Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium / Leon estate fr sport – help

• Creator
    Topic
  • #146001 Reply
    Modcon

Hi all

Im looking at the above cars, I’ve gone through brochure for spec but both have a grey area.

Can anyone confirm if they have powered tailgate as in unlocking from key fob. I don’t want any of this waving foot under boot as that’s pointless to me

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146011 Reply
    Richard

Looks like plop & foot opening is standard on the GT Premium & £400 optional extra on the lower trims on the 5008

#146012 Reply
    Richard

I’m not having a good day today PLIP opening, ffs

#146015 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Modcon have you checked out some YouTube vids for both cars? The press normally get cars with all options fitted to demonstrate so should have and show use of powered tailgate. Carwow, Vanorama and Autogefuel to name but a few are good.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#146017 Reply
    Richard

If you download this pdf of prices & spec from Peugeot’s website
    It says optional on below GT Premium & plip & foot opening

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/content/dam/peugeot/uk/b2c/buy/price-and-spec-guides/pdfs/5008-suv-price-spec-guide.pdf

#146026 Reply
    Mrfunky

Reading down the lines Leon estate fr sport comes standard with Remote boot/hatch/door release think it’s the button near elect windows

#146029 Reply
    Mrfunky

Power Operated Tailgate

The power operated tailgate can be easily opened from the driving seat or the button on the remote control key. It closes automatically at the press of a button located in the boot lid (optional equipment with electric sliding rear doors).

#146061 Reply
    Terry Martin

I have the Leon Xcellence Lux estate which has the electric tailgate which can be operated from the key fob as well as a button on the bottom of the boot lid and on the drivers door.

#146068 Reply
    Mrfunky

I have think it is standard on all Leon estates nice car Terry👍

#146095 Reply
    Modcon

Yeah checked YouTube etc when you look on YouTube the 5008 allure premium shows power tailgate yet brochure doesn’t mention this,

As with Leon brochure states remote bootlid unlocking on fr sport but shows xellence lux as having power tailgate so not exactly sure what the difference is

#146111 Reply
    Richard

The pdf I linked to from Peugeot does specifically mention the power tailgate confirms it operates by plip on GT Premium or £400 option on lower so it is button operated, funny its not in the main brochure but I suppose for most it’s mot really a deal breaker they figure.

Good luck deciding

#146114 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

I can 100% confirm powered tailgate is not standard on Allure Premium. Remote bootlid unlocking just means it unlocks from fob and isn’t latched so you can just lift it when you get to the car.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#146117 Reply
    Richard

I haven’t seen a manufacturer call it like that since my 1999 Ford focus had remote boot release thought that’d been left in the past guess not, anyway the fully powered option is called:

“Hands Free electric tailgate plip & foot operated” £400 option below GT Premium

#146123 Reply
    Mrfunky

Just been looking it up I think only the xcellence lux version which Richard has got is the only Leon with electric hatch being the top of the range Leon all the others are just remote

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium / Leon estate fr sport – help
Your information: