Picking/Choosing

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

My brain has turned to marshmallow with the stress of picking/choosing my next car,you say to yourself that cars nice i’ll look deeper into what spec it has,are they in stock or delivery time,whats the AP,reviews from owners.

I did have an Enyak Sportline 85x on order but binned it off because of length of delivery and owners saying the cars have simple faults (like charging flap) sticking shut. £1.6k AP

I moved onto Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD version,me being picky would i miss the rear wiper,the interior in the central area being minimalist,the roof lining being ultra bright white.Stock very low and in colours i dont like,i sat in one today it was a white one it was ok i suppose i could get used to the interior,audio sounded good…..£2.8kAP

Ive looked at the Ioniq 6,i like interior it has a normal style centre console,but they only do the Premium spec 228ps on the scheme,sat in one today it felt like you were lower down,the exterior design grabs your eyes where do you look first…..£2.4k AP

Ive been looking at the Mustang Mach E,you can only get the Select (basic trim spec) on the Scheme,and unless you opt for the tech pack (costs more) you miss out on electric seats and the Bose audio,that car has a 3.5k AP.

I have looked at the latest facelift Kuga ( i have the current Kuga 21 reg) i like the upgrades it has had namely the AGR spec front seats,there is no full EV Kuga just the Phev and the AP on those is 6k+ out of reach for me.

I might be waiting for Q3 but thats another waiting game…….Doh.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Bo
      Participant

I was in a very similar situation. We got our choices down to Ioniq 5 Ultimate and the Mustang.

Test drove the Mustang we realised it was the only car for us. It’s a great car to drive. Nice to look at and the tech packs ia an extra £500. Yes, it’s pricey but you only live once

Rhodgie
        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ioniq 6 comes in 2 trims, Premium and Ultimate.</p>

kezo
          Participant

Mick the Ioniq 6 ultimate  is on the scheme £3649

Any reason you want AWD?

Peugeot e308

Renault Megane/Scenic

Kia EV6

MFillingham
            Participant

Take a breath, stand back from the search for a while and then start again.

List your essential needs, then any needs you could compromise on and finally any features you would like but don’t need.

Then go through all the options, all the cars listed.  Compare spec to your list.  Which ones are best fitting?  Look at several YouTube reviews of them, try the same reviewer if you can but definitely several reviews per car.  If you want to look at user feedback, remember you’ll see all the gripes and only a few positive posts, it’s human nature and, therefore you’ll see a worst case view.

Then test drive them, ask about delivery times and make your decision.  Then forget about it!!!! The worst thing to do is continue your research, there’s too many choices between good cars, the differences aren’t that big and you could really be happy with any of about a dozen EVs on the scheme.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

MickC
              Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ioniq 6 comes in 2 trims, Premium and Ultimate.</p>

What i meant to say was it only comes with the 228ps motor,wish the 6  AWD was on the scheme same as the 5.

MickC
                Participant

Mick the Ioniq 6 ultimate is on the scheme £3649 Any reason you want AWD? Peugeot e308 Renault Megane/Scenic Kia EV6

My current car is AWD and it has been a great help in getting me up the steep hills where i live when the white stuff is on the ground.

MickC
                  Participant

I was in a very similar situation. We got our choices down to Ioniq 5 Ultimate and the Mustang. Test drove the Mustang we realised it was the only car for us. It’s a great car to drive. Nice to look at and the tech packs ia an extra £500. Yes, it’s pricey but you only live once

I need to sit in a Mustang Select version,only managed to sit in the higher spec version (which was nice)

MickC
                    Participant

Take a breath, stand back from the search for a while and then start again. List your essential needs, then any needs you could compromise on and finally any features you would like but don’t need. Then go through all the options, all the cars listed. Compare spec to your list. Which ones are best fitting? Look at several YouTube reviews of them, try the same reviewer if you can but definitely several reviews per car. If you want to look at user feedback, remember you’ll see all the gripes and only a few positive posts, it’s human nature and, therefore you’ll see a worst case view. Then test drive them, ask about delivery times and make your decision. Then forget about it!!!! The worst thing to do is continue your research, there’s too many choices between good cars, the differences aren’t that big and you could really be happy with any of about a dozen EVs on the scheme.

Sound advice,ive got to compromise on some of the specs that my heart is insisting on.

Bo
                      Participant

I need to sit in a Mustang Select version,only managed to sit in the higher spec version (which was nice)

The only difference inside is a different coloured stitching, the difference between the select and the premium is outside on the select you have Mat black trim and on the premium you have piano black and on the GT it’s body coloured and of course different wheels and battery sizes

Adam
                        Participant

Our current car is a Suzuki swift and when it come to cars we don’t care what it is as long as

we can get to Hospital/Doctors Appointment and have days out we can order from 9th June

and we are going to order a DACIA SANDERO STEPWAY as we both like it plus

car is in stock so no wait times. Come September we will get our car everyone else will be waiting for there car to be made

kezo
                          Participant

MickC I don’t know if you’d consider the outgoing Kuga PHEV but Ford are offering £2ooo off the AP. Have a look in @BigDave ‘s offers & casback thread, on the last page.

Kjid5
                            Participant

The Volkswagen ID group have fixed the software glitches that plagued the earlier models. The ID4 is only £49 after the new car payment leaving you cash to add in electric seats (£1600 I think from memory) also several in build so you might get one sooner than a factory order.

Zero1
                              Participant

The Volkswagen ID group have fixed the software glitches that plagued the earlier models. The ID4 is only £49 after the new car payment leaving you cash to add in electric seats (£1600 I think from memory) also several in build so you might get one sooner than a factory order.

I would second the VW ID.4 The current Match Pro version has fixed many of the earlier issues with the touch screen and software. The electric memory seats which also include front and rear seat base tilt, depth adjustment and lumber support are a £1400 option.

With the new more efficient and more powerful electric motor (286PS) they are genuinely quick and have a real world range of 270 miles according to the Electric Vehicle Database.

Standard specification ID.4 cars are available from VW UK stock in a few weeks and factory order cars are about 3 months.

MickC
                                Participant

MickC I don’t know if you’d consider the outgoing Kuga PHEV but Ford are offering £2ooo off the AP. Have a look in @BigDave ‘s offers & casback thread, on the last page.

I saw that offer even before BigD put it on the forum,i check Allen Ford every day to see if they have a new offer.

But here is the problem its the seats in my current car are the same ones as those in the offer Kuga (old stock),and its those seats that i have become the problem they are very very firm and the seat bolster is really low and firm and my thigh is riding ontop of the bolster giving me an uncomfortable ride,i think back a couple of years and im sure i posted something along the lines that seats have come out of a Tranny.

Anyway its now surprise to me that Ford with the facelift to the Kuga have installed AGR designed seats which are much much better,some of the old stock which Ford have been moving on do come with the AGR seats which were a costed option £500 in the old model,so even if i found an old model Kuga Phev at Allen Ford Offers i would still have to pay the extra £500.

The new model Kuga Phev has an AP over £6k in its first showing in Q2,if i wait until Q3 it might drop,it would have to be a big drop to get my attention tho.

MickC
                                  Participant

The only difference inside is a different coloured stitching, the difference between the select and the premium is outside on the select you have Mat black trim and on the premium you have piano black and on the GT it’s body coloured and of course different wheels and battery sizes

An American old fella’s thoughts on the Mach E,his final summing up comment got me loling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5UGKjQlzw

kezo
                                    Participant

An American old fella’s thoughts on the Mach E,his final summing up comment got me loling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5UGKjQlzw

If it was I 5.2l v8 I’d be very interested 🤣

MFillingham
                                      Participant

I didn’t know you’d got your own oil refinery! 🤪

I saw one of the later 5.0s on the M25 last week, 3 cars infront of it was a very early one.  The old one was half as high, much smaller but definitely the car we’d all have chosen.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                                        I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

kezo
                                        Participant

I didn’t know you’d got your own oil refinery! 🤪 I saw one of the later 5.0s on the M25 last week, 3 cars infront of it was a very early one. The old one was half as high, much smaller but definitely the car we’d all have chosen.

Indeed mate, I wish I had 🙂

I’ll keep dreaming petrol’s still 76 pence a gallon!

MickC
                                          Participant

I’m leaning towards the Mach E with the Tech+ pack.

@Bo
                                            says you only live once,and the old American fella in the video said his next car could be a motorised casket.

I will be stretching myself with the AP,but the Tech+ pack is only £500 more over and above the Select models £3495 AP its a great saving because retail Ford ask’s £3000 for the Tech+.

Just get the feeling that everyone gets i suppose do i jump in with both feet now or wait until Q3 hoping the AP will be diluted.

Bo
                                            Participant

I’m leaning towards the Mach E with the Tech+ pack.   @Bo says you only live once,and the old American fella in the video said his next car could be a motorised casket.   I will be stretching myself with the AP,but the Tech+ pack is only £500 more over and above the Select models £3495 AP its a great saving because retail Ford ask’s £3000 for the Tech+.   Just get the feeling that everyone gets i suppose do i jump in with both feet now or wait until Q3 hoping the AP will be diluted.

If you’re after one with the tech pack the only ones available in the country now are in black so you would have to have a factory order for a 2024 model,on the plus side to that it’s actually got faster motors. I believe it’s slightly bigger battery and much nicer wheels.

MickC
                                              Participant

I have an update.

I tried my hardest to get a Mach E with the tech+ pack…but failed,i had an email this morning from a dealer saying he had located two one in space white and the other grabber blue…..neither are colours i could accept.

Another dealer said they had none with the Tech+ pack if i wanted a factory order it would be 9 months wait.

I phoned Ford customer services and spoke to them,as the Ford website which lets you check stock levels showed a Mach E in absolute black with tech+ was available,if i wanted i could put the car in my basket and bought it “online”, i asked customer services if they could tell me which dealer in the country had that car,he could’nt or would’nt divulge,so i gave up with the Mach E.

So last week i had sent an email to Allen Hyundai in Milton Keynes asking about the offer on the I5 Premium version which was available with a dealer discount do they have an I5 Ultimate,i got a short reply saying they did’nt have any offers for the I5 Ultimate 325 AWD.

After reading the happy ending to the Ioniq Saga thread,i thought i would give them another go in Milton Keynes but word my email differently….do you have an Ioniq 5 Ultimate 325 AWD in stock that i as a motability customer could have and pay the full £2899 AP.

Anyway they found one in the colour i wanted,and when i was asked for CRN number and DOB,i thought crikey its happening,with minutes my Mobility online account had been updated with Pin etc etc.

So i just wait now for the car to be moved to the MK dealership and i can arrange a visit to do the formalities,if it takes a few weeks i dont mind,i have got Charged EV fitting my Ohme box in the middle of the month,so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

I did make compromises with myself as i said in a post earlier in this thread,i will have to live without a rear wiper on the rear window,i will have to live with the bright white/cream roof lining instead of black,and the strange centre minimalist centre console.

Bo
                                                Participant

On the Ford website, if you select collect from dealer, it tells you where it is

The absolute black with a tech pack is in Leicester

Weirdly enough my local dealer sadly though I’m driving down to Essex as I wanted a red one

The Ioniq 5 was a close 2nd choice for us. I’m sure you’ll love it.

I’ve just had a look online and the one in Leicester must’ve sold the black one left is in Aberdeen

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Bo.
                                                  kezo
                                                  Participant

Fantstic car @Mickc especially the Ulimate.

Read between the line’s of what here about the i5 because alot of information gets confused with US made Hyundai’s and european made vehicles, so always check the source 😉

Djw38uk
                                                    Participant

Glad my post was of some help.

DelToro
                                                      Participant

Hi everyone. A bit of info for anyone who’s looking into the Mach e.

I managed to order the 2024 model yesterday. The 2023 model was removed from the scheme a few days ago and technically, the only available model to order is the 2023.75. However, I had asked my dealer (Gates of Waltham Cross) to let me know if the 2024 becomes available to Motability customers and she finally called two days ago to say she has sourced one in absolute black and it will be in the UK in mid-late August (with a remote chance of a late July delivery). It is a 2024 Tech+ pack in Absolute Black and is not a factory order.

For comparison’s sake:

• The 2024 Select has an LFP battery 72kWh usable as does the 2023.75. The 2023 car has a 70kWh NMC battery. NMC functions better in colder temperatures but LFP can be charged to 100% far more often without degradation.
                                                        • The 2024 has the alloys from previous years’ Premium model. They are very nice. No aero covers though, unlike the 2023.75 although those are not very good looking, subjectively speaking.
                                                        • The final difference is with the electric motor which has ~525Nm of torque vs the old 430Nm in the 2023.75 and 2023 versions. The power (kW) of the motor is more or less the same.
                                                        • The 2024 and 2023.75 both have the new key which has the frunk release button built in and the pony logo on the back.

The one thing I haven’t found an answer to is whether the pony puddle light is still a thing on the Select trims or if and when it was removed.

The kind person who helped my bide my time and finally sourced the car I wanted all along is Tia at Gates of Waltham Cross. I’m sure she would appreciate a few more customers.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.