Pip anyone been turned down ?

This topic contains 94 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Rico 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87692 Reply
    Mike

Had letter in post today my DLA finishes October I’ve had motability car for 20 years phoned them up and put a claim in today for PIP said I would get form in 2 weeks gave them my local doctor hospital doctor etc

Viewing 19 replies - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #91131 Reply
    Philjb

Mike keep checking your bank account, pip and any money back dated is normally paid in the early hours of the day you receive your award letter.
    If you receive an unexpected lump some then you’ve been awarded, you can tell from the amounts if it’s the result you were expecting.

Good luck.

#91135 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Mike keep checking your bank account, pip and any money back dated is normally paid in the early hours of the day you receive your award letter. If you receive an unexpected lump some then you’ve been awarded, you can tell from the amounts if it’s the result you were expecting. Good luck.

I love optimists. However it is usually between 6 to 8 weeks. before the decision is made and you get notification. You can of course give them a ring to see how your claim is progressing.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#91137 Reply
    Philjb

yes joss so do I it’s better then being continuously pessimistic.

I’m saying you your back pay and award enters your account before you get the award letter, not the report.

So if you have online banking keep an eye out.

#91139 Reply
    Mike

Joss Phil thankyou for the replies I’ve not got online banking will go Monday morning to my bank in town 5 miles away for statement I’m sure it’s 4 weeks next Tuesday since sent form back in free post big envelope

#91143 Reply
    Philjb

Sorry mike I thought you’d had your face to face already and were waiting for your ward.

My morning brain fog hasn’t lifted.

Anyhow after you’ve had the f to f etc it depends on area and also how well your claim was presented as to speed of decision.

The first thing I knew about getting my award was a large payment from the dwp, my pip back payment etc, then in the post the brown envelope arrived explaining what had been paid and my award.

#91170 Reply
    Mike

I’ve phoned them they got my form and I will be hearing from them in 2 weeks

#91205 Reply
    joss
    Participant

I’ve phoned them they got my form and I will be hearing from them in 2 weeks

Anguishing times Mike. Just try to relax and it will come around soon enough. I would cross my finger for you if I could.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#91229 Reply
    Zelda
    Participant

Ah ok, @mike, you’ve beaten me to it!

At this stage i’d have just recommended a double check with DWP to make sure they had your form, as I couldn’t see a post saying you’d had a confirmation text, or letter acknowledging receipt of your forms. At least you know they have them. Having read around the disability forums, there does appear to be some delays in some areas with the process, so maybe you’re just in one of those areas.

Hopefully it won’t be too long before you hear something.

#91257 Reply
    Philjb

I was also going to add to be prepared as you sometimes don’t get much notice about your face to face, my last one when my letter arrived I had two days notice, it was a bit of a shock, but I just wanted it out of the way.

you can cancel and re-book once but after that they will make you start your claim all over again.

The other thing I’d recommend is making sure if you are planning to go by cab then make sure you ring and ok it first to make sure you get your costs back.
    If your driving you can claim back mileage costs, not parking charges, they will give you a claim form as you check in.

#91285 Reply
    Mike

Thankyou joss Phil and young Zelda for the replies very kind of you I’m trying to put it out of my mind until the time comes

#91286 Reply
    Macca

That really is the best approach Mike, easy said I know but theres no point in stressing over things you cannot influence. Best to dial out until such a time as the F2F appointment comes through, then dial back in and give that session your best shot. Once thats done then dial out again until there’s an outcome.

I tend to deal in the black and white, frustrating for my wife as she sees all the shades of grey, but I just find that is the best way for me to deal with things. It helps me to manage stress.

I hope that helps you Mike.

#91306 Reply
    Philjb

AS I’ve said before many people don’t have to appeal but you rarely hear about them.

If your a few points away from what you expected or the outcome tries to imply you’re some how cured of a chronic condition which can’t be cured, then that’s when you use your right to appeal and there is masses of help for that too.

#91328 Reply
    Macca

Well, at the beginning of my PIP application process i’d basically had to talk myself into applying,  once i’d had the light bulb moment and i’d accepted how things have changed for me over time. This was after having essentially adopted the carer’s role for my wife over many years, and having never applied for either PIP or DLA for myself before now.

My goal was to hopefully secure a PIP – Low Rate Mobility award, which would at least enable me to get a blue badge of my own as that would be a huge help to me.

Importantly, I spent a lot of time prior to commencing the application preparing a detailed, and well evidenced narrative to accompany my application.

I had my F2F assessment at the end of September. It lasted two hours and whilst there were some points where I felt I had to be quite assertive with the assessor, whilst not enjoyable, i purposely remained polite and on the whole it was relatively ok. I think we ended up appreciating each others positions by the end of it.

On friday morning, some 2 weeks after the F2F, I checked my bank account and saw that DWP had transferred a payment to me. Given the amount of the payment it suggested a certain outcome, but I wanted to see it confirmed in writing before I fully settled.

It’s now become clear why the assessor was encouraging me to obtain a copy of her report as soon as possible. The copy of that report has not yet arrived but the written decision has.

I’m pinching myself as I write this, but in contrast to the title of this thread, it turns out i’ve been awarded :

i) PIP – Low Rate Mobility

and

ii) PIP – Low Rate Daily Living

for a period of 3 years.

Totally unexpected really, but I’m certainly not complaining folks.

So from here i’ll be able to apply for a Blue Badge of my own, which will be a great help. I should also be able to apply for a Disabled Travel Pass in my area too.

Gotta say guys its fantastic to get a bit of good news for a change. I’ve personally found it very frustrating particularly over the last 2 years as lower limb problems have increased, and my mobility has deteriorated. Its also been very difficult to have to watch my wife’s health deteriorate a lot over the years too, knowing that she relies upon me heavily for care and support.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>So as has been said, we don’t often hear about the applications that have been processed fairly and accurately, but it clearly does happen.</p>
    I wish those still going through it the very best of luck 🤞 and can’t stress enough the importance of documenting a well evidenced case to support your claim. Taking the perspective that the reader knows nothing at all about you to begin with, and setting out to ensure that the reader is left with a very clear and unambiguous picture of your situation once they’ve read it.

#91356 Reply
    joss
    Participant

It is always good to hear from folk who have been successful in their PIP application. Places like Benefit&Work are good to read and users post back their success reports.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#91383 Reply
    Zelda
    Participant

Oh that’s brilliant news @macca I’m very pleased for you. You obviously did a very good job ( both written and verbally ) of explaining your difficulties.

What i’ll be doing and it may be helpful for you ( and anyone else reading )  to do as well, is to just sit and go through your copy of your form every 6 months or so and just make a note of anything that has worsened, then when your next forms arrive, you will be pretty much up to date with your notes ready to complete your new forms.

Anyhoo, congrats on the award!

@mike yes best way, just go through each step as it comes. No point worrying about it all. Hopefully you won’t have any trouble with a bad assessor and will get the correct award straight away. As macca’s just proved, there are some decent assessors, probably the majority of them, just that we don’t get to hear the success stories very often.

#91416 Reply
    Mike

Thank you Zelda again for your comment in fact I very much look forward to your comments have a lovely day

#91422 Reply
    Macca

Keep your chin up Mike. I’ve purposely shared my experience with the process to show how positive outcomes do happen.

#91423 Reply
    Mike

Thankyou Macca

#91921 Reply
    Rico

I have had 3x of the court tribunals in my life but they were for esa and i did not attend as they phoned up on the morning of them saying they looked through my paperwork and found in my favour without having to see me :)…

and last pip they dropped my care, but sent mandatory appeal with support of mp and made complaint about assessor too, it was reinstated and awarded indefinitely by the mandatory appeals team at the DWP…. which yes I had to sit down and take 4 hours to take it in that a mandatory reconsideration had made the overturning decision

Viewing 19 replies - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
Reply To: Pip anyone been turned down ?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: