PIP reassessment postponed.

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months ago by Landyman.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #130862 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

My PIP reassessment, due this month, has been postponed until March 1st 2021.

This is not the good news it might seem, as that date is when the lease on my current vehicle runs out. My conditioned has worsened, so I should get PIP maximum mobility again. But I guess I’ll be keeping this car longer than three years while it all gets sorted out, plus allowing for ordering and delivery times of a new one.

Any thoughts from other members who’ve had this issue of lease ending around the time their PIP/DLA ends?

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130867 Reply
    Graham

Hi

my wife was reassessed and her PIP stopped in April of this year. We immediately requested a mandatory re consideration (which she won).

Motability were brilliant and allowed her to keep the car whilst we appealed. They didn’t charge her while she wasn’t receiving PIP, but she did have to pay the accrued missing payments when she won her case and was back paid the missing P.I.P.

Hope that makes sense and helps settle your mind.

#130875 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Thanks for that info, Graham – it does help.

I’ll give Motability a call at the time if there looks to be a problem.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#130897 Reply
    Landyman

My pip phone reassessment has been changed a few times now, was due in October this year then changed too April next year now it’s this Friday.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #130897 in PIP reassessment postponed.
Your information: