Peugeot e2008 GT – One month on

• Creator
    Topic
  • #122359 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

1 month old & 1673 miles covered

I’ve stopped working out the cost per mile all the time, it probably doesn’t matter as it’s not much

0-30mph acceleration upsets boy racer wannabes, electric is a silent assassin

Car sneaks up behind people in car parks who are casually walking along in the middle of the roadway without a care in the World, until I blip the horn. People have not associated the artificial sounds at low speeds with it being a car yet.

Parking attendant comes up to note the Reg No: of that Peugeot 2008 that has rudely taken an EV space, parking attendant nearly wets himself as the e2008 silently glides away from the parking space, narrowly missing him

100kW charge speed on an Ultra Rapid is awesome to watch, even if it doesn’t last

I like this car & I’m not going back to ever having a fossil car again

But, the best bit is being able to pre-cool the car in hot weather before going out to it…. bliss!

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #122593 Reply
    Sadness

2008 allure and up e versions have been removed. So that sucks.

#123056 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The DS3 EVs have now gone again too.

I think that the e2008 is in very high demand & another shift is being added for 2008 builds at the factory from October 16th.

DS3 supply I don’t know, but perhaps much the same story.

EVs are selling well, in part due to the new incentives from the tax man, and partly due to people wanting to belatedly do something about the pollution levels.

#123072 Reply
    Sadness

They told me – motability customer support – that it is an insurance issue, why they have been taken off and that Q4 pricing may see a return…

Guess Ill have to go with the petrol version. Ah well no biggie ill be dead before pollution gets me! 😀

#123085 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Interesting, e-2008 falls into insurance group 31-34 and the DS3 35-38, the 2008 petrol 153hp is only in group 23. Actuaries are a risk averse bunch who take a few years to get used to anything perceived as “rather new”, but I’d guess things would level out eventually.

On the upside, the petrol 2008 is said to be “agile”.

#123093 Reply
    Carl

Peugeot e208 and e2008 are still on mobility, no change atm.

#123096 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The higher spec models of the e2008 disappeared, only the Active & Active Premium are still present.

A worry here is the higher spec models have the reversing camera & it’s easy just to say that you can reverse fine without it, but, when you’re trying to reverse into a space with a Polar 150kW charger you will find the camera invaluable as you’ll need to be offset in the parking space & millimeters from the very high kerbing just to be able to reach the charge port with the very short CCS cable. Personally, I don’t take any notice of the silly painted lines around EV Rapid charging spaces, you don’t have them at petrol pumps, they make no sense in EV Rapid charging spaces either without completely redesigning the EV Rapid charger leads.

7kW charging posts are a little different in that the charging cable is thinner & more flexible & you arrive with your own cable so you’ll have one the right length for your car. The e2008 comes with a 6 metre type 2 cable as standard.

#123098 Reply
    Fordmax

I collected my e208 and took it home yesterday all the way from Swansea to Durham. Absolutely no probs finding chargers. I just looked at the motorway service signs as I was driving; if there was a sign saying Ecotricity (on the board where it says Burger king/M&S here) and if I saw the green and black Ecotricity sign I simply came off the motorway and charged.

For anyone considering going electric, next time you are on the motorway, just glance at the ‘services available here’ sign. It will reassure you just how many offer electric chargers, and will help you decide if it’s feasible for you or not. I was actually surprised how much the chargers are used; there was always someone arriving/leaving next to me.

#123116 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I collected my e208 and took it home yesterday all the way from Swansea to Durham. Absolutely no probs finding chargers. I just looked at the motorway service signs as I was driving; if there was a sign saying Ecotricity (on the board where it says Burger king/M&S here) and if I saw the green and black Ecotricity sign I simply came off the motorway and charged. For anyone considering going electric, next time you are on the motorway, just glance at the ‘services available here’ sign. It will reassure you just how many offer electric chargers, and will help you decide if it’s feasible for you or not. I was actually surprised how much the chargers are used; there was always someone arriving/leaving next to me.

I would imagine it feels so weird driving up the motorway for the first time in an electric car, no noise engine all you can hear is the tyre and minor wind noises. I know when we picked up our PHEV how strange it felt.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#123124 Reply
    Daniel Waddll

Please don’t drive up behind people and bib your horn if you are driving  silent car

Number one they may be deaf and as a motability driver should be aware that not all disabilities are visible it could give someone quite a shock. That’s why they have quiet times for people in supermarkets and cinemas

Please think about others and try and help them out.

You never know what reaction you may get not all people are receptive to a car silently appearing behind them and blipping  the horn

Especially if you intend on parking and leaving your car in a public place where anything could happen to it

Treat people how you would like to be treated with compasion

There could be a million reasons why they are not paying attention

The world is full of hate right now.

#123211 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Please don’t drive up behind people and bib your horn if you are driving silent car Number one they may be deaf and as a motability driver should be aware that not all disabilities are visible it could give someone quite a shock.

With the woman in the supermarket car park, she heard the blip of the horn, moved out of the middle of the access roadway & I thanked her verbally, everything was fine, but I get your point.

As for frightening the parking attendant, well that’s fun, and as he was a man it’s an added bonus, he got a smile at least. I admit to being a bad bad woman, but I left all these people with a smile on their faces.

#123509 Reply
    Sadness

e2008 models up to GT (topspec) are back on the scheme as of yesterday. 7/09/20

#123652 Reply
    Micky

I read that PERGEOT cars have poor resale value ,if that’s correct not good for those organisations trying to

Sell on at end of 3 years.

#123669 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Yes, the current thinking is that depreciation over the 3 years will be about 68% on a fossil 2008, we have no real idea about the e2008 though but the last couple of years the secondhand EV market has completely changed and some EVs are barely depreciating as the demand is so high.

The current driving force for EVs is the BIK (benefit in kind) rate of taxation compared to fossils as EVs go from being a hobby interest to mainstream fleet vehicles.

A previous EV offering from Peugeot was the Ion, which is a cloned i-MiEV, and the Peugeot Ion depreciation was 53% over the 3 years, EVs have sinced moved on a couple of generations & are suddenly very popular.

Traditionally Peugeot have offered large discounts to fleet buyers, also to buyers of certain motoring organisations, so for instance I’d expect over £5,000 off RRP for a Peugeot 2008 GT Line 130 (a fossil), but I have no idea what discount is available on the e2008 (£3,975 off a R135 50kW Zoe though). These high discounts affect the depreciation massively if you base it upon RRP.

So, Motability are taking a risk, but no more than having lots of diesel cars on the Scheme 3 years ago, no-one living in cities really wants those diesel cars now. A real risk would be something like a Tesla Model 3 which barely depreciates currently, but in 3 years time if something goes wrong with the brand that could be a massive loss. Saying that, how many car brands can you think of with a car that’s left the Earth? Great marketing stunt.

#144360 Reply
    Robert Goodwin

This is my new car, absolutely love it.  Have a brilliant insta volt charger around the corner but have a pod point coming to charge at home.  Fabulous car.

#144362 Reply
    Dante

Love the real life and detailed review with great gusto & humor 🙂

the normal petrol 2008 GT Premium is now in my shortlist

I would have been keen to order an EV now but as I rent privately & my landlord won’t allow a hime charge point installation I’m stuck & will never be in a position to buy nor own a hime again alas until I can try abs persuade my landlord otherwise

EV will become more and more prominent with the Motability scheme without a doubt

good luck and to many more happy fun safe miles ahead

#144429 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Love the red.

#144637 Reply
    Richard

I’d try the landlord it’s a no brainer for him really, no cost & makes place more attractive for the next tenant, sell it as a free upgrade & he’ll probably take your arm off. So glad we don’t have to deal with private landlords anymore, not that we own either but at least housing associations typically leave you alone to get in with it. Good luck.

#147657 Reply
    Susan Simpson

We have the Peugeot 2008 electric car. Have had intermittent problems with charging it since buying it – sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…who knows why! Its the same whether we try at home or in a public charging station. Bizarre. One thing that we don’t have is the app – could it be that there is something on there that could make a difference? Has anyone else had this type of problem?  It’s great when it works but utterly bewildering when it doesnt. We have had both the car and the home charging station checked and have been told they are all in working order…bizarre!

#147674 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

On the early e2008 there is a known fault where it fails to charge on a rapid charger, no indication as to which type by Peugeot (It’s the Instavolt chargers), but that should not be affecting cars built after around last September onward & is curable with a firmware update by the dealer if you tell them it has failed to initiate a Mode 4 Rapid Charge they should look at the Service Bulletin and follow the instructions. As for a dealer knowing what you are talking about then that’s pot luck, my dealer doesn’t seem to know about Service Bulletins & tries to palm me off with excuses… so go to another dealer.

With a rapid charger what normally happens is you plug in the CCS connector when it instructs you then it goes through a series of checks to make sure it has a good connection, you hold the CCS handle until it finished the checks & starts charging. The older 50kW Polar chargers indicates the whole checking procedure & then comes up with the SoC % and indicates that it is charging, a GeniePoint will show little as they are triple headers where two sessions can be supported rather than just 1 and it only has a single display. Oh, I have come across a new e208 driver who didn’t know about taking the rubber cap off the DC ports so they could use CCS rapid charging, they were found on a 50kW rapid using the tethered type 2 cable & charging for a very long time… I explained to them how to expose the DC & use the CCS to get the rapid charge, but this is common on the forums with new EV drivers. The trouble is they block the charger for others.

For slower type 2 charging I’d suspect the charge cable, check that all the pins inside the plugs are straight. When you plug into a post charger or your home wall box, the cable should lock in at the car end & the indicator lights at the car end should indicate outside green flashing to say it is charging. Also, if you plug into a PodPoint post you need to confirm the charge with the App else it will stop after 15 minutes (the post chargers at Tesco etc), the post chargers at Asda & Waitrose are activated by a Polar/BP Pulse card, etc.

The App does have the option of Immediate charge/Deferred charge and you can set a schedule that is sent to the car, so maybe that is where your problem is. Mine is always on Immediate & I’ve never altered it as I use the OHME charger to charge it at home when the cheapest rates apply (all the scheduling is done by the OHME app & smart charger).

Viewing 19 replies - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
Reply To: Peugeot e2008 GT – One month on
Your information: