Peugeot 5008 wait times

• This topic has 148 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by chris morris.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #158599 Reply
    John Williams

I have had my Peugeot 5008 gt 1.2 Puretech on order since 10 May.

As things stood then it was doe to be built towards the end of June with a delivery date of the middle of June.

I spoke to my dealer about a month ago and was told that there was no build date, and that he wasn’t sure when the car would be made.

I spoke to him again yesterday (15/7/21) and he said that while there was no build date for mine yet  cars order just before mine were now getting build dates of September and anyone ordering a  car now was being told November, so he expected that mine would be sometime in October.

You can’t get the petrol models now so all new orders will be for diesels.

Hopefully I will get an actual build date soon

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #175356 Reply
    Zaheer

I enquired and test drove a Peugeot 5008 yesterday at JCT600 in Bradford – told if I ordered today then expect delivery in October!

#175764 Reply
    Emmo

Just had an update from dealer on my 5008 Allure Premium Diesel Auto. Ordered 27 July and told build in October, delivery November. After a number of date changes, I have now been given an ‘indicative’ delivery to dealer date of 13 March with a caveat ‘but that may change’. So almost 8 months feom placing order.

good luck everyone – perhaps there is light at the end of the Peugeot tunnel.

#175838 Reply
    whataguywants

My dealer told me the build date for my 1.5 diesel 5008 GT is 17 February. It’s taking 4-6 weeks to build and 11 days to ship to UK so it should arrive earliest 28 March. If it does that will be a full 8 months from ordering.

#175902 Reply
    Zaheer

I placed an order for the 5008 GT 1.6 Puretech Auto last week – estimated delivery quoted as 31 October 2022 – 9 month wait. It seems its the same with other makes and models too.

#176447 Reply
    Gemma

I place my order for a Peugeot 5008 back in August 2021. When placing I was told the time for collection would be December/January.

Phoned today as its not February to be told they are looking at anywhere between July/August.

#176465 Reply
    chris morris

ordered my 5008 back in 25th july got email from dealer yesterday still no build date tacking the mick

#176466 Reply
    Em

Order end of august had email today saying build date looking like March they will confirm next week.

#176618 Reply
    Andrew Harvey

Hi order my 5008  in June last year, still no build date, dealer thinks it may be March, which I doubt. Peugeot must know has many 5008,s they have on order and could give us a rough date.

#176925 Reply
    Ken

We ordered our car at the end of July last year and it has just arrived at the dealers

5008 GT 1.5 manual

#177075 Reply
    Paul Short

Ordered my new 5008 this afternoon, with a few extras too! got a date of delivery as Christmas Eve 2022, saying that the sales man said it could be Jan / Feb 23 as they have no ideal of any build dates whats so ever!

#177832 Reply
    Emmo

Just had another dealer update confirming that expected delivery to dealer is 13th March – not bad, 3 weeks since last update and 3 weeks without a further pushback on dates!!

we live in hope!!

#178007 Reply
    Sorr

Received an email from dealer on 10th February to say my car is definitely on order with Peugeot but still no build date

#179002 Reply
    Ash

I got told the same thing Sorr. I ordered mine in December and have only been told the same information as you. I was originally told mid april but reading everyone else’s comments will be atleast 6-8 months.

#179043 Reply
    Emmo

Ash, would bank on 8-9 months minimum. We ordered July and as yet only have a provisional delivery to dealer date of 13 March.

#179047 Reply
    Bev

Hi, I have also been waiting 9 months, I  ordered my 5008 petrol in 8th June 2021, also from Robin & Days, I originally ordered a HDI GT in May and was told I had to cancel it, due to Motability saying they were no longer doing diesels, apparently they do now.

After many phone calls from myself to the dealership who were very unhelpful, if they could be bothered to answer or replied to any of my email messages.

When I had to extend my current car lease with Motability, they were surprised I had no information of when my car should arrive,  they ended up getting involved. I then had a phone call from the dealership the following morning who said my build date should be February 8th and should arrive early March, however I’ve not received any conformation, that the car has been built or when it will arrive into the U.K

#179072 Reply
    Ash

Thanks Emmo, I did have the feeling of it taking that long after reading everybody else’s posts. I am pretty sure they don’t know themselves what’s going on but will be a waiting game.

#179143 Reply
    Emmo

Ah well! Perhaps should have expected this.

Last update from dealer was an expected delivery to dealer of 13 March. Just had another update call saying anticipated delivery to dealer of 24th March. When questioned over the change the reply was that delivery to dealer was expected between 13 and 24 March, then they will need 4 days to ‘sort out with motability before we can take delivery.

So seems we are looking at end March which will be just 8 months from initial order.

#179324 Reply
    Ems

Just had phone call it’s ready to collect.. not spoken to them since November just turned up out of the blue they said.  Order August 27th last year.

#179494 Reply
    Sorr

That’s good at least it’s arrived, order mine 13th September so hoping I’m gonna have some news soon

#179508 Reply
    Micky

I ordered my 5008 august 2nd last year. Was told then first week of November it would be here. A week before they told me Christmas Eve. Two days before then they told me 1st of March.now I’ve been told end of April. But there is still no build date.

#179708 Reply
    Sorr

So received email from dealer to say still no build date. Just have to wait and hope it turns up soon

#179815 Reply
    Zaheer

I ordered in early feb 5008 GT Petrol 1.6 EAT with Driver seat upgrade and yesterday got given a provisional build date of “October 2022” with Delivery in November.

#179838 Reply
    Chucky

I’ve got a 5008 on order due for November delivery. Today saw an in stock new 5008 at Robin’s and Day (Hatfield). Enquired if I could possible purchase this vehicle through Motability (having already spoken to Motability to confirm). Was told that they couldn’t sell this to me due to Motability Rules – i.e. has to be factory ordered – I told them this was not the case. Back on the phone to Motability for assistance – they ring the dealer and get the “Company Policy Stock Vehicles only for Retail Customers).

I know the dealers have the right to see who they want to at present but still.

Annoyed that two people I spoke to just couldn’t be honest and tell me up front that were not interested in giving the car to me. What a shame!

#179949 Reply
    Emmo

Latest dealer update says still on target for delivery to dealer some time between today and 24th March. Allure Premium,Diesel, Automatic, Ultimate Red – ordered at dealer 27 July 21 order confirmed with Peugeot 4 weeks or so later.

#179953 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I’ve got a 5008 on order due for November delivery. Today saw an in stock new 5008 at Robin’s and Day (Hatfield). Enquired if I could possible purchase this vehicle through Motability (having already spoken to Motability to confirm). Was told that they couldn’t sell this to me due to Motability Rules – i.e. has to be factory ordered – I told them this was not the case. Back on the phone to Motability for assistance – they ring the dealer and get the “Company Policy Stock Vehicles only for Retail Customers). I know the dealers have the right to see who they want to at present but still. Annoyed that two people I spoke to just couldn’t be honest and tell me up front that were not interested in giving the car to me. What a shame!

Well we know that’s a load of old tosh that the dealer is telling you Chucky. Four years ago, my Mini Cooper was written off one cold, January evening. Motability told me to look for another car. I had decided on a Toyota C-HR and popped along to my local dealer who happened to have just what I was after in the showroom. Salesman said they’d only just got it in days earlier. Told them I was a Motability customer… no problem he said, and sold it to me/Motability there & then. Drove it away days later.

Keep on at them Chucky. You never know!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 148 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 wait times
Your information: