poor service from macklin/hyundai

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

well i put car[hyundai kona ev] in for its service and 2 faults. it cost me nearly £40 to pay for the pick up and delivery. they had it 2 days.

they fixed a horn fault[that i was unaware of] . the tyre pressure alarm kept saying different things but it was slightly low. now they have blown them up to 43psi which is now too high. the seat belts were giving alarm bings too, which they said didnt do it when they had it, yet when i got it back, the first and every time i go into it it bings.[ i now think its the passenger seat as clicking that belt in stops it[nothing on seat].

i left a poor review and was going to contact them but someone phoned today to say i can put it in again but i will have to pay again, which is not really fair as they failed to fix it.

so i think im finished with hyundai and macklin.. less than happy about a car with only 3500 miles on clock

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
      Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

You would be better off speaking with Motability, telling them the issues and you can’t keep paying £40 for nothing to be done and request a hire car you can pick up from the dealers, whils’t your car is properly looked at or at least for them to arrange a free taxi service after dropping the car off.

Bo
        Participant

My Hyundai dealer in Leicester (Sturgess) are brilliant

Whenever there’s a service or any thing need to be done, they pick up and drop the car off for free

It’s always cleaned and the staff have always been great

I think maybe you’ve just been unlucky

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Bo.
          Participant

yes they asked me how it went, and i got another reply from macklin asking if im happy …again.  i told both but they are neither interested.

all told, its very unsatisfactory

Participant

My Hyundai dealer in Leicester (Sturgess) are brilliant Whenever there’s a service or any thing need to be done, they pick up and drop the car off for free It’s always cleaned and the staff have always been great I think maybe you’ve just been unlucky

you mean at Anstey that’s just 2 mile from me

Bo
              Participant

My Hyundai dealer in Leicester (Sturgess) are brilliant Whenever there’s a service or any thing need to be done, they pick up and drop the car off for free It’s always cleaned and the staff have always been great I think maybe you’ve just been unlucky

you mean at Anstey that’s just 2 mile from me

No, I live in Oadby so I go to the one near the king power

Carmad
                Participant

I used Macklin Hyundai in Dunfermline to source and supply an Ioniq 6 recently and couldn’t be happier.  Terrific experience from start to finish.

jOhn
                  Participant

Assuming this is a Motability car you should speak to Motability.  They should not be charging you anything, they should be charging Motability.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by jOhn.
                    blackj
                    Participant

Macklin motors charge motabilty customers £30 for fuel before you pick up your car. They also only accept bank transfer for your advance payment several days before pick up.

kj35
                      Participant

I’ve just had a similar experience getting my Mitsubishi outlander serviced and MOT’d. It went in fine came out with a fuel service warning light and a glitchy media system. I took it back in and they said it was my fault ( love) you didn’t screw the petrol cap on properly ( love). I pointed out I’d had the car three years and I last filled up 3 weeks ago ( it drives mainly on electric). Apparently they have no need to touch my petrol cap ( love) roll eyes ‘motability’ roll eyes.
                        So it was definitely silly old girly me and not their f£££ing firmware /software updates. No word on why my silliness caused the media glitch.

love.

This garage now does Suzuki ora and jeep following the Mitsubishi departure. Needless to say those cars are firmly off my radar. Love.

Participant

i paid mine by debit card 2 years ago. must have changed..

Participant

they say the cost is 60 quid but you get it for about 40 if your motability. motability picking up the 20 quid. i would tell motability to shove it but its needed to take my son and me to hospital etc..

currently im not sure there is anything affordable on scheme that i will fit in bar a kona so may have to think out of box for next year.

Participant

so they were trying the ‘your a poor, thick woman crap’. as you say, how you managed for 3 years is anyone’s guess. almost the last bastion of males… bmw near here has woman sales boss..

kj35
                              Participant

so they were trying the ‘your a poor, thick woman crap’. as you say, how you managed for 3 years is anyone’s guess. almost the last bastion of males… bmw near here has woman sales boss..

absolutely . It’s a 3 garage family owned dealer that used to have a Mitsubishi contract so it’s where I have to take it for service. When I picked the car up from new there before I entered my pin I checked the car over. I asked where the bonnet pop was so I could check the engine. He said “why you’re motability you’ll never need to look in there love”

Silly me not realising motability cars never need washer fluid. Love.

kezo
                                Participant

I’ve just had a similar experience getting my Mitsubishi outlander serviced and MOT’d. It went in fine came out with a fuel service warning light and a glitchy media system. I took it back in and they said it was my fault ( love) you didn’t screw the petrol cap on properly ( love). I pointed out I’d had the car three years and I last filled up 3 weeks ago ( it drives mainly on electric). Apparently they have no need to touch my petrol cap ( love) roll eyes ‘motability’ roll eyes. So it was definitely silly old girly me and not their f£££ing firmware /software updates. No word on why my silliness caused the media glitch. love. This garage now does Suzuki ora and jeep following the Mitsubishi departure. Needless to say those cars are firmly off my radar. Love.

@Oscarmax
                                  will tell you all about servicing wow’s

Phaedra
                                  Participant

@struth

Have a look at the Smart #1 Pro Plus, £0 AP and a decent size, 1.636cm height

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

@struth Have a look at the Smart #1 Pro Plus, £0 AP and a decent size, 1.636cm height

decent car that, but seat is too low i think.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.