PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8 My next car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #188286 Reply
    joss

Well finally, After missing out on the Kia Sportage due it being removed from motability list.

So After much reading and watching YouTube videos on the Peugeot 308 I booked a test drive on the 14/06/2022 with Evans Halshaw dealership in Doncaster City. Yes we are now a city.

After a good hours test drive on mixed roads, I was Highly delighted with the car. It literally has everything under the sun when it comes to tech. Might take a few days to configure it all to my liking.

I decided against the Hybrid route purely due to the cost of installing a home charger. I have to say that going for just petrol engine saves some 300 pounds in weight by not having the battery on board.

This means more boot space as well. I have to say for a 3 cylinder petrol engine, it is no slouch.

I absolutely love the interior and cock pit. The all digital dash and the oh so comfortable seats, that are heated if required as is the very small and almost rectangle steering wheel. I found very nice to use. I have gone for the metallic green paint that really stands out. The same green is used in the car fabrics.

Expected delivery due in September 2022. That is allowing for factory holidays in August.

Motability page

Peugeot web site for mobility PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by joss. Reason: added more

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188288 Reply
    POPS

I saw this model and colour in the showroom a few days ago. It was stunning Joss. I think I posted a similar comment a few days ago. The green you’ve chosen is as brilliant in real life as it is in the brochure..

#188297 Reply
    shoecake

i have a hybrid coming next week or so, i can charge this for free at work, so the lack of a home charger doesnt bother me!

#188296 Reply
    Lee Bengough

Is a nippy engine isn’t it. Can’t fault my C4 1.2 155 EAT8. Just had its first service it hasn’t missed a beat.

#188318 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Well, that’s an awkward jump from a Sportage to the 308 lol. If the 308 does it, why have you even bothered with the Sportage?

We were humouring the thought of cancelling the GTE for the 308, sadly there’s no way for me to drive it. Either my legs touch the steering column, the knees the steering wheel, or i can’t see the instrument cluster (and a HUD isn’t available, we did ask).

The only way for me (6’2″, most of it in legs) to sit properly without touching controls with my legs and able to see the cluster was all the way back, and all the way down – but then i couldn’t see out of the front window anymore, which is somewhat of an issue.

Interior quality was great though, door closing sound is satisfying too. There were a few things i didn’t like (piano black, my nemesis – as well as the non-3d instrument cluster), but that would’ve been plenty manageable. We even could’ve had one from stock (225 GT Premium, albeit in red), but wasn’t to be.

Don’t forget to post pictures. 🙂

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#188323 Reply
    joss

Well, that’s an awkward jump from a Sportage to the 308 lol. If the 308 does it, why have you even bothered with the Sportage?

@Rene
    It isn’t an awkward jump at all. I had not even considered the Peugeot brand at that time of looking for my next car. Kia shot an arrow to my knee by removing the Sportage from the list on the day I went to place my order.

It was then I looked at the Peugeot 308.  I am 5′ 7″ tall and the driving position is perfect for me.

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#188326 Reply
    Retro89
    Participant

I’ve decided to go with the new Astra, it’s pretty much the same car as the 308 just without that small steering wheel i couldn’t get on with.

#188328 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

@Rene It isn’t an awkward jump at all. I had not even considered the Peugeot brand at that time of looking for my next car. Kia shot an arrow to my knee by removing the Sportage from the list on the day I went to place my order. It was then I looked at the Peugeot 308. I am 5′ 7″ tall and the driving position is perfect for me.

Not because of the brand, i’m not a “brandist”. You jumped from one of the biggest SUVs on the scheme to a hatchback.

#188339 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Its a nice car @joss. In hindsight probably a wise move compared to the 48v 1.6 T-GDI found in the Kia/Hyundai, especially given increasing fuel costs.

What delivery time have they give you?

#188343 Reply
    joss

@Keso  4 months ! Due September which includes factory holidays.

Joss

#188359 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Joss, that’s a fine choice of car and colour and if I was ordering a 308 tomorrow – that’s the model & colour I would choose.

As you know, I’ve had its little brother, the 208 GT Premium 130 for just over a year now in metallic ‘Faro Yellow’ and love it to bits. The 130 engine makes the car very nippy indeed (especially in sport mode) and I still get people all the time coming up to me & asking me about the car, looking over it, etc. The small 20p-shaped ‘go-kart’ steering wheel is fantastic & I wouldn’t go back to a normal one – which all seem so big now! The 3D iCockpit is brilliant and as you say, the heated sports seats are second to none. It’s got all the bells & whistles – even voice commands – and to be honest, I couldn’t be happier.

Whoever is designing Peugeot’s cars these days deserves a medal… especially the 208 and 308. They make most other mainstream car manufacturer’s models look exactly what they are; extremely boring & bland.

#188365 Reply
    Greg Nicolas

A very nice looking car, but it has fake exhausts on the back while they pump fake exhaust noises into the cabin through the sound system. I think they are trying to attract the “boy racers” and I am much too old for that category!

#188382 Reply
    joss

@solent60 yes I know you have the 208 GT Prem and The Faro yellow really suits the car very well. The was one in the showroom when i was there to book the 308 GT Prem. I also love the steering wheel as well, it just felt right in my hands.

@Greg Nicolas I am not at all worried about the fake exhausts or fake exhaust note  through the sound system. I certainly was not aware of it during my test drive.

Joss

#188385 Reply
    POPS

Hats off to Peugeot …. my 21 reg  3008 GT premium hybrid is a really well equipped car and a genuinely nice place to be on any drive. It’s also a great looking car in my opinion. I previously had a very nice BMW XI 25D but the Peugeot is a big step up in equipment levels and adds that indefinable touch of cabin class.

#188391 Reply
    Fastbike1000

Didn’t you fancy the 308 SW Joss?

#188393 Reply
    joss

No not really @Fastbike1000 The hatchback suits our needs very well.

Joss

#188398 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

How is it size wise compared to the X2? Is it much lower?

#188399 Reply
    joss

Yes  lower than the  X2 @wmcforum. Strangely, this makes easier getting in and out because of the seats if that makes sense?

Joss

#188400 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yes lower than the X2 @wmcforum. Strangely, this makes easier getting in and out because of the seats if that makes sense?

Before my 208, I had the Toyota C-HR which sat quite high up. Funnily enough, both me & the Mrs find the considerably lower 208 easier to get in and out of. Never thought I’d say that – but it’s true for my dodgy legs n hips as well as hers.

Incidentally Joss; my 208 GT has twin, real chrome tailpipes at the back. Regardless, you only get the ‘fake’ exhaust note through the speakers when you put the car in Sports mode. Oh, and the 8-speed auto box is a dream.

#188401 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Just wondering @joss if you also looked at the Astra. The reason I ask is I might need an auto soon and wondered what made you opt for the 308 over it given they are essentially the same car with a vast difference in AP’s between the ultimate and GT prem.

#188410 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Underneath, yes. The interior is very different, and imho vastly superior in the 308.

2021 Opel/Vauxhall Astra vs Peugeot 308: Differences & changes compared

For comparison. Of course, we can’t argue preference, but the interior in the 308 is not just better looking (imho), it’s also superior in terms of quality (that silver piece in the 308 is actual metal, not plastic).

That’s where the price difference lies: in the quality of the interior. The Vauxhall felt cheap and looked cheap (we didn’t sit in it, just looked into one when we were at FRF Peugeot which is next to Vauxhall), whereas the 308 rivals a 1series. It’s genuinely impressive.

#188414 Reply
    joss

@Kezo  main due to the differences that @Rene has highlighted in his post, pretty much sums it up. Its the build quality and superior  materials in the 308 that make all the difference. And of course Style and road presence.

Joss

#188436 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The 308SW has way better legroom for both front and rear occupants and drives/handles pretty much the same, not much longer at all but you get a vast boot thrown in and I personally think the back looks way better on the estate.

#188440 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Thanks guys, Will wait upon the outcome of my next hospital appointment and speak to mb about a swop.

#188475 Reply
    joss

Keep us posted Aye @Kezo

Joss

#188490 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Will do 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: PEUGEOT 308 HATCHBACK 1.2 PURETECH GT PREMIUM 5DR EAT8 My next car
Your information: