paying to turn traffic lights green.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #164402 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Would you pay to turn traffic lights green?

Car tech will bring choices to car drivers not previously available. There are suggestions that having the option to pay for such things will be available in the near future. Autonomous driving and associated tech will bring choices not previously available but would you pay for these options?

One of the major problems, as I see it, is the devide being created between the rich and poor creating a further division between those who have and those who don’t.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164404 Reply
    joss

Traffic light poker lol. I have never heard of such a stupid idea.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#164405 Reply
    Tim

I’d pay to keep them on red for some people.

#164410 Reply
    struth
    Participant

trouble will be when several people all pay at once from different directions… then you get a bidding war

#164413 Reply
    Tim

Interesting idea. To my mind it would be easier on the societal acceptance front if it were not a driver for further rich-poor divide. I could imagine this smart tech working extremely well for key workers.
    Imagine overnight road haulage backbones being smartly detected and allowed through at lights. Food process employees, hospital staff etc etc all having speedier traffic management.

#164463 Reply
    Georgie

What a stupid idea!

This stuff needs to be kept for Emergency vehicles only.  Once enough ‘ordinary’ people have the tech it will make zero difference to traffic flow as everyone will try to get the advantage at the lights and nobody will ‘win’, but what it will do is slow down Emergency vehicles who will no longer have their current advantage.

#164470 Reply
    garry
    Participant

What a stupid idea! This stuff needs to be kept for Emergency vehicles only. Once enough ‘ordinary’ people have the tech it will make zero difference to traffic flow as everyone will try to get the advantage at the lights and nobody will ‘win’, but what it will do is slow down Emergency vehicles who will no longer have their current advantage.

Agree it’s a stupid idea but I doubt a paid for green light will ever trump blues and twos 😂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #164404 in paying to turn traffic lights green.
Your information: