contact with a small team dedicated to checking the merits of each individuals request for a Pre Reg car.

This car i was interested in was 10k below retail cost.

MickC
            Participant

Definitely worth talking to multiple garages. I’ve just done a mid contract change, school run is 72 miles daily (car is from my sons DLA) our Peugeot e208 was struggling with its range, so I asked to change to a car with ~300 miles. First Hyundai dealership ‘had a look’ on the computer and said it would be a new build for an Ioniq 5, November or December delivery. Went to another Hyundai garage a few days later, they found three in stock, I’ve just picked it up today, it’s taken less than four weeks to get the car and that includes their Mota guy having a weeks holiday!

Good news.

What model I5 did you go for “premium” “ultimate” ?

northwales1
              Participant

Premium, £549 AP and I think I’m getting about the same back from the Pug as it’s going back early.

Only done 46 miles so far but I’m massively impressed that the range on the dash matches the exact miles I’ve driven today. Peugeot was really poor at keeping range, even in eco mode.

Off to Anglesey with the lad tomorrow and York on Thursday for the train museum, couple of nice long trips to bed it in and try to get used to the screens!

MickC
                Participant

Premium, £549 AP and I think I’m getting about the same back from the Pug as it’s going back early. Only done 46 miles so far but I’m massively impressed that the range on the dash matches the exact miles I’ve driven today. Peugeot was really poor at keeping range, even in eco mode. Off to Anglesey with the lad tomorrow and York on Thursday for the train museum, couple of nice long trips to bed it in and try to get used to the screens!

Straight into enjoying the car thats what its all about.

I do like the I5 myself,did you go in with an open mind on colour or were you colour specific ? was it a large dealership that helped you out ?

northwales1
                  Participant

Of the three (almost immediately) available they had two cyber grey and one black, went for cyber grey and it does look good. I’m one of those people who can never choose a colour so if anything it made my life easier! Dealer was the main dealership in Ellesmere Port, the Motability guy made everything so easy, probably the easiest car ‘purchase’ I’ve ever had, this is my sixth car ‘from new’, second on Motability after finishing work and becoming a full time carer for my lad.

Really impressed with the scheme and excited and appreciative for the future adventures this car will allow us to have

Jojoe
                    Participant

It’s most probably due to the VAT, Motability get the cars VAT free. If the car has been registered it will likely be a problem for them.

Glos Guy
                      Participant

It’s most probably due to the VAT, Motability get the cars VAT free. If the car has been registered it will likely be a problem for them.

Yes, this is exactly the reason why pre reg cars aren’t an option for Motability. They get block VAT exemption and you can only get VAT exemption on a car at the point of first registration.

Doughnut
                        Participant

I always bought pre-reg cars as they were significantly cheaper. Because I kept them for at least 5 years, having two registered owners when selling on made very little – if any- difference to the price I sold it for.  However, if I attempted to sell it within three years, having that extra owner would lose me a significant amount.

In addition, it also affects any new replacement in case of an accident within the first 6 months to a year, and VAT payments. So, from Motability’s point of view it’s not financially viable.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.