Power folding mirrors on new Golf ?

• This topic has 41 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Marie.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #123321 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I’ve tried and tried looking at standard equipment on the brand new MK 8 Golf and no where can I see if it has power folding mirrors as standard ? If anyone could help please I’ve always had power folding mirrors on my Golfs and I know when it’s locked when I see the mirrors folded

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128165 Reply
    Francis

Does anyone remember if the brochure before the updated one on the 20/10/20 had the electric foldering mirrors? I ordered my golf style on the 17/10/20…yep two days before the updated brochure😩

#128180 Reply
    Harry

Are they getting added to the Rline anyone know?

#128186 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Not according to vw website comaparing all 3 models the life and r-line have electric controllable and heated wing mirrors but only the style has electric controllable folding heated wing mirrors.

I saw a vid a while ago now deffo pre lockdown and was vw’s ceo talking about their new sales model, one of paying more for extra’s. Some which are on the car already but are dealer activated. So if the 2nd owner decides they want high beam assist say, they take it to the dealer they put in a code and then it works.

As it was there all along..£££ personally in the all the years i been on the scheme i have never bought an extra if it’s not standard then that car is off my list. like all audi’s, bmw’s or mercedes etc as acc is part of a pack and i need that.. and i do feel thats how it going whereas other makers include alot more as standard but they considered, lesser premium makers.

#128187 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Rox I had test drive in style model I locked it up and mirrors didn’t fold the other styles on forecourt were locked but mirrors not folded this is listers VW Loughborough Leicestershire

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#128188 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Please note they were early models probably changed now ?

#128196 Reply
    rox
    Participant

It was last week i looked for research, to see what you get as standard considering maybe they changed the trim names to cover up the changes or make them seem cooler than when it was S/Se and sel trims of the mk7./7.5 I was shocked the r-line didn’t have alot of the options it did before although i do think the style has quite a bit of added stuff but the wheels are so nasty. I really think Vw gone way to far and if it was me i’d be very disappointed in the offerings now from them. Even though you get the new digital dash alot is not to like or is an added extra and for me on the scheme that is money i will never see back at all.. at least the ap is the difference in payment and one can justify that, but adding extras is there new model and comparing them to the previous versions just not as attractive imo.

#128201 Reply
    Jamie

I know this slightly off the main topic but has anyone test driven any new Golfs? How did you find the infotainment system?

Everything is all touch screen/touch sensitive and the doing simple tasks like adjusting the dual zonal climate in the car seems like a right headache from the videos I’ve seen online. Was hoping the new GTDs are going to be put on the scheme but all the touch sensitive and lack of buttons is really off-putting!!

#128207 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Jamie I had an hour and half test drive in the new Golf style 1.5 ETSI dsg 2 weeks ago I had watched you tube reviews etc so I had the touch screen commands on voice on steering wheel it drove me mad trying to set heater air con demise etc etc the voice kept saying I’m sorry I didn’t catch that or it will get warm shortly it never did ! The touch screen is very complicated with different menus which takes your eyes off the road ! I’m on my third Golf and the new touch screen was one of two reasons I didn’t order this Golf the other being lack of equipment ! I was going to test drive Seat Leon 1.5 Etsi dsg a bargain at £695 but alas has same touch screen !

#128233 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Mike

I love having all controls on a menu driven touch screen but I think there should be laws governing that certain things should have real buttons and levers.

I’ve noticed that a lot of cars with automatic gearboxes are having push buttons for gear select now but I feel this should have some sort of lever where you know for sure which way the car is going to go from a standing start. I know as now there is a display in the cars driver information screen showing what gear the car is in but that can easily get lost while checking out all the other buzzers, bells and lights.

Much goes for the climate control as it can be a real danger if your windscreen suddenly fogs up and your pushing the touch screen frantically so you can see where your going again but the radio comes blasting out instead causing more panic.

For thing like setting coming home lighting and how many times the flasher flash when you lock the doors the menu driven system is great but main driving control should remain hardware not software in my way of thinking.

#128259 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree Chris

#128358 Reply
    Cooperman

I have been a loyal vw man for years bit now due to order this quarter have had scirocco,golf mk6 ged,2018 tiguan r line

Golf and tiguan seem quite barren interiors having been to vw today

Added extras are off the scale

1500 leather seats

650 for decent alloys.

On the way home I paid a visit to skoda dealer.

I looked at a octavia sel

All extras seem to be included

Folding mirrors, blind spot etc

Full leather 300 pounds

Nice alloys 300 pounds

Nicely spec car with full leather and nice alloys for1200 pounds

I am now getting over my badge snobbery and thinking of ordering

Anyone had one and are they any good?

#129311 Reply
    Matthew

Does anyone know if the wing mirrors fold back manually? Just got one today and nervous of breaking the thing.

#129334 Reply
    rox
    Participant

On my old golf mk7 they had a button on the drivers door to close and open the mirrors manually if need.

Often I used to use it when i parked up and was waiting in the car on a busy road. The only other way was to use the key and lock the car but i duuno if it is still the same on the new golf, but my current honda also has a button to close them.

#129368 Reply
    Matthew

The new one I have doesn’t have the option to fold in electronicaly with button on the door. My older one didn’t either but they were old school ones you physically could move in. This new one however doesn’t seem like it wants to budge and I am scared that will rip the mirror off. Anyone expiring this to was wondering if had to twist or something, can’t find anything online. Garage not returning calls nightmare

#129383 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Does it not say in the owners manual is all i can suggest, but from pics i have seen i would imagine they do and often they are very stiff to release them. They don’t look like the design of the mount of the mirror has changed at all.. from my mk7 after just watching a vid and only the style has the electronically folding ones after looking on the vw site and comparing trims.

you can look at a digital manual here https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my-car/manuals

but you need to enter a vin number so i cannot.

#129860 Reply
    Marie

Hi Matthew I got a Golf series 8 r line this week and I too was scared to fold the mirrors in, but my brother in law done them for me this evening but they do fold manually

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Power folding mirrors on new Golf ?
Your information: