PEUGEOT 3008 ESTATE 1.6 HYBRID4 300 GT 5DR E-EAT8

• Creator
    Topic
  • #148426 Reply
    YorkMan
    Participant

Anyone have this model?  I would appreciate any comments and thoughts, especially regarding the “range”, I think “up to” 40 miles on the battery seems very optimistic.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148428 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Haven’t got one but have ordered one. We have a 25 mile round trip for the school run twice a day so I’m hoping for some pretty impressive savings on our current fuel bill.

#148429 Reply
    YorkMan
    Participant

@Richard – please keep us informed.  I have plenty of time before choosing, just going through all the options and this one has caught my eye, looks fantastic.

#148433 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Anyone have this model? I would appreciate any comments and thoughts, especially regarding the “range”, I think “up to” 40 miles on the battery seems very optimistic. Thanks 🙂

I’ve never driven one, but I was considering the Volvo XC40 and Ford Kuga PHEV’s and this group test compared them against the 3008 PHEV. The Peugeot came out bottom in the test and also achieved just 34.1 mpg. Lots of reviews on YouTube as well which have very similar feedback.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2020/ford-kuga-hybrid-vs-peugeot-3008-hybrid-vs-volvo-xc40-recharge/

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Glos Guy.
    #148437 Reply
    sif

Which did big report on it, reckon it does about 38 on elec, Volvo xc40 was not good on  range, petrol on real world mpg for 3008 was 36mpg. XC40 recharge got 20 miles electric and 37 mpg on petrol. Peugeot def more economic.

#148439 Reply
    sif

Motorways, Volvo got 29mpg on petrol. All tests were real world figures, using Which’s own testing process to reproduce what a motorist actually gets. Magazines massage figures or don’t get the advertising.

#148451 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

@Richard – please keep us informed. I have plenty of time before choosing, just going through all the options and this one has caught my eye, looks fantastic.[/quote

I most certainly will. I have watched endless reviews and driven most of its contenders before making my decision.

I had a long test drive in the Kuga but  just could not get beyond the interior which seems to be way below others in terms of style , comfort and looks. Outside a little bland also.

I had a 24hr test drive in the Volvo xc40 which I love the look of externally. The engine had an unpleasant tone to it, I thought the dash looked dated and the electric range and mpg was very poor. Ride was comfortable at the expense of everything else.

I think the 3008 looks great inside and out. Inside really is a nice place to be. The cockpit and small wheel is not to everyone’s taste but I really like it. Reviewers say make sure you can see the dash. I can at 6’2″ and so can my wife at 5’7″  The electric range is good for a vehicle of this size and type. Ride is very comfortable. A little soft if you were to push it in the twisty bits. Having said that it does not profess to be a sporty car so not sure why you would.

VW Tiquan was ok but that was it for me. No obvious faults but nothing to make we want to order one.

Please note the above are my personal findings and opinions and in no way an attack on on a car someone else may have chosen. We all have different needs and wants, the 3008 ticked more boxes for me

#148453 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Great feedback Richardw. I felt the same as you about the Kuga. It gets pretty good reviews and it apparently has far better handling and electric range than most other PHEV’s, but Ford interiors and tech always seem to be a generation behind its peers and the interior seemed quite ‘low rent’. Unlike you I don’t like the look of the XC40 but would have considered it had the numerous reviews that I read or watched not all unanimously agreed with all of the points that you highlight. It would have been a compromise in far too many areas for us. In fact, that was the view that we came to with PHEV’s in general, which was a shame as I quite fancied the electric / petrol combo, given that they have none of the range anxiety issues or faff of having to charge on a long trip that you have with full EV’s. The 3008 would have been too small for us so I didn’t consider it, but it’s very well equipped and I am sure will tick the boxes for many people. As you say, it has a few ‘quirks’ which means that a test drive is even more essential than usual.

#148464 Reply
    YorkMan
    Participant

@EveryoneAbove – thank you for all the helpful views and link … plenty to think about 🙂

#148447 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Anyone have this model? I would appreciate any comments and thoughts, especially regarding the “range”, I think “up to” 40 miles on the battery seems very optimistic. Thanks

I’ve never driven one, but I was considering the Volvo XC40 and Ford Kuga PHEV’s and this group test compared them against the 3008 PHEV. The Peugeot came out bottom in the test and also achieved just 34.1 mpg. Lots of reviews on YouTube as well which have very similar feedback. https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/comparison/2020/ford-kuga-hybrid-vs-peugeot-3008-hybrid-vs-volvo-xc40-recharge/

I dismissed the review immediately after it praised the CVT transmission on the Ford, which is well known to be universally dreadful.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#148473 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Have you driven one Markw?

#148474 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

CVT vehicles, yes, the whole principal of them is simplicity and economy  personally I despise them, mainly because they have no real feeling of connection with the engine, they just drone along like a demented bee.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#148478 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

CVT vehicles, yes, the whole principal of them is simplicity and economy personally I despise them, mainly because they have no real feeling of connection with the engine, they just drone along like a demented bee.

I’m no great fan of them either Markw, but I watched a number of YouTube test drives of the Kuga PHEV as well and they pretty much all praised the Ford CVT transmission. The engine does indeed sound strained at very high revs, but in normal driving was pretty quiet and combines well with the Atkinson Cycle 2.5 litre petrol engine, whereas the petrol engines in many other PHEV’s are somewhat strained and noisy unless working in conjunction with the electric motor. In saying that, I still prefer a conventional auto both from a performance and sound perspective.

#164532 Reply
    david1811

Hi,

I recommend you don’t have over optimistic expectations of the travel miles following a charge.  We have had the model you mention since June ‘21. The most we have mustered following a full charge is 20 miles.  We have even seen it as low as 11 miles

#164533 Reply
    david1811

We got the car in June of this year. The highest we have recorded following a full charge is 22 miles and the lowest is 11 miles. It’s our one real area of disappointment with the car. The sales guy had led us to believe 40 miles was achievable bordering on the norm.

#164536 Reply
    Richardw

It just goes to show how much variation there can be according to location, driving style etc. Just had a message from John on the 5008 wait times thread and he is delighted to be achieving 30+ range on pure electric.

#164641 Reply
    solent60
    Participant
     I think the 3008 looks great inside and out. Inside really is a nice place to be. The cockpit and small wheel is not to everyone’s taste but I really like it. Reviewers say make sure you can see the dash. I can at 6’2″ and so can my wife at 5’7″

I picked up my new 208 GT Premium in late April and it has the small, 20p coin-shaped steering wheel and iCockpit. I have to say I absolutely LOVE the small steering wheel which makes you feel like you’re driving a go-kart! It took me all of 10 minutes to get used to. I am 5′ 9″ and have no problem whatsoever seeing the digital iCockpit either. Peugeot’s new cabins in their vehicles are great places to be if you ask me. Never been happier in all honesty. Good luck yo you Richard. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: PEUGEOT 3008 ESTATE 1.6 HYBRID4 300 GT 5DR E-EAT8
Your information: