please stop complaining about posts and comments

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135364 Reply
    martinod

why are people starting to complain about posts and comments that are not motability related, and/or  complain because they dont like the comment or the post  . it is not very nice

if you dont like a post or comment just ignore it because you cant like everything …

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135373 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

why are people starting to complain about posts and comments that are not motability related, and/or complain because they dont like the comment or the post . it is not very nice if you dont like a post or comment just ignore it because you cant like everything …

It really is that simple, great advice there. 👍

#135379 Reply
    joss

I will just leave this here:

Mission Statement WMC Forum was born as the sidekick to http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk, a place where people of the same interests, whether that be a disabled person, carer, or car dealer, can come together and share their experiences, thoughts, and ideas on all aspects of the Motability Scheme. Asking for help and advice, safe in the knowledge that exchanges, views and opinions would remain respectful at all times.

Message from the Moderators The forum was a recognition that disabled car users and carers needed a safe place to discuss all the issues that arise in connection with the Motability scheme. We hoped to develop it into a friendly community of posters who had common problems, and a common interest. Sharing experiences and concerns, and asking for and providing help and advice from our membership group experiences and research, safe in the knowledge that exchanges of views and opinions would remain respectful at all times.Respect for our fellow posters is paramount to the continuing success of this forum.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135385 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well said, everybody. As I’ve said elsewhere on here, there seems to have been an increase in these malicious postings recently. Best thing to do, I reckon, is ignore them. Whether they attack from inside a topic or whether they start their own, just post nothing in response.

#135409 Reply
    Donkey Oatie

The only problem of the idea of ignoring posts you dont want to read is that it will eventually lead to dilution of the forum to a state where it is pointless. Today we have a post about Chicken, and one about PIP.  Perhaps we should just stick to what the forum is about. or move things to offtopic#

#135413 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

There was a discussion in the past that only registered users should be able to post.  Maybe it’s time to revisit that.

#135414 Reply
    joss

@Donkey Oatie

I agree both should be moved to off section. I have already asked that the pip one gets moved to off topic

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135415 Reply
    joss

You may have a point Wigwam.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135417 Reply
    Landyman

Well said all.

#135418 Reply
    JS

the chicken thread has been closed as have other threads. the Pip thread has been moved to off topic.

Pip decision i really Need help

sorry to anyone one that found or took offence to anything posted.

#135444 Reply
    martinod

PIP thread disagree about the pip thread being moved to of topic,

my  reason is the person posting a thread about PIP  as with other PIP threads is desperately looking for help and advice and to tell them what they can do from friends on the forum who have went through the same.  If its posted on the off topic not as many people respond as much as they do on the main forum page .

Some people are not interested in the PIP threads because its not a motability car thread but yet without PIP there is no motability car and therefore no need for motability car forum .

some people have their PIP and have went through the ordeal to get it , but they now have it and its not important to them,  imagine if it was you asking for help,

so i think pip threads should stay

remember   its nice to be nice .

thats all i have to say on this….  at the moment

#135448 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@ martinod I agree, hope the person found what they came here seeking…

#135449 Reply
    JS

the idea being the individual will be able to get more personal individual help/replies rather than general from the main forum.

ps the Chicken thread is now reinstated in Off Topic

#135508 Reply
    joss

Yes the PIP thread should be in the ff topic section for the reasons JS gave.

@Martinod
    you put forward good points for it to stay in the main forum. However. It probably ended up being post in the main form because the OP was new and probably did not know about of post.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135656 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

why are people starting to complain about posts and comments that are not motability related, and/or complain because they dont like the comment or the post . it is not very nice if you dont like a post or comment just ignore it because you cant like everything …

Folks,

We are all entitled to an opinion, and many good people have made the ultimate sacrifice too ensure our freedom to do so, and we should honour their sacrifices by continuing to express our opinions, but without insult and without putting the Forum at risk!

Having different opinions on various matters is what makes life and especially life on this forum so interesting and informative, and therefore it follows that our different opinions on things is a good thing- wouldn’t life be boring if we all thought the same, acted the same etc, Stepford Wives comes to mind?

Further, the only way we can learn other people’s points of view is to discuss / debate them without insult and without fear of being shut down .

Clearly a minority viewpoint – just my opinion ,

If there was a year that I could leap
    it would be 20 20
    When what we sowed we did reap
    With gloom and doom a plenty

All those poor souls with so much personal Covid pain
    Mean nothing to some who have used them for political gain
    Witnessed in the ‘House‘ throughout the year and on TV today
    These armchair warriors and political expedients ought to be ashamed, I say

Using the excuse that the Opposition’s job is to oppose
    They must think that scoring points off others difficulties is ok, I suppose
    Ok, the summer has been one of u – turns ,learning lessons and following duff advice
    I’m no fan of Boris, but a pandemic on top of Brexit would leave any PM skating on thin ice

So praise where praise is due I think
    and lets raise a glass to the PM , lets have us a drink
    cause remember for the first time in history , a PM was doing the majority’s bidding
    which was to lead the way out of the EU , no if’s, ands or buts, and no kidding

Unfortunately those Brexit negotiations went on & on & on yeah , and on
    As M.Barnier et al just would not say ‘Bon ’!
    Not without taking most of our fish, and if you think that’s taking the p155
    they wanted to also control our laws – yeah they bl00dy wish

So all in all 2020 was not such a good year
    And it’s not going to get much better in 21 I fear
    So yes, if there was a year that I could leap
    It would be 2020 , where what we sowed we definitely did reap

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#135661 Reply
    Brydo

Mike700 another cracker please keep them coming.

I can envisage a thread of you own where members ask you for a ditty on their requested topic, but I won’t start it Mike, or will I lol.

#135985 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It is Important to have a wide selection of posts of differing aspects of life and topics too. Maybe one on XVIII century Italian renesaaiance paintings or tropical plants would make a nice alternative and whilst it will not be everyone’s cup of tea one would hope with a fair wind neither would receive unwelcome comments.

#135996 Reply
    Brydo

Fwippers the only way to find out is to open a thread and see what the response is.

#135997 Reply
    Brydo

Martinod what you find with most of the people posting negative comments they never actually start a thread, or if they do its a negative thread. They seem, instead, content to pop into other peoples threads and spread their negatively.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #135449 in please stop complaining about posts and comments
Your information: