Peugeot 5008 wait times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #158599 Reply
    John Williams

I have had my Peugeot 5008 gt 1.2 Puretech on order since 10 May.

As things stood then it was doe to be built towards the end of June with a delivery date of the middle of June.

I spoke to my dealer about a month ago and was told that there was no build date, and that he wasn’t sure when the car would be made.

I spoke to him again yesterday (15/7/21) and he said that while there was no build date for mine yet  cars order just before mine were now getting build dates of September and anyone ordering a  car now was being told November, so he expected that mine would be sometime in October.

You can’t get the petrol models now so all new orders will be for diesels.

Hopefully I will get an actual build date soon

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167269 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

John – The arrival of any new car in the current climate is a huge relief, so well done! Given that you aren’t 100% sure what adaptations your wife will need, I just wanted to flag something – apologies if you are already aware of this. Motability don’t seem to be happy to allow adaptations after you have taken delivery, just when the car is new, so if in doubt it might be best to say ‘yes’ rather than regret it later if your wife’s condition changes.

When my wife was still driving and got to the stage that she felt that she needed hand controls, we contacted Motability and said that we were happy for them to be fitted to our existing car, which was only half way through the lease. They wouldn’t allow this and insisted that we ordered a new car. We didn’t mind as getting another new car early was an unexpected surprise, but in the current climate that would be a major problem due to the excessive delays being experienced everywhere. So if in doubt, it might be better to be safe than sorry!

#167277 Reply
    Ditch

That’s great news John. 😀 enjoy 👍

#167290 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

The wait will be worth it. The 1.2 130 engine in my Peugeot 208 GT is very punchy indeed & the 8-speed box is the slickest n smoothest auto box I have ever driven.

#167298 Reply
    John Williams

Glos Guy

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I have told my wife that we are better off getting the adaptation now, but this was from the point of view that I know they are more expensive if you add them later.

Something I saw on the Motability web site suggest that they can be added on, but your experience is the same as someone on the Facebook group I am on (Motability Advice and Special offers Group)   who also said that they had been told to change cars when they wanted to add adaptations.  I will tell that to my wife as well just to confirm that we are better off getting the hoist now as a precaution, and as you say better safe than sorry

#167313 Reply
    John Williams

Solent60

I did give some thought to getting either the 1.5 Diesel or 1.6 Petrol but in the end having read afew reviews felt that the 1.2 would be fine for our needs.

I have seen the odd comment about a lack of power, but most of these seem to come from people who have never actually driven a car with that engine but just presume that because it is a 1.2 it will lack power without checking the fact that it produces 130 BHP ands 230 NM of torque, which is pretty similar to most of the cars I have had for the last 30 years all with bugger engines, some much bigger.

Obviously, your 208 Gt will be a bit brisker given it’s smaller size and weight but even so I think I will be happy enough with the 5008 1.2.

Soon find out!

#167436 Reply
    Tonya

Glad to see you are nearly there JW. – My experience is that our conditions do not get better, they get worse, so the adaptations are to be considered for what you could be like in 12 months time. Hope you both enjoy your car – Please do tell us how you like it and anything that niggles you?

I had the build date come and gone, but the second build date was okay.

Going to pick my 1.2 EAT8 5008 in the morning, so looking forward to it, been waiting since May 2021 and a lot of discussion with the dealer, not always have been the best.

So I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you all have a positive outcome.

Be Lucky!

#167461 Reply
    Mikey B

Greetings All,

Ordered a Peugeot 5008 GT Premium 1.2 Petrol in Nimbus Grey + Black Pack On 13th July 21 I had an email from Vospers Plymouth that it had been factory ordered. On the 17th September I was told it’s in the cue but not being built yet.  Then I was told that I’d get an update this month ie October. Nothing as yet, The original estimation for handover was 21st December so I live in hope.

I see the latest price list, the Advance Payment has gone up so those with their orders in and waiting have saved around £400 on ordering similar spec to the above. Will be worth it when it arrives. “There’s No Such Thing As Bad Weather”  “ Only The Wrong Clothes “ :). Billy Connolly  Good Luck All.

#167492 Reply
    John Williams

Did you get your Car today Tonya?

I did write a longer response yesterday but for some reason the system rejected it. Just seeing if this shorter one works!

#167915 Reply
    Blade4Life

Hiya every1 I’ve been in constant contact with our dealers, my build date was set for 21/09/21 I’ve ordered a 5008 1.5 gt with a few extras eg tow bar head unit ungraded

I’ve now been told by our deal that the 5008 line is now set to be manufactured in November no date has been confirmed looks like we all holding tight

early Xmas present for my self hopefully

#167916 Reply
    Blade4Life

Auto

#168171 Reply
    Tonya

HI JW, yes picked it up last Tuesday, after another spat with bad communications from the dealer. Got a full tank of Petrol, so not that bad.

Anyway, been tootling around locally the last few days to get used to it. Had my first long journey yesterday and was pleased as punch with it. Like the “Adaptive Cruise Control”, it takes a bit of trial and error, but it very good, you just need to put your faith in it. When it is on, it measures the distance of the car in front, if he/she brakes, the car brakes on it’s own to maintain that same distance. You just have to remember if you touch the brake, it takes it off, so you need to brake yourself.

The Eco mode is good and gave 42mpg on the motorway as opposed to 36mph on short journey, so pleased with that.

It takes a lot of time to take things in, so don’t worry if you think the dealer is on information overload when you pick it up. Use the “My Peugeot App” it has all the tutorials and are care specific.

Let me know how you get on and I’m sure you will be most pleased with it, and certainly makes up for the lengthy wait.

#168179 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Wow a 1.2l engine only giving 36-42 mpg in Eco mode. I know it’s a heavy car but that is a very thirsty one. Would be interesting as to what that would drop to in normal and sport modes.

#168183 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

HI JW, yes picked it up last Tuesday, after another spat with bad communications from the dealer. Got a full tank of Petrol, so not that bad. Anyway, been tootling around locally the last few days to get used to it. Had my first long journey yesterday and was pleased as punch with it. Like the “Adaptive Cruise Control”, it takes a bit of trial and error, but it very good, you just need to put your faith in it. When it is on, it measures the distance of the car in front, if he/she brakes, the car brakes on it’s own to maintain that same distance. You just have to remember if you touch the brake, it takes it off, so you need to brake yourself. The Eco mode is good and gave 42mpg on the motorway as opposed to 36mph on short journey, so pleased with that. It takes a lot of time to take things in, so don’t worry if you think the dealer is on information overload when you pick it up. Use the “My Peugeot App” it has all the tutorials and are care specific. Let me know how you get on and I’m sure you will be most pleased with it, and certainly makes up for the lengthy wait.

Enjoy the car, have has a 405 and 406 in the past, nice drivers cars.

#168531 Reply
    Mikey B

Posted Previous, ordered 5008 GT Premium Nimbus Grey + Black Pack 13July, was first told to expect delivery around 21st December, now with no VIN number from factory being told February, March 2022. Those waiting on theirs as a Christmas gift to self, I sincerely wish you luck. 7/8 month wait here…….

#168689 Reply
    Gemma

We ordered the 5008 Allure premium 1.5 diesel in black on the 8th July and have just been given a build date of the 18th November.

#168715 Reply
    Neil Thorneycroft

That’s good news. When was it ordered? mine is from Griffin Mill too.

#168775 Reply
    John Williams

Neil,

I ordered mine from Griffin Mill on 10th May 2021 ,collected November 3rd 2021. Could have been a week earlier, but had to wait for adaptation to be fitted

#168888 Reply
    Tonya

Hi JW, great to hear you got your car.

How are you getting on with it?

#168890 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Wow a 1.2l engine only giving 36-42 mpg in Eco mode. I know it’s a heavy car but that is a very thirsty one. Would be interesting as to what that would drop to in normal and sport modes.

In all fairness, Peugeot doesn’t use DCTs, but torque converter automatics – so a not unsubstantial part of that consumption is indeed the automatic.

And, if the car is anything like ours (1.5 TSI Ateca with DSG, 150hp), adaptive cruise control increases the consumption substantially too. I can save up to 5 mpg in our car by not using the adaptive cruise control (highest i’ve ever seen was 41mpg when using ACC, our average currently is 46mpg driving it without).

I don’t know if that’s a side effect of the DSG, but my laymans guess would be that it’s the same case for a normal torque converter automatic. Especially if you live in hilly areas.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 wait times
Your information: