Power folding mirrors on new Golf ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123321 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I’ve tried and tried looking at standard equipment on the brand new MK 8 Golf and no where can I see if it has power folding mirrors as standard ? If anyone could help please I’ve always had power folding mirrors on my Golfs and I know when it’s locked when I see the mirrors folded

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123326 Reply
    File28

Just had a look at the configurator and it’s seems to be in a drivers pack £785

#123328 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Thankyou for the reply I didn’t know that can’t believe they not standard I think Audi is the same ?

#123329 Reply
    File28

You’ll probably have to go top spec to get them as standard

#123332 Reply
    Belfast4

On the golf r-line they are also an option at £550

Equipment details

Side Assist inc. folding wing mirrors
    £550 £550,

Lane Assist

Multifunction camera for distance control

Remote electrically foldable door mirrors, puddle lights and reverse activated passenger’s door mirror

#123333 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Reading an article about VAG, BMW and Mercedes plans to have pay to play options on all models in the future.
    So you can buy the exact options you want and the dealer will enable them before you collect.
    A new way to charge for things that would have been standard.

#123334 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Thankyou for the replies I’ve had them standard on my 3 Golfs and want them standard on my next car which ever I decide which make ?

#123339 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Mike, VW have been a little crafty as regards folding mirrors on the new Golf 8 & there are quite a few people out there on the forums who are not happy. Initially, when it was launched, folding mirrors were only standard on the mid-range ‘Style’ model… but only for Golfs with the 2021 model year. They (VW) issued the online brochure saying so… but took it offline again because people thought they were getting folding mirrors with their early models – but they weren’t. Buyers weren’t happy – hence VW updating the online brochure with no mention of folding mirrors.

As someone mentioned above, they are now a £550 option on the ‘Life’ and ‘R-Line’ models… but the mid ‘Style’ model should have them with folding mirrors as standard… but only after VW have got rid of all the early models with no folding mirrors! Definitely check with the dealer, if you’re ordering one, that it will come with the folding mirrors. VW should issue a new, updated online UK brochure very soon with the mirrors back on the ‘Style’ model as standard.

Either way, it’s pretty mean of VW not to include them anyway for what is a (supposedly) a premium hatchback – especially on the top R-Line version. I guess we can call this one ‘Mirrorgate’?

#123340 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

If I remember rightly the folding mirrors were not standard on the Mk7 at launch but became standard along with parking sensors when they introduced the Match halfway through the Mk7 production run to give the old model a boost before the Mk8 came to market.

I remember it well because when I ordered my Golf Match on a 64 plate the week before I ordered I said to the sales guy I was adding the options of rear view camera plus the mirror pack with puddle lights and Motability added the Match the day before I ordered so I cancelled the camera because of the all round parking sensors and got the folding mirrors with puddle lights added for free.

You can imagine the sales guy was gutted.

I bet they will introduce a Match version with the said items next year or the year after for the same price as the previous Mk8.

#123447 Reply
    John

Folding mirrors,  reverse activated passenger dipping mirror, park assist and puddle lights all standard on my ateca fr… Its funny because I read a lot on here saying that SEAT is a poor man’s VW….SEAT all day long for me. Vw just so bland to look at and tight with their standard equipment

#123452 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Is your Ateca Automatic John ?

#123464 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Folding mirrors, reverse activated passenger dipping mirror, park assist and puddle lights all standard on my ateca fr… Its funny because I read a lot on here saying that SEAT is a poor man’s VW….SEAT all day long for me. Vw just so bland to look at and tight with their standard equipment

This – exactly.

I’m not sure who’s designing VW’s these days but they need a kick up the @rse! The Scirocco was the last good looking car from Wolfsburg.

#123486 Reply
    Georgie

“The Scirocco was the last good looking car from Wolfsburg.”

Sadly true.  I loved the Scirocco.  For a couple of years VW said they were going to bring them back.  Then they said they were going to produce an e-Scirocco.  Now – nothing but dull-looking Brot boxen on wheels.

#123497 Reply
    John

No Menorca Mike. Its the manual.

#127137 Reply
    hashmo

Just went to West London VW today to put in my order for a new Golf 8, 1.5 eTSI 150 7 speed LIFE DSG.  I also asked about the folding mirrors.  They assured me that the 2021 version would come with them as standard – and note I’m getting a LIFE, not a STYLE.  They agreed that the 2020 models didn’t have them and customers were unhappy and surprised about this – even the salespeople.  I even called him back to confirm after finding this forum.  Thought I’d update you all in case someone else has the same question.  He confirmed that they can fold electronically whilst driving (through width restrictors), and will also fold automatically when you lock the car with the central locking.

#127152 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Just went to West London VW today to put in my order for a new Golf 8, 1.5 eTSI 150 7 speed LIFE DSG. I also asked about the folding mirrors. They assured me that the 2021 version would come with them as standard – and note I’m getting a LIFE, not a STYLE. They agreed that the 2020 models didn’t have them and customers were unhappy and surprised about this – even the salespeople. I even called him back to confirm after finding this forum. Thought I’d update you all in case someone else has the same question. He confirmed that they can fold electronically whilst driving (through width restrictors), and will also fold automatically when you lock the car with the central locking.

I can also reiterate this as I visited my nearest centre to mosey about in the new Golf. Like others, I was initially taken aback by the lack of electric folding mirrors but my sales with as confirmed that for the 2021MY, they will come as standard equipment.

Cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#127156 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Fair enough regarding the folding mirrors. VW need to update their online brochures for the Golf because the only model that mentions electric folding mirrors as standard is the mid-spec ‘Style’ and not the ‘Life’ or R-Line versions.

#127176 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s great news I’m interested in the Life which has 16 inch wheels for more mpg so I’ve read

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#127177 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hash did the dealer mention waiting time for new Golf 1.5 Etsi dsg ? Did you have a test drive ?im having hour test drive Monday morning

#127179 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I like to see the folded mirrors on my Golf as I know I’ve locked the car

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Power folding mirrors on new Golf ?
Your information: