PIP Telephone Assessment

• This topic has 35 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by John Morris.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #132970 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I finally have my telephone assessment tomorrow afternoon after waiting a few months and was curious about what kind of questions I can expect and what experience you have faced.

I know Martinod posted about PIP telephone assessments, including examples of questions asked and what can be used as evidence, recently but haven’t been unable to find these threads anywhere so any help what be great!

Thank you for your time, everyone.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133228 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’m sorry. Joss sent them to me yesterday evening and it slipped my mind.

Click on the Links to open the PIP files:

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_guide_nov_20_v44.pdf

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_clients_manrecon_nov_20.pdf

They are quite large so may take a little while to open. I will remove everyones email address from the open forum as a precaution.

#133231 Reply
    sif

PIP assessments always remind me of the need to be aware and cautious at all times.

I once hit a car in my sports car who turned onto the main road in front of me, I got the payout all right, but much diminished. The assessor turned up all friendly, inspected my car, enthused about it. He had one he said, loved to drive it with the wind in his hair, couldn’t it corner at speed and didn’t it handle well. We got quite friendly. Two enthusiast talking about the thrill of  fast car.

When I got the much reduced payout he justified the less than expected payment by quoting how I liked to drive at speed, push it around corners and enjoy it as a sports car….It would he argued, have been roughly used as a consequence, so they weren’t paying me what it was insured for.

Beware assessors bearing seemingly innocent gifts of friendship and understanding. They are paid to reduce benefits not pay them out.

#133234 Reply
    Martinod

Sif they make out their your new best best friend, they’ll do the best they can for you .

Its like entrapment

#133244 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

“They are quite large so may take a little while to open. I will remove everyones email address from the open forum as a precaution.”

Don’t worry, both pdf’s only amount to 2.2meg so nobody should have any issues downloading them even if it’s on a mobile.

#133252 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Sif they make out their your new best best friend, they’ll do the best they can for you . Its like entrapment

That is exactly what happened yesterday afternoon but I remember what was said and kept my guard up for most of the assessment (I did let it down once before remembering).

The question weren’t particularly taxing but were quite personal. However, I kept my emotions aside and was told by the answers I gave, that my application should be accepted. I’m not so sure as I have applied for Blue Badge and gave lots of supporting evidence (a lot more than PIP) only to be told that my application has been rejected.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#133354 Reply
    Craig

Got my letter Xmas to tell me my PIP was ending in March. Got the dreaded phone call to apply to do on Monday.  Nervous is not the word as I had to go through tribunal last to get it..

#133355 Reply
    joss

I’m sorry. Joss sent them to me yesterday evening and it slipped my mind. Click on the Links to open the PIP files: https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_guide_nov_20_v44.pdf https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_clients_manrecon_nov_20.pdf They are quite large so may take a little while to open. I will remove everyones email address from the open forum as a precaution.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#133570 Reply
    John Morris

My partners assessment was the 4/11 and she got the decision on the 23/12. Interview was 1hr 20min and degrading as hell as I listened in for the first time (only her second assessment). She was in tears twice during phone assessment and for 15mins after it. She was more upset that I had heard all her problems /illnesses but it’s so degrading is unbelievable. Some of the questions are just damn right rude!!

#133597 Reply
    joss

It is a horrible experience John, I feel for you both. Hopefully something good will come of it.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#133604 Reply
    John Morris

She got her award until oct 22 so worth the trouble… Just! . People think we like to live like this. 3 years ago I had my own business but unfortunately it was 75 miles away from where we lived so I had to quit when my partners illnesses worsened after living and dealing with them for 10 years previously without any help at all. The whole system just makes us feel small and embarrassed. Oh well just keep buying those lottery tickets John…

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Reply #133355 in PIP Telephone Assessment
Your information: