PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8 My next car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188286 Reply
    joss

Well finally, After missing out on the Kia Sportage due it being removed from motability list.

So After much reading and watching YouTube videos on the Peugeot 308 I booked a test drive on the 14/06/2022 with Evans Halshaw dealership in Doncaster City. Yes we are now a city.

After a good hours test drive on mixed roads, I was Highly delighted with the car. It literally has everything under the sun when it comes to tech. Might take a few days to configure it all to my liking.

I decided against the Hybrid route purely due to the cost of installing a home charger. I have to say that going for just petrol engine saves some 300 pounds in weight by not having the battery on board.

This means more boot space as well. I have to say for a 3 cylinder petrol engine, it is no slouch.

I absolutely love the interior and cock pit. The all digital dash and the oh so comfortable seats, that are heated if required as is the very small and almost rectangle steering wheel. I found very nice to use. I have gone for the metallic green paint that really stands out. The same green is used in the car fabrics.

Expected delivery due in September 2022. That is allowing for factory holidays in August.

Motability page

Peugeot web site for mobility PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by joss. Reason: added more

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189458 Reply
    joss

Update

Having joined a Peugeot forum a few days ago, I found out that there are certain items that will be missing from my build. Bit of a shock really as the dealer said nothing about these items being removed due to parts/ chip shortages. I rang the dealership and played merry hell with them for not being up front about these missing items.

The missing items are as follows:-

pug 308 missing build items

1. Wireless charging (no big deal really as charging is fast via cable)
    2. 3d screen ( ? )
    3. AVAS: Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System. Generates a sound when travelling at low speed, audible outside the vehicle for pedestrian safety (no big deal really)
    4. Semi-automatic parking assistance
    5. Heated windscreen  ( I real need this as no garage so for winter defrosting)
    6. Heated steering wheel ( no big deal but still would be nice for winter)
    7.Electric tailgate. foot operated ( no big deal as you still have in side unlocking and key fob operation)

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#189468 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

AVAS: Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System. Generates a sound when travelling at low speed, audible outside the vehicle for pedestrian safety (no big deal really)

This wont affect you joss given your not having the hybrid or EV. However I’m sure its compulsory on electrified vehicles.

What was the dealers reply when you told them?

#189476 Reply
    joss

AVAS: Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System. Generates a sound when travelling at low speed, audible outside the vehicle for pedestrian safety (no big deal really)

This wont affect you joss given your not having the hybrid or EV. However I’m sure its compulsory on electrified vehicles. What was the dealers reply when you told them?

Yes @kezo I am aware that it impacts on EV/Hybrids hence no big deal.

I have emailed the sales manager with my concerns and included the list above. I also asked why I was not made aware of these missing items by his senior salesman, who claimed he new nothing about them!!!.

email was sent yesterday so no reply as yet.

Joss

#189485 Reply
    Retro89
    Participant

So the 3D screen how it usually works is there’s two screens, the main driver one and hidden above it is another which projects down, hits a mirror and overlays on the main screen to create a 3D effect.

While it’s a cool feature i certainly wouldn’t stress over not having it.

#189498 Reply
    joss

@Retro89 thanks for the explanation of the 3d screen. Most helpful thanks, no stress.

Joss

#189501 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Just out of interest, does the new Astra have any of these seeing as they are more or less the same car.

#189505 Reply
    joss

I would not know TBH @Elliot. Try and find an astra forum that may have that information, that is what I did.

Joss

#189509 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I have emailed the sales manager with my concerns and included the list above

Let us know when you get a  unsatifactory reply @joss

#189512 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I think I would also check the specification of the next trim down and compare the difference with the possibility of saving a few £’s

#189513 Reply
    joss

Will do @kezo

Joss

#189515 Reply
    joss

I think I would also check the specification of the next trim down and compare the difference with the possibility of saving a few £’s

Around 300 euro’s according to some on the forum. Don’t worry I will be pushing on this matter.

Joss

Viewing 11 replies - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
Reply To: PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8 My next car
Your information: