Popular car colours

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

I’ve only been back from my test drive and we’re already arguing about car colours. Does anyone know what the most popular colours are in the UK and why they’re chosen?

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Markymate
      Participant

That green is beautiful @markymate

Will be honest, when we first saw it online it didn’t take our fancy, but when we walked into the showroom and saw it in the flesh, it was like, WOW, what a great colour.  And like @Ele said, some colours just suit a particular car. We added the black roof as we thought it brought out the green more.

Just have to endure the wait now!!

kj35
        Participant

Will be honest, when we first saw it online it didn’t take our fancy, but when we walked into the showroom and saw it in the flesh, it was like, WOW, what a great colour. And like @Ele said, some colours just suit a particular car. We added the black roof as we thought it brought out the green more. Just have to endure the wait now!!

I’m not massively fussed about most car colours as they all seem to be a bit dull but THAT is a thing of beauty @markymate. Green is my favourite colour and that shade just looks stunning.

des
          Participant

My next car colour choice.

Obsession blue. That’s my colour and it’s stunning. But it’s green lol. When I ordered it ignited an argument between the staff again, They’re just messing tbh but a few say green and a few say blue. My OH is blue I’m green. They didn’t have a colour chart but had a few new 408s in the same colours as the e3008 and the obsession blue car was sitting outside.

Markymate
            Participant

I like a colour that can look two different colours depending on how you are looking at it, or different sunlight.

Markymate
              Participant

Will be honest, when we first saw it online it didn’t take our fancy, but when we walked into the showroom and saw it in the flesh, it was like, WOW, what a great colour. And like @Ele said, some colours just suit a particular car. We added the black roof as we thought it brought out the green more. Just have to endure the wait now!!

I’m not massively fussed about most car colours as they all seem to be a bit dull but THAT is a thing of beauty @markymate. Green is my favourite colour and that shade just looks stunning.

Read an article back in the early 80’s, think it was an AA survey that said green coloured cars were the most crashed cars.  I’ve always avoided that colour till now LOL!!  Just couldn’t resist it…  All KIA need to do now is build and get it to me.

Markymate, that Kia green looks so cool and sophisticated on the Sportage.

This is the first time I’ve used the word “Sophisticated” about a car colour, but I think it fits, lol.

Doughnut
                  Participant

My last car was white, so I decided on dark metallic grey this time around thinking it wouldn’t show the dirt as much, therefore less cleaning.

Didn’t quite work out like that. With white you can see the dirt when cleaning, so in general you get it all off first time around. The grey doesn’t really hide the dirt, it just emphasises you own a dirty looking car even when its clean. After washing the grey car you start to notice dirty patches as muck on grey is easily missed.

The best compromise for me is red. All my previous red cars hid the dirt quite well, yet you could see it coming off when washing.

In future, if I have a choice it will be white or red. But never grey 🙁

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Doughnut.

There was an obsession blue coloured 4008 on the forecourt of the Peugeot dealership. It looked blue on three sides and a definite hint of metallic green on one corner where the light struck the car differently.

Markymate
                      Participant

Markymate, that Kia green looks so cool and sophisticated on the Sportage. This is the first time I’ve used the word “Sophisticated” about a car colour, but I think it fits, lol.

@POPS
                          That’s the perfect word for the colour on the car. “Sophisticated”.  Could not have described it any better myself!!

kj35
                        Participant

@des that’s stunning too. @doughnut I know what you mean about dark grey but I did have a silver Audi a3 that always looked sparkly even when mucky.  I’m hoping my moonstone grey Id5 does the same. I do like the way the moonstone looks sort of flat and futuristic we’ll see. If there had been a green or teal like @markymate or @des car in the Id range id have ordered that and waited as it was I wasn’t fussed enough about the VW colours ( or indeed Audi) to wait months for a factory order over stock availability. Cars great though so I’m excited.

solent60
                          Participant

If I was in the market for a nice, new Peugeot 308 GT – this is definitely the colour I would pick…

Participant

Looks great Solent is that car on the scheme ?

I’m obviously biased as I currently have a 3008, but I believe that Peugeot have some of the best looking cars on the road.

The designers have done a superb job recently in my opinion.

solent60
                                Participant

Looks great Solent is that car on the scheme ?

Yes Mike, it’s the 308 GT with an AP of £1,299.

A certain moderator on here (no names… but Joss) has this exact car and colour.

Agreed POPS, Peugeot’s design team are doing a fabulous job with their latest models. Long may it continue.

Participant

Peugeot producing some nice looking cars, shame i can’t get on with the small steering wheel they use.

Car History:
                                    Ford Fiesta
                                    Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                                    Mazda 3
                                    BMW 2 Series Coupe
                                    Mercedes A Class
                                    Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
                                    Renault Austral (On order)

des
                                    Participant

VWs metallic blue is stunning, and I don’t like blue cars.

Participant

308 estate looks good and a great colour. betting its a bit on low side tho

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                        Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

vinalspin
                                        Participant

The Gaffers car

Participant

omg, someone has nicked half of it lol

quite like the colour and should be easy for her to park

des
                                            Participant

A bit higher than both the Enyaq and eScenic

Participant

good to know. thanks

Are you sure you’re not confusing the 308 with the 3008 des? When I tried to sit in the 308 estate I found it a bit  too low for me.

kj35
                                                  Participant

there were two blues at VW a mid blue colour that ‘ok’ and a lighter azul blue which was lovely and did make me ponder. It did look pretty , but one of my best friends has an older Audi a4 convertible in that colour and it’s ( rightly) her pride and joy so I didn’t want to rock up in a brand new £52k car in the same colour it just didn’t sit right .

des
                                                    Participant

Are you sure you’re not confusing the 308 with the 3008 des? When I tried to sit in the 308 estate I found it a bit too low for me.

Ah yes. My mistake

des
                                                      Participant

there were two blues at VW a mid blue colour that ‘ok’ and a lighter azul blue which was lovely and did make me ponder. It did look pretty , but one of my best friends has an older Audi a4 convertible in that colour and it’s ( rightly) her pride and joy so I didn’t want to rock up in a brand new £52k car in the same colour it just didn’t sit right .

Oops a mistake. I typed that after several brambles last night lol. It was Vauxhalls blue that I seen and it was stunning.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.