Peugeot 5008 wait times

• This topic has 148 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by chris morris.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #158599 Reply
    John Williams

I have had my Peugeot 5008 gt 1.2 Puretech on order since 10 May.

As things stood then it was doe to be built towards the end of June with a delivery date of the middle of June.

I spoke to my dealer about a month ago and was told that there was no build date, and that he wasn’t sure when the car would be made.

I spoke to him again yesterday (15/7/21) and he said that while there was no build date for mine yet  cars order just before mine were now getting build dates of September and anyone ordering a  car now was being told November, so he expected that mine would be sometime in October.

You can’t get the petrol models now so all new orders will be for diesels.

Hopefully I will get an actual build date soon

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #171795 Reply
    Steg

Thanks guys, funny you mention April delivery date as the dealer did say if I wanted a manual i would need to wait until then.  However they had an automatic version which was due at the end of Jan beginning of Feb as there was a chasis number in the system.  I wonder if they just wanted me to sign on the dotted line and that’s why they mentioned the end of Jan bull date…I suppose it is what it is and just need to get it when it’s ready

#171826 Reply
    Emmo

We ordered a 1.5 diesel auto Allure Premium late July and were told by dealer build in October, delivery November as of today still no cat and no indication of a build date from Peugeot – just an initial available week as week 52 (w/c 27 December). Dealer suggested that may be January build for February delivery and March registration. Dont know still when it will arrive if I am honest – might manage September registration!

#171925 Reply
    whataguywants

I ordered a 1.5 diesel auto GT on 2 August and was told that delivery will be in January “but will probably be sooner.” I spoke to the dealer at the end of November and no build date yet. According to the dealer 5008 models have the longest wait times. To date I still have no build date so the January delivery date now seems very optimistic and I won’t be surprised if delivery is April 2022 or later.

#172077 Reply
    MandT

Ordered my 5008 allure 1.2 in the blue back in the start of July I was told 4-6months and I would have it before Christmas and I still don’t have it , and still no dates for when it will be delivered to the dealership. I am having to extend my motability car lease again as we expected to be able to have its in about a month which is my past experience with Ford  cars but it’s not the case for this car so I am absolutely gutted as we needed to have a larger boot size for my wheelchair as we have to take it to pieces to get it in atm and it’s not easy to put it back again and still wanting to keep the minimum of 5 seats with the occasional use of 6seats plus enough space for a dog box in the boot needed to travel long distances with my dog so it’s needed sooner than later but I am not thinking that it’s unlikely to be any time in the next month or so .

#172320 Reply
    Dhorca

I ordered my 5008 on September 19th and have been told possibly February 2022.

#172330 Reply
    Emmo

Good luck with that based on the stories here

hope you are lucky though.

#172487 Reply
    Neal

Placed our order for 5008 GT Diesel Auto on 15th July with Arbury Peugeot Bromsgrove.  Was originally advised October, then December, now January… I cannot believe that Peugeot are unable to advise their dealers of solid build dates. Surely there is a production list of vehicles ordered. I know Chips and COVID are the reasons for delays, but an honest regular update would be nice for the customers who are putting business their way.

#172498 Reply
    Gavin

I think it’s ridiculous they don’t know what’s happening they just keep randomly chucking out dates just to keep us sweet in my opinion they have no idea when the cars will be built just looking for us to sign up with them.  According to an artical I saw 5008 have a six month wait build time once ordered.

#172602 Reply
    Jim Bone\’t

I’ve been waiting 6 months for my 3008 GT Premium model, still nothing, they don’t keep you updated at all.

#172797 Reply
    Emmo

Maybe the 5008 supply/delivery problems are reflected in the heavily increasing advance payments!

#173065 Reply
    Chloe

I ordered my 5008 the end of November 2021 and I was told at current the wait times are around 5 months average at the min, guess I’m just waiting around till April 2022

#173067 Reply
    Emmo

Chloe

well over 5 months. I ordered July, dont even have a chassis number or build date never mind delivery date.

#173701 Reply
    Emmo

Well, hope at last. Dealer e-mailed earlier to say my car will be with them in February. First real light in the Peugeot tunnel – didnt say when in February though! That will be 7 months from order if it comes off.

#174060 Reply
    Bev

Hi Emmo,

That’s great new!

I am still waiting 7 months + and heard nothing, the dealership don’t answer my calls or e-mails so it’s getting very frustrating not knowing a build date or what’s going on.

Has anybody else been waiting longer than 7 months or is it just me?

#174210 Reply
    Emmo

Hi Bev, if ours turns up in Feb that will be 7 months from order. Has your dealer told you when the order was confirmed with factory? Ours was 4 weeks from date of order with dealer. Not sure if that delay was with dealer or Peugeot. Maybe try asking your dealer for a full timeline in case they created any of the delay for you due to any allocation limits they may have had. I have seen reports elsewhere that some delays can be caused by dealers due to this.

good luck for a delivery soon.

#174358 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

If anyone is after a 5008 Allure Premium 1.5 Auto reasonably quickly, a known Peugeot Motability sales person located in Aldershot, posted on FB yesterday that she has two available for late March 2022 delivery and are available for Motability customers.

Contact Emily McQueen at Charters Peugeot in Aldershot:

Contact Us

#175096 Reply
    Sorr

Hi I ordered the Peugeot 5008 1.5 blue hdi gt line on the 13th September was initially told December delivery, got a call in November to say there was still no build date, called the dealer on the 17th January to be told the order had been placed but still no build date, this is my first car on motabilty, I’m just wondering should I keep waiting for a build date or cancel the order and try and find a car that will arrive quicker I hate having to rely on people to take me anywhere any help appreciated

thanks

#175099 Reply
    Dave

I ordered a 5008 on the 21st July 21

Build date is the 28 January 2022 ( was initially told mid September)

Delivery date around the end of February

#175101 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hi I ordered the Peugeot 5008 1.5 blue hdi gt line on the 13th September was initially told December delivery, got a call in November to say there was still no build date, called the dealer on the 17th January to be told the order had been placed but still no build date, this is my first car on motabilty, I’m just wondering should I keep waiting for a build date or cancel the order and try and find a car that will arrive quicker I hate having to rely on people to take me anywhere any help appreciated thanks

As long as the dealer has actually ordered your car and isn’t still waiting to be allocated build slots (many dealers ‘sit’ on orders for months before they can actually place them with the manufacturer but rarely, if ever, admit to it), I would stick with your current order.

In the current climate I think it would be foolish for anyone to cancel an order for any car f it has been placed with the manufacturer. Choice on the Motability scheme is diminishing by the day and Advance Payment charges are increasing. You could end up paying more for a car that isn’t as good or, even worse, find a car that you like and when you go to order it find that it’s been removed that day (as has happened to some people with the RAV-4 this week). You would also find yourself right at the back of a very long queue and will probably end up waiting longer than you will for the 5008. Excessive wait times seem to be commonplace  across the board now. Even those manufacturers who seemed unaffected by the chip shortage initially (such as Hyundai) are now quoting 6 month waits.

#175148 Reply
    Sorr

I was looking at the increased advanced payment for exact same car would be an extra £1200, think I will just wait it out, I’m hopeful it will be a March or April build date but who knows, just don’t know why dealers can’t be honest

#175154 Reply
    Eliza

Just to give a bit of hope-ordered our car on 31/07/21 & up until 2 weeks ago had been told build date February (no date ever given) then out of the blue the dealership rang to say it had arrived, so we now have our allure premium auto. It’s great-hang in there & unless desperate don’t cancel order, it’s a great car.

#175186 Reply
    Sorr

That’s good news, I had the 3008 1.5 gt line not on motablity, loved the car was so nice to drive just wasn’t big enough on boot space for my scooter so choose the 5008 this time on motabilty first time using the scheme, I’m hoping it arrives soon.

#175286 Reply
    Mo

does anyone know how long it really takes to get the car 5008  ? I ordered in Robins & Days , they said 5 to 6 months . I asked for confirmation of my order and deliver date but it’s 9 months . Any one experience like that ? Thanks !

#175288 Reply
    Emily

It seems quite a few people who ordered in July are getting there’s over the next couple of weeks looking at some Facebook groups.  So they waited 6/7 months.

#175348 Reply
    Neal

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Just had a call from my Dealer, they have advised our car is now built, and ready to ship to UK. Should be here for February… fingers crossed. They must have just built a batch of 5008 1.5 Diesel Autos as there seems to be a lot of talk about Feb/March deliveries for this model type. Maybe the owners of Peugeot read our posts 😂</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 148 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 wait times
Your information: