PIP, ESA AND UC FACE-TO-FACE ASSESSMENTS TO RESUME

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144836 Reply
    joss

The DWP is reintroducing face-to-face assessments for some PIP, ESA and UC claimants from May 2021.

The DWP say this will initially only be for claimants who cannot be fully assessed by other means.

According to a DWP press release, assessment centres are ‘fully compliant with COVID-19 safety measures’.

The DWP have issued detailed guidance for claimants asked to attend a face-to-face assessment, including claimants who are ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’.

It includes information about who you can bring with you, the use of face coverings and how to socially distance within the assessment centre.

However, this does not take account of the fact that claimants will have to travel to an assessment centre in the first place.

And why the DWP thinks it is reasonable to force any claimants who are ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ to have a face-to-face assessment whilst we are still in the midst of a pandemic is not clear.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145071 Reply
    Georgie

If/When we do have to have a f-2-f meeting think the best plan will be to insist on a Home Assessment.  That way we get to control the situation, minimising exposure to one person – the Assessor – rather than be exposed to an enclosed public room where countless others are sitting or have sat, and ensure our own Covid-safe rules regarding safe distancing between people and cleaning surfaces afterwards.

The DWP might be reluctant to do this for everyone, but being in the ‘highly vulnerable’ group (even with vaccinations) should now be accepted as a reason to qualify for a Home Assessment.

#145092 Reply
    joss

That is the best way to do it Georgie. I had a home assessment last time. Got 10 year award with lite touch there after. So much easier in your home. No cameras watching your every move, plus you are in control in your own environment.

Once you have had a home assessment, It makes it harder for DWP to refuse your next assessment at home.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by joss. Reason: added text

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#145096 Reply
    ajn

Defo home visit, why anyone is expected to go the other route is beyond me..

Is it set up to frighten people off trying to get help I wonder..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: PIP, ESA AND UC FACE-TO-FACE ASSESSMENTS TO RESUME
Your information: