Peugeot 5008 wait times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #158599 Reply
    John Williams

I have had my Peugeot 5008 gt 1.2 Puretech on order since 10 May.

As things stood then it was doe to be built towards the end of June with a delivery date of the middle of June.

I spoke to my dealer about a month ago and was told that there was no build date, and that he wasn’t sure when the car would be made.

I spoke to him again yesterday (15/7/21) and he said that while there was no build date for mine yet  cars order just before mine were now getting build dates of September and anyone ordering a  car now was being told November, so he expected that mine would be sometime in October.

You can’t get the petrol models now so all new orders will be for diesels.

Hopefully I will get an actual build date soon

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #179962 Reply
    Chucky

@Solent60 Thanks for the reply. Sad to hear about your mini but glad you got a replacement pretty much straight away. I suppose certain dealers have a different attitude towards Motability Customers. I got straight onto google to express my displeasure with Robins & Day Hatfield. I certainly wouldn’t want any business with them regardless of how desperate we are. The vehicle is not for – but for my two disabled children – both with wheelchairs (second one just got his 4 weeks ago) – hence desperately wanted to replace our lovely Tiguan R-Line with the 5008 (much bigger boot for two wheelchairs).

#180010 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

@Solent60 Thanks for the reply. Sad to hear about your mini but glad you got a replacement pretty much straight away. I suppose certain dealers have a different attitude towards Motability Customers. I got straight onto google to express my displeasure with Robins & Day Hatfield. I certainly wouldn’t want any business with them regardless of how desperate we are. The vehicle is not for – but for my two disabled children – both with wheelchairs (second one just got his 4 weeks ago) – hence desperately wanted to replace our lovely Tiguan R-Line with the 5008 (much bigger boot for two wheelchairs).

A huge Volvo XC90 just pulled out straight in front of me from a side road whilst I was going 38 mph. Nothing I could do. It happened so quick. The Mini held up pretty well but the insurance company wrote it off due to a twisted chassis. The old boy in the XC90 had only had it from brand new 4 days earlier. My Mini was 15 months old. Both Motability & RSA were excellent regarding the claim and help with getting a new replacement car. I would imagine the Volvo drivers’ insurance company paid out a fortune… especially as my hire car for a few weeks was a brand new Merc with 11 miles on the clock!

Incidentally, I currently have a Peugeot 208 GT Premium which I love to bits. Best car I’ve ever had on the scheme – and I’ve had about nine now. Hope things work out sooner rather than later for you mate.

#180121 Reply
    Caroline Camis

Ordered a diesel 5008 Manual GT in September 2021. Told originally build date of December, delivery January. Keep chasing  and today was told looking at May for a build date, June for delivery. Such a joke 9 months and that date isn’t even guaranteed. No one seems to be able to confirm a definite date or know the exact reason behind the delays on the 5008. Dealer seems to be in the dark. Don’t feel like it will ever arrive.

#180222 Reply
    Emmo

Its arrived!! Agreed a pick up date for 21 March – just a week short of 8 months from placing order.

#180300 Reply
    whataguywants

I was told my 5008 arrived at the dealer, Days Motor Group Swansea, on 4 March 2022. I was even given VIN number and told that it would take up 2 weeks before it’s ready for collection. Why so long? They explained Motability paperwork takes 4 days and they have to check the car over but 2 weeks? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and still not ready so looks like it will be even longer still. Can you believe anything they tell you?

#180312 Reply
    Chucky

@whatguywants Sounds very strange that – at the most it should be a week but not 2 weeks! Get back to them and ask them why 2 weeks!!

Meanwhile I’ve had confirmation of a build month (October 2022) and delivery November (order placed first week of Feb). Its still subject to change though.

#180337 Reply
    Emmo

Whataguywants – My dealer called 15th saying car was due with them (along with ‘a few transporters full’ and asked to arrange handover 21 March so cant see why yours needs to be 2 weeks to sort. The 4 day paperwork bit is consistent with what we were told.

#180347 Reply
    Joey

They probably want to use for a few days to do a test drives 😂

#180361 Reply
    ADAM MORLEY

I HAVE HAD MY 5008 GT ON ORDER FOR 9 MONTH NOW I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT MIGHT NOT GET HERE TILL END OF YEAR MABY NEXY YEAR  I HOPE IT GET TO ME SOON I HAD TO PUT ALL MY PLANS ON HOLD IM USEING THE BUS AND TRAINS TO GET AROUND AGAIN NOT DONE THAT IN 20 YEARS

#180454 Reply
    ChuckyUK

Just noticed that Peugeot have stopped offering the 1.6 Puretech and 2.0 diesel on their configurator.

Could this possibly mean that they are about to be replaced with their equivalent Hybrid variant currently offered on the  3008 range?

#180919 Reply
    Emmo

Well ours arrived and was handed over 21 March. Just 8 months from placing order. Longest wait we have ever had for factory order but well worth the wai5.

#180942 Reply
    chris morris

thats good news i have just gone over the 8 months waiting for my 5008 gt still no news from dealer

#181359 Reply
    Andie

My 1.6 petrol GT was ordered end of Feb this year with a provisional built month of September, but dealers couldn’t say for definite with the chip shortage still ongoing. They did say, however, that certain specs had been removed from all current lines in an effort to reduce the amount of chips used per car to hopefully keep production flowing.

#181364 Reply
    Zaheer

I too have ordered 1.6GT Petrol (beginning of Feb) and I hope that specs and features have NOT been removed – mines due to built in October.

#182079 Reply
    Sam

Ordered 1.5 diesel GT line auto In November 2021 told it would be ready in May 2022. Phone call today 5/4/22 that the car won’t be ready as Peugeot have contacted dealer and they cannot provide build date. Might see it in 2023????

#182247 Reply
    ZaheerUK

Got a late call from my dealer today. Provisional build pushed back to December 2022 (original build date was September when i placed the order in early Feb). Collection in January 2023 would mean a 12 month wait. Shocking.

#182412 Reply
    Sorr

Update from dealer, still no build date 8 months since the car was ordered, losing all hope on when it’s going to arrive

#182699 Reply
    Olavi

Ordered my 5008 GT in October with a delivery time in March, then it got postponed to May. Got a new mail today: new delivery in the end of June :-/

#182737 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I found this on my PC today Chucky! This is the result of a Volvo XC90 pulling out of a side road & me hitting it (or rather bouncing off it) at 38 mph. RIP my 15-month old Mini Cooper – written off due to a twisted chassis…

#183793 Reply
    Darren .L

Hi all

5008 gt premium auto in Nero black with black pack ordered 5th July 2021.

I am still waiting after nearly 10 months received a call to say the electric heated massage memory seats had been dropped from spec but as I ordered it with them they would honour it and I would still get them at a cost to them.

I also noticed on the spec sheet last week that the electric boot had been dropped from spec of gt premium so I emailed dealer(robins and day) with a reply asking if I had a letter from Peugeot or an email to inform me which I hadn’t .

I called them and told them that I just checked the updated spec sheet on the internet.

They told me they didn’t know if the car would come with one until the car was built so have no clue when or if I will get it.

I ordered that specific model for that reason as I can close from the key fob while sat in my wheelchair.

I am hopeful that I will get a build date soon and even better have the electric boot fitted also.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

#183830 Reply
    Graham98

So I went to order my 5008 yesterday, dealership told me wait time approximately 12 Months and it wouldn’t come with some of the technology ie front and rear sensors, heated seats. I wonder if motability will reduce payment because of this issue.

#184438 Reply
    Zaheer

Hi

i ordered a GT with heated seats and EXTRA option in February . Are you guys saying that I won’t be getting heated seats even though I specced it as an additional option? Thanks in advance for your response(s).

#184922 Reply
    chris morris

hi just got my build date of my 5008 gt 25th may so 10 months after ordering car dealer says i should have car end of june

#187884 Reply
    Mark

ordered 5008 GT premium early August 2021. Car finally handed over in June 2022 (10 months after order placed). Like others here spec promised at time of order was not on car when it arrived (electric seats). This car was ordered specifically for this reason as my disability means I have great difficulty in adjusting manually operated seats. Apparently the dealership (Days in Plasmarl) were aware the car would come without the electric seats but could not be bother to inform me.

#188967 Reply
    Vin

Hi all we ordered our 5008 last July 2021 still no build date have now complained to peugeot head office wait and see what happens.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 165 total)
Reply To: Reply #187884 in Peugeot 5008 wait times
Your information: