Pip decision i really Need help

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135367 Reply
    Gorge

Hi guys I received my decision yesterday with 0 points on everything ,I’ve got depression and anxiety and she was judging my decision on my telephone call that I was calm during the assessment,so she was not interested in my health problems .I get anger attacks today I can’t sleep I don’t know what to do and I need help

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by JS. Reason: moved to off topic
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135368 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Gorge Hello I do believe there is an appeal process, the success rate is quite high in decisions being over turned once the case have been looked into properly.

Its easy to say don’t worry,stay calm, get your sleep when you simply can’t do that.

Im not the best person here to answer your concerns, however many on here will point you in a more positive direction.

Maybe not much help other than a Hello 👍.

#135376 Reply
    trevor

Hi Gorge, sorry to hear, but not surprised. You do need to be well prepared for these interviews, have been through the process of transfering over to PIP last year and had to appeal the initial decision. It was worth joining up to these people to get expert advice on how to present your claim. Membership is not much. The info gave me the determination to contest my claim and I received the highest awards on both parts by presenting my case properly.

All the best.

Benefits and Work campaign@benefitsandwork.co.uk

#135378 Reply
    Graham

Hi Gorge,

you need to ring them and ask for a mandatory reconsideration, ask them to send it to you via the post so you have proof you’ve asked for it.

When you send the form back to them, make sure you have it signed for as proof that they’ve received it.

With the form make sure you send anything that helps your appeal. Proof of illness, reports in the press on how they discriminate against mental health claimants, anything that you feel may help your case.

Don’t think that they will do anything to help you, you need to provide it all to them.

Both the assessing company (Capita etc) and the DWP will blame each other, so it’s hard to get at the truth.

Your mandatory reconsideration could take anything from a couple of months to a year! So make sure you send as much evidence with your returning of the form.

If you lose the appeal you can then as to go to tribunal, but that will take many months also.

The bottom line is send anything that proves your illness and how it affects your daily life.

#135381 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hi Gorge So sorry to hear that the PIP thugs have got to you. Trevor’s advice about Benefits at Work is good. Joined myself and their guidance for appeals etc. is very good. One thing I would recommend is writing to your MP to acquaint him/her of your problem. It is particularly useful if you have some piece of bureaucracy you need sorting out. I had this with a DWP ruling which simply disregarded an appeal ruling in my favour and the fact that they would not tell me who was in charge of my case. After a simple, polite letter to MP, the bullies shut up and gave me the proper benefit. The DWP also sent me some £300 as an ex-gratia payment for the buggeration caused. I’m certain it was the MP’s involvement which produced this result. The DWP thugs don’t like MPs telling them what to do.

#135382 Reply
    joss

Hello Gorge

So sorry you have had a bad experience of the PIP telephone assessment.

Your next step is to ask for a Manuel Reconsideration. So to help you with the process please use the top link and read it through. It will walk you through the process.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_clients_manrecon_nov_20.pdf

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pip_guide_nov_20_v44.pdf

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135389 Reply
    joss

@Gorge

Forgot to add that you need to phone up the DWP and ask for a copy of the “Health Professionals” Report. This report is important because you need to know exactly what the HP has said in his/her report to the DM Decision Maker. The DM is the person who will read what the HP has said and then make the decision on whether you will get an award or not. Everything is based on a points system. Remember PIP is about how you illness affects you.

The second link is a guide to claiming PIP so read that too.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135391 Reply
    Carl

The citezens advice also has professional advocates for pip tribunals, it would be prudent to seek their free advice.   I know many that were going to tribunal, got the CAB advice and support and the tribunal was dropped and they caved in with a full award.   Good luck.

#135396 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi guys I received my decision yesterday with 0 points on everything ,I’ve got depression and anxiety and she was judging my decision on my telephone call that I was calm during the assessment,so she was not interested in my health problems .I get anger attacks today I can’t sleep I don’t know what to do and I need help

I cannot for the life of understand how you can carryout a medical assessment of someone with anxiety and depression over the phone.

I was once the victim of a doggy ESA assessor, my local MP soon sorted them out. Challenge the assessment.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#135411 Reply
    joss

@JS or@wmcfroums

Can this post be moved to the off topic section please.

cheers.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135478 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’m not one for talking on phones (I like to write 😁) and would probably fall at the first fence as I’m simply not very good at explaining how I feel though everyone tells me they only got to look at me to see I’m disabled but how does that work over a phone line? That said I even failed at the face to face even though they only had to look at me. LOL.

This telephoning malarkey must be heaven sent for the DWP and HMG because the cowards can hide behind a landline and yes you can tell I’ve not much respect for government officials any more after having to go to tribunal.

At lease with my situation they only got to look at me, can’t help laughing at that statement, but I’d imagine with depression and anxiety its a hard call to explain your feeling but funny thing is, even though I don’t think I suffer such problems its become apparent to me after going to court and breaking down and crying after they asked me if I ever travel abroad and I said since becoming disabled I can’t face the risk of being abandoned at an airport even though they say they will look after me I only see the news reports of wheelchair users being left on planes for hours while they find someone to wheel you off, this after having at least two trip a year aboard by air before being disabled, I just can’t face it now.

The subject of getting from here to there in everyday life was not even touched upon at my F2F so maybe by my application form they knew not to ask at the F2F.

Like other have said, I think Gorge your best bet now is the tribunal way and get some help but of course first AFTER GETTING HELP, first thing to do is ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration even though in my case I might as well of been talking to a brick wall but I made the mistake of getting help after I failed at MR.

Being law abiding citizens we are we know nothing about courts or judges other than what we see on TV and even though the process is informal its still a scary time but I always remember a line from Ronnie Barkers Porridge “don’t let the screws screw you down” and yes, I’ve had many of those sleepless nights of getting up at 3-00AM to write to my MP but a complete waste of my time in my case but I did get help from local volunteers who wrote a brilliant letter on my behalf to the DWP that helped to win the day in court.

Advice from my volunteers was to still send a letter or letters or medical evidence if you come across any to the DWP even after you’ve started the tribunal action off explaining to them how they have got there facts wrong because every word or letter you send to the DWP a copy has to be sent to the tribunal services by law so when they ignore you as they did with myself its put the DWP in bad light for not sorting things before it came to tribunal when they had a chance to fix it at the MR stage.

Anyway Gorge enough said for now and hope your successful at the MR stage as I’m told many are but remember “don’t let them screw

you down”. 😊

#135511 Reply
    joss

@chrisK

Great post mate.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #135382 in Pip decision i really Need help
Your information: