PIP Review

• Creator
    Topic
    Tosher
    Participant

Hi

My PIP was due for review last October, form has been submitted and advised there’s a backlog. Question is my Mob car’s 5 year extended contract ends in July. What happens if my pip still hasn’t been reviewed?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Speak with Motability and say you’re waiting on PIP renewal, see what they say.

I’ve been waiting since last May for mine, from speaking to other people it seems completely random as to when they decide to deal with your claim. It’s ranged from a matter of weeks to well over a year.

Car History:
        Ford Fiesta
        Vauxhall Astra Mk6
        Mazda 3
        BMW 2 Series Coupe
        Mercedes A Class
        Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Current Car)

kj35
        Participant

Hi My PIP was due for review last October, form has been submitted and advised there’s a backlog. Question is my Mob car’s 5 year extended contract ends in July. What happens if my pip still hasn’t been reviewed?

if you’re already on the scheme they’re letting you order. Technically I only have one month left on mine but the DWP backlogs mean my pip is likely to be extended. Motability have confirmed even without the extension I can re order.

Tosher
          Participant

Cheers for the advice chaps

carlgrint
            Participant

I am in the same boat as you, my PIP review came last May and was received back at DWP on 31st May 2023.

I have called and been told it hasn’t been assigned over the months, the latest being last week.

My award runs out on 4th April, DWP have said they will extend my award for a year around March to continue and give them more time, they have no idea when mine will be assigned let alone looked at after 9 months.

My blue badge runs out on 4th April so looking at losing that for a little while as it takes some weeks to renew.

I was in the last few months of my 5 year lease so really worried.

I contacted Motability last week after latest call to DWP to be told as a current customer I don’t need even 12 months to order a new car, so I rushed down to my Renault dealer to check and to both mine and the mobility advisor surprise the application went through, I had my confirmation email in 10 minutes and collection PIN in my Motability online account, so very happy on the car side.

I have been in receipt of DLA and then PIP since I was 18, now 50, I have been on the Motability scheme for 30 years, this is the first time I have had any problems renewing my allowance with DWP and this with them starting a year ahead.

I have read horror stories of 18 months and 2 years waits for PIP renewals.

I cannot praise Motability enough, they have made my life easier and this is just great, currently waiting on my new car due at the end if the month, an EV for the first time, and very excited 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.