Peugeot 5008 wait times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #158599 Reply
    John Williams

I have had my Peugeot 5008 gt 1.2 Puretech on order since 10 May.

As things stood then it was doe to be built towards the end of June with a delivery date of the middle of June.

I spoke to my dealer about a month ago and was told that there was no build date, and that he wasn’t sure when the car would be made.

I spoke to him again yesterday (15/7/21) and he said that while there was no build date for mine yet  cars order just before mine were now getting build dates of September and anyone ordering a  car now was being told November, so he expected that mine would be sometime in October.

You can’t get the petrol models now so all new orders will be for diesels.

Hopefully I will get an actual build date soon

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158606 Reply
    Richardw

We ordered our Hybrid4 on 30th April. Haven’t heard anything yet and not going to ask. It’ll get here when it’s ready and not before so not going to stress over it.

#158617 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Richardw, have you even had confirmation the order has been placed with Peugeot?   In the present climate it might be best not to be too relaxed about it.

#158625 Reply
    Richardw

Wigwam, yes got that fairly early on. That’ll do for me.

#158627 Reply
    Richardw

But I’ve written anyway, your probably right about being a bit too laid back. Thanks

#158638 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

With any dealers (not just Peugeot), vague answers and / or a lack of a tracking number that you can check progress online usually means that the dealership is still awaiting build allocations and has not yet placed the order. This issue crops up on this forum continuously.

When we think we have ordered a car we haven’t. We’ve just done the Motability admin. The actual order is placed later between the dealership and manufacturer (entirely separate to the  ‘order’ showing on the Motability system, which isn’t an order at all). If dealers have available build slots this can be done the same day or within a day or so. If there are no available build slots it can be a month (or several months) until the order is actually placed. Dealers are almost never honest about this as they don’t want you to go elsewhere.

#158644 Reply
    Richardw

The dealer has ordered 4 hybrids and ours is apparently the only one where the status has changed. Very provisional build week is 37. Maybe arrive 3 weeks after that at the dealer. Looks like it’s going to be about 6 months from 30th April when we ordered, maybe longer.

#158651 Reply
    Pswoff
    Participant

I don`t want to sound too smug but my 5008 1.5 diesel took 2 weeks from order to collection.

Yes I know it`s diesel not the 1.2 petrol but suits me as I do in excess of 16k miles a year. I just emailed a few dealers and found cars in stock in this country. I had the choice of a few colours and specs.

Anyway if you do need a petrol i’m sure the wait will be worth it as it’s a stunning car.

I have the 1.5 Blue HDI automatic GT in Celebes Blue.

#158665 Reply
    Richardw

Didn’t need a petrol as such. School run means that after 3 years we tend to have covered 55k+ miles. The school run alone is 62 miles a day and that’s before we start on the other day to day stuff. The idea is that the 25 mile round trip can be completed on purely electric and thus save quite a bit of money.

#158672 Reply
    Pswoff
    Participant

You can not get a hybrid 5008.

#158675 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I believe Richardw has ordered a Hybrid 4 which is a 3008.

#158678 Reply
    Pswoff
    Participant

sorry, the title of the post was Peugeot  5008

#158692 Reply
    Richardw

Pswoff, I commented on the post as the subject was delivery times and thought it might be relevant being a Peugeot although Wigwam is correct, we have ordered a 3008.

#158726 Reply
    John Williams

Thank you for your advice Glos Guy

I have a much clearer idea of how the process works  now.

One thing I am still unclear about. I always thought that after they set up the Motability order (with its own number)  they then set up an order with the manufacturer which generates another ‘manufacturers’ order number which has a build date generated either on opening the order or later in the process if no build dates are currently available

Are you saying  that a manufacturers order number isn’t generated until they have a build date?

#158731 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thank you for your advice Glos Guy I have a much clearer idea of how the process works now. One thing I am still unclear about. I always thought that after they set up the Motability order (with its own number) they then set up an order with the manufacturer which generates another ‘manufacturers’ order number which has a build date generated either on opening the order or later in the process if no build dates are currently available Are you saying that a manufacturers order number isn’t generated until they have a build date?

You are welcome John. It is a minefield. To clarify, a manufacturers order number is allocated as soon as the dealer places the order with them. The order then moves through various stages from order to delivery and the status will change throughout. To give you some idea, here are the status codes for BMW’s (mine is currently at status 9650);

List of codes:

0000 – Cancelled
    0097 – No Current Event Allocated
    0037 – Model or Feature Unavailable
    0077 – No Quota Available
    0200 – Special Request not Scheduled
    0500 – Cannot be Scheduled
    1100 – Scheduled
    1200 – Scheduled for Production

5000 – Confirmed for Production – Customer Spec Locked Down
    5050 – Chassis Number Allocated
    5055 – Confirmed by Production Control 28/6
    5100 – Bodyshop Start
    5190 – Bodyshop Complete
    5200 – Paintshop Start
    5270 – Paintshop Complete
    5300 – Pre-Assembly Start
    5400 – Assembly Start
    5500 – Assembly Complete
    6000 – Transfer to Distribution
    8200 – Released to Carrier
    9000 – Departed Plant
    9605 – Pre EU Port of Exit
    9615/35/45 – In Storage
    9610/20/30/40/50/60 – In Transit
    9610 – EU Port of Exit
    9615 – EU Storage
    9620 – At Sea
    9630 – Port of Entry
    9645 – UK and IE Storage
    9646 – Offsite PDI checks & registration (Southampton)
    9650 – Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
    9660 – Dispatched to Dealer
    9800 – Arrived Dealer

#160756 Reply
    Andrew Harvey

Hi I ordered a 5008 1.2 Allure automatic on 19/06/21  ,anybody have any idea the current waiting time ? As of today 05/08/21 Thanks.

#160761 Reply
    Mike
    #160901 Reply
    Clare

We ordered a 5008 on the 1 August.  The dealer said delivery should be around the start of November

#160908 Reply
    chris morris

hi to all i ordered a 5008 a few days before you june dealer said the same but my first peugeot on the scheme my current car vw tiguan took 7 months so hopefully ours wont take that long which twim and colour you gone for? ive gone for the gt auto in ultimate red

#160910 Reply
    chris morris

sorry ment claire

#160926 Reply
    Clare

Ours will be the gt manual diesel

#162071 Reply
    James Dean

Are you all aware that there’s a massive shortage of microchips for cars.

Most factories have stop producing cars and deliveries are delayed by months.

Anyone ordering a car form factory will need a lot of patience for a while still 😉

#162074 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I think the worldwide problem of chip shortages in the motor industry and its consequences have been widely discussed on this forum and everywhere else, James.

#164275 Reply
    gbyorkie

I ordered my 5008 1.2 GT in May for August delivery, now (14/09/21) I have been told delivery MAY be in October. It was due to be built in week 39.

#164286 Reply
    Carnage86

Hi I ordered my 5008 1.5 Diesel Allure Premium on the 28/07/21 it’s the manual and its standard Spec no Add ons, first time using motability scheme, was advised that it would prob be around Nov or even into Dec before I would get mines due to a few different circumstances, called towards the end of Aug just for an update really, was told by my dealer that the build date was goin to be 02/09/21 so I should expect delivery EOM maybe I was just lucky

#164294 Reply
    gbyorkie

I ordered my 5008 1.2 GT in May for August 9th delivery, still waiting & last date given was MAYBE October, but no actual date, so we wait.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 wait times
Your information: