Popular car colours

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

I’ve only been back from my test drive and we’re already arguing about car colours. Does anyone know what the most popular colours are in the UK and why they’re chosen?

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      des
      Participant

I’ve had in order black, white, red, white and new one will be somewhere in between blue and green depending on which way you look at it and light. Never too fussed on colour tbh. If a stock car was available in a colour I wasn’t keen on I’d take it as it all about the interior for me. Remember, well for me anyway I see the outside of a car for maybe 10 minutes a day but sit inside for anything upto 6 hours a day if I’m out for a drive.

Mind I have to say that I really like the new Toyota colours with the black roof and back side bits. And I’ve always liked the Mazda red/maroon colour.

What car did you test drive and what colours are fancied.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by des.
        Participant

grey then white were the 2 most popular.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
          Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

kezo
          Participant

Grey has been the most popular colour for a number of years now, followed by black, white, blue, red, silver….

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/most-and-least-popular-new-car-colours-revealed

Black, grey and white according to a motoring review I read a couple of days ago.

I’ve chosen bright blue with a black roof for my next car for easier car park recognition, lol.

FiestaRed
              Participant

Had a test drive in the Renault Austral earlier today and the colour was red but there were also grey and white ones in the showroom. Surprising how the colour of a car seems to change its shape and size.

I thinking of white with a black roof.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Participant

was in hospital car park yesterday and funnily was looking at a long line of disabled spaces.. about half were white.

my last one was white, and current is blue…

MickC
                  Participant

Ford colours in reverse order that i have had.

Magnetic,Ruby Red,Machine Silver,Colorado Red,Stardust Silver,Pepper Red,Stardust Silver…….there are many more others all the way back to a Mk2 1500GT Cortina 1967 in Dark Blue.

Looks like i prefer either a shade of red or silver.

DumfriesDik
                    Participant

Red is the fastest colour, so choose that.

I prefer darker colours, but the ID3 came in silver, not my choice, however, I quite like it. How fickle we are.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Participant

I love silver goes lovely with silver wheels such a shame the Honda ZRV isn’t available in silver

FiestaRed
                        Participant

I love silver goes lovely with silver wheels such a shame the Honda ZRV isn’t available in silver

Same here Mike, last three cars have been silver but the nearest to silver with the Austral is Shadow Grey which is quite a bit darker.

kj35
                          Participant

I seem to mostly choose silver. My husband always chooses black ( which I tend to have to take to the car wash for him as it gets so mucky). Silver hides a lot of sins. My next car is id5 moonstone grey which looks like a flat silver to my eyes. Stock order had grenadilla black, moonstone grey or red to pick from. IF I’d have gone down a factory order I’d have probably picked blue azul as it looks like it’s the sort of colour to still hide dirt ( there’s a theme here). Like @des I’m more about interior and for whatever reason the id5 felt much more light and spacious compared to the id4 madness really when you compare dimensions but it made me smile so that’s the car for me.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kj35.
                            • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kj35.
                            Markymate
                            Participant

I expect these are all popular colours as it seems to the only colours car manufacturers offer nowadays.

What ever happened to all the bright colour cars of my youth LOL

solent60
                              Participant

Yeah, what happened to all the bright colours – like my current car.

At least I never lose it in a crowded car park 🙂

Wow …. what an eye-catcher!

Markymate
                                  Participant

Yeah, what happened to all the bright colours – like my current car. At least I never lose it in a crowded car park 🙂

Yes, I remember when you first posted when you got it.  Lovely bright colour.

mitch
                                    Participant

very few manufacturers offer anything other than shades of grey or white and a black. occasionally theres a red.

mazdas sparkly red is nice, skoda do a great orange as a costly extra on some models.

but yellows and oranges are few and far between on larger cars seem to be reserved for the hot hatches.

jeep avenger summit has a nice yellow.

the bmws audis and mercs are totally shades of grey etc the odd blue which i hate.

hopefully in  2 years  time theres something with a bit of zing.

Participant

funny but i saw a secondhand kia stonic that was white with red roof and bits… it looked superb.

John Newton
                                        Participant

Before entering the world of total blindness I have to say not much beat the Mazda red, my incoming Toyota BZ4X is dark silver which is rather nice apparently.

From April 2024 Toyota BZ4X

My next car colour choice.

Markymate
                                            Participant

When the Sportage turns up it’ll be my first ever green car in 47 years of driving!!  Sadly, KIA dropped Orange Fusion last year, otherwise would have definitely gone for that…

kj35
                                              Participant

That green is beautiful @markymate

solent60
                                                Participant

Yes, I remember when you first posted when you got it.  Lovely bright colour.

The new facelift 208 is an ever nicer yellowy-green metallic shade – and strangely, it’s the only standard, no-cost paint option….

kezo
                                                  Participant

I’s like something unusual but, can’t make my mind up on a solid or two tone colour!

kj35
                                                    Participant

I’s like something unusual but, can’t make my mind up on a solid or two tone colour!

edd china fan eh ?

Ele
                                                      Participant

Thing I find is that a colour needs to suit the particular car

Seen some great colours on the wrong cars

But get that combination right and imo the Megan E Tec in ceramic grey with black roof is a good example of that

Black on its own on the right car can look stunning

Some cars never get the colours they deserve

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.