Peugeot 5008 review

• Creator
    Topic
  • #88341 Reply
    William

can anyone tell me if the Peugeot 5008 is any good

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #88354 Reply
    Jack

Standard Peugeot

#88358 Reply
    JS
    #88428 Reply
    Jack

Ah seems my photo didn’t post.

We were in a hire 5008 whilst ours is being built (ordered July for November delivery). Unfortunately the hire one broke down and has left us feeling a little apprehensive.

Apart from that it’s a great car, managed to get back in another 5008 as we have a vehicle specific dog cage, although it’s an allure and not a GT Line like the previous one.

#88436 Reply
    Des

I have had the 3008 get line auto for 22 months now and hate it. Can’t wait to get rid of it.

The info screen sometimes doesn’t work.

The oil level warning light comes on and off even though oil level is fine.

A seat belt tension warning light is permanently on.

There is a bad squeak in the drivers side inside central pillar.

Fuel economy is terrible avg 27mpg

I always have to use the flappy paddles to change gear which helps mpg.

The auto wipers are rubbish, so I just turn them on and off myself.

The seats are rubbish, bit firm but there is just no support for legs.

Knee gets sore sitting/rubbing the central main unit.

But, but, but it’s a dam beautiful wagon.

Some of these things may seem a bit petty, maybe they are but they are very annoying. I’ve been to the dealership to try and get some of the things sorted but nothing ever does. I’ll put up with it and look forward to next year so I can get rid of it.

Basically if your thinking of getting it try and get an extended test drive. Just don’t be swayed by its looks when your trying to see if it’s comfortable.

#88437 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Got rid of my 3008 GTline after 9 months, suffered from numerous electrical faults. Wipers running on their own accord for no reason, even when the vehicle was parked and locked. Several times i came out to the car on a morning to find all the windows down, luckily it was summer. They tried blaming me for pressing the key in my pocket but the key was in a Faraday pouch and i was in bed at the time. Suffered from the media screen not booting up several times, was glad to see the back of it. Now have the Tiguan SEL and the difference is night and day, far better car in every aspect.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#88490 Reply
    Des

Oh forgot about that. Had the windows go down once.

#88596 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My goodness that’s put me off ever having one

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#88597 Reply
    William

i have had  the seat Alhambra for the last two and a half years pretty good car not sure i i should keep for another two years only done 10,000 mile but.

not sure what to replace it with must be a 7 seat the problem is what any suggestions would be welcome

looking at Peugeot 5008-skoda Kodiak and seat torraco at the moment

from the previous post i have come out in the morning only to find the windows and sunroof open on my car twice

bill

#88871 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

My Alhambra has the electric sliding doors and I’ve come out to those both open as well as the windows and roof on a few occasions.

#88921 Reply
    wonky

Hi William and Vinalspin,  I also have the Alhambra with the all electric pack.  Touch wood I haven’t experienced this weird problem of windows etc opening on their own.

However my son has same car and last week in the heavy rain he found his windows and roof open, he is still drying out.

His research suggests, there is a safety feature somewhere on the car that triggers when a car is submerged so you can get out.

Any thoughts?   He has turned off the global opening to see if that helps.

Should this be a thread on its own?

Regards, wonky

#88928 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I have mitigated it slightly by always removing my key from my pocket when I get in the house just in case, I turned off all but drivers window and that did make a difference but the doors opening isn’t just confined to this car as I have known it happen on other sliding door cars.

I can’t have global opening turned off completely as this is the system that the remote folding/unfolding of the wing mirrors on the keyfob is linked through.

Not sure about it’s own thread as I doubt VAG will do anything about it as it took them 4 years with the golf that used to wind it’s windows down if it rained heavily and was eventually attributed to a faulty drivers door locking mechanism(you had to pay for modified replacement and fitting yourself)

#88940 Reply
    Philjb

I had a 5008 on extended test drive.
    The first thing I noticed was the amount of bits of trim broken or missing.

The plastics were scratched and scuffed on a month old car?

The seats were uncomfortable after a longer period and on two occasions the led screen refused to start up and I had to turn the car on and off to reboot it.

Good points the ride was quite soft so comfortable, it looked great and the boot with the rear seats folded was huge.

But I couldn’t live with it daily, we didn’t need all the space it offered anyway but our Tiguan is leagues better in ride and interior quality, even if the interior design isn’t the most exciting.

plus all the tech just works and it’s well screwed together in the places you see and touch every day.

But I can see why people love the styling. There’s nothing else quite like it in that respect.

#88951 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thank you for posting this guys.

I am (was!?) considering a 5008 or possibly a 508SW, especially love the twilight blue colour but not so sure now.

Positive is that I have a dealer less than 5 miles away in N Wales but quality is a massive concern for me.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#88952 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Avoid it young Wayne

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#88953 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Doesn’t look good does it Mike?

Do you know what, I have to say I’m shocked that in this day and age any manufacturer gets away with quality like this. I mean a demo car with shocking trim and breakdowns? The mind boggles.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#88961 Reply
    William Clarke

hi you thanks for the feedback your remarks are surprising i have watched every review there is on line and they all give the 5008  good reviews.i am now confused might have to keep my Alhambra for another  year.

bill

#88963 Reply
    JS

William  it’s good to do your homework but don’t be deterred not everyone gets givin the Friday afternoon car, if it’s a car you like and suits your needs I would suggest you put your concerns to the dealership and ask if it’s possible to have an Extended test drive, you may find your able to have the vehicle for a 48 hour period, giving yourself an opportunity to make an informed decision, with the added bonus of being able to report back to us on your findings.

#88968 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Just remember Peugeot sell thousands of 3008 and 5008 models per year, just because a few people have bad ones does not make them a bad choice. I personally went from an Audi Q3 to the 3008 and i think for me that was a bit of a let down, although i love the styling the build quality just was not on par with the Audi or the BMW i had before that. Once the electrical gremlins crept in it was the final nail in the coffin for me, im glad i had the opportunity to try one but once i swapped back to a German car and collected my Tiguan i realised there were no comparisons. I know some people will disagree with me and call me a badge snob but i dont care really because at the end of the day it`s what matters to you personally. My advice is try it for an extended test drive and make you own mind up.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#88970 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Much as I like the new Peugeot’s and I had a 65 plate 308SW Diesel that drove superb, looked great, had excellent economy and didn’t have a fault the entire time I had it and I’m even looking at another Peugeot next month I have to say I was looking round the dealership and they had a grey 5008 in the showroom that had the towing bracket still screwed in to the front bumper, the electric boot didn’t work, inside the car had 7 different pieces of trim missing all piled into the inaccessible boot space and when I asked the rep about it he said the car didn’t run and they were waiting for an auto electrician to try to resolve the running problems(hence missing trim).

I suggested that it wasn’t the best look for a display model on the showroom floor and he said that they couldn’t move it as one of the reps had accidentality broken it trying to get it out for a test drive, how I have no idea.

#88972 Reply
    Philjb

I’m sure there are many faults with all manufacturers, but first impressions are a big factor for me, not the badge, if everything had worked then we may not have been so critical.

As i too had seen pretty good reviews about the 3008 and 5008.

But to be honest in the flesh it was a disappointment other then the looks.

The oddest thing about both cars though is the larger car has less head hight then the 3008? Not sure how they managed that?

If you have back or spinal problems I can definitely recommend the Tiguan SEL with its orthopaedic heated comfort/massage (drivers seat only) seats. Just a shame they aren’t full electric with memory, but fine if you are the only driver.

If Peugeot can iron out the quality issues and upgrade the seats with a facelift then both the 3008 and 5008 would be back on my list of possible cars

#89267 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I did loads of pretty much trouble free miles in my Grand Picasso – which, if you compare to the Peugeot is the same car, just tarted up differently – the seats and interior plastics are virtually identical.

However, there is no comparison between them and my S-Max, the Peugeot/Citoren is soft, but bump thump on the road and thats mostly down to the Peugeot using cheaper torsion beam rear suspension & weird spring rates that give a soft, yet harsh ride. The S-Max is supple, rarely harsh and well weighted for a big barge.

I’d not go back, and would opt for a Tarraco/Kodiaq/Allspace if you needed a 7 seat SUV (not exactly a lot of choice here on Motability).

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#89281 Reply
    William Clarke

thanks for all the replies i am going to give the tarraco a look i think will let you no how i get on

bill

#89285 Reply
    brydo

No charge William lol.

#89289 Reply
    JS

Be sure to ask a realistic delivery date for the Tarraco it’s been very popular and I’ve heard of long waits, it will be interesting to hear how you get on.

oh and the New Q4 Price List is.

https://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/countries/gb/seat-website/downloads-and-documents/motability-offers/2019/q4/seat-motability-offers.pdf

#89291 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Speaking of delivery times, I have tried and tried to get an estimate as to how long the build times are for the Peugeot Rifter from numerous main dealers and from Peugeot UK and none of them will give me any kind of number on this, all I get is drivel about a fluid situation with Brexit looming, I need to know if it’s going to be 3 months or a year, how hard can it be?”?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 review
Your information: