Posting a parcel who best To use ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144502 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I want to sell items on eBay if I packed them up and took them to my post office they would cost around £18 to post Royal Mail is there a cheaper posting company my post code is LE12 Sileby Leicestershire and my sister has a printer if needed to print post labels ! Any help most welcome many thanks ps the weight of my item is 13 kg and size 30 cm by 30 cm

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144503 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

have a look at .parcel2go.com

i did a lot of small parcels and i found royal mail the best but for the heavier stuff parcel force or other couriers are cheaper. up to 2kg i would use royal mail anything bigger shop around but be careful some like yodel are crap.

#144518 Reply
    Lou

Iv been behind the scenes at Hermes and know exactly what goes on, it’s not a positive sight either. Warehouse staff routinely lob packages around and if they get damaged they still cage them up for the poor courier to deliver. Iv seen brand new 32” TVs and bigger with the boxes badly damaged or have holes in where the have been chucked around and they were still being loaded into vans. There are of course decent warehouse staff but there few & far between. If you go for a cheaper company like Hermes or yodel then I would highly highly recommend thickly padding whatever it is you are sending and get decent strong boxes with fragile tape (they don’t usually take notice of the fragile warning) and make sure it’s trackable. There good for costs but that comes with risk, damage and loss/theft 😐 I trust Royal Mail more but it’s personal preference.

#144526 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Parcel Monkey, choose DHL and they’ll do 13Kg for £8.58 collected from your door and delivered next working day.

https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/

Also a lot cheaper for extra insurance cover for more valuable items if you need it, for coverage up to £100 it’s only £1.29 (+Vat) extra.  It’s a sliding scale so just put your parcels value in and it adjusts automatically.

Have used them several times without a problem.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#144529 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Parcel Monkey, choose DHL and they’ll do 13Kg for £8.58 collected from your door and delivered next working day. https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/ Also a lot cheaper for extra insurance cover for more valuable items if you need it, for coverage up to £100 it’s only £1.29 (+Vat) extra. It’s a sliding scale so just put your parcels value in and it adjusts automatically. Have used them several times without a problem.

Thankyou for the reply do I have to print a label to put on parcel or can I just write the address in marker pen on my parcel ?

#144536 Reply
    Lou

Yes that’s possible, you book online and the courier will bring the label when he/she comes to collect the package. You will need to get the quote off the site based on the weight 🙂

#144537 Reply
    Lou

If you do it this way then you don’t wrote anything on the package

#144541 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Every time I’ve used them I’ve printed off the address/shipment label.

The label has a barcode the courier needs to scan on collection.

If you choose DX (who won’t collect until Thursday)) instead of DHL they will bring a label with them, if you look on the Parcel Monkey site all the couriers are marked as to whether or not you need a printer to use the service.

#144598 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou for your help I see DHL collect the next day I’ve found a bigger box with polystyrene. In etc to put my amplifier and CD player in so it’s the size of the box they want and the weight of the whole thing including box ? I will put my items on eBay and end Sunday evening

#144608 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Yes, total weight and size of box 🙂

You’ll need a printer to use DHL but not to use DX

#144624 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou so much the post office are a rip off would want £20

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Posting a parcel who best To use ?
Your information: