- This topic has 21 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by .
I know my previous post was written the day after we took delivery and I was a bit angry (with myself!) for not double checking the spec when ordering and for being upset with the Lane Assist system being faulty.
Later that day I also noticed that one of the rear light clusters was cracked but this will teach me a) to buy a car from a dealer 210 miles away (for a £250 AP discount) and b) from not spotting it when I was there.
with a clear head and having driven the car a bit more, this is my honest and impartial scoring below, hopefully to aid future buyers:
- Car Design/Styling/Wheels: 10/10 (albeit objective of course)
- Engine/Gearbox/Suspension 9.5/10 (plenty of poke, good DSG, firm ride if you can take it but goes round corners brilliantly for an SUV)
- Technology/Digital Cockpit: 9/10 (great graphics and plenty of capability, menus could be easier to use but this is one of the better systems out there, same across the VW Group)
- Build Quality and Luxuries: 6/10 (ok I’d give my old Karoq an 8 because it feels better made and has all the little thoughtful bits on the doors, boot, dash that bring it up a notch)
- Practicality: 7/10 (yes the Skoda sliding and smart rear seats are amazing and I would have liked a flat boot floor but) overall the space is good and the touch free boot with sliding your foot underneath works every time (didn’t at the Skoda)
So in brief, the car is fine, great to drive which I knew about and took it for granted. Maybe my initial frustration was based on the fact that I expected an even better car than my old Karoq and got a car that is slightly worse but a) it looks nicer and b) it’s still one of the best SUV out there at this price level.
What I should have made clear is that my previous Karoq was on a private lease, it was the top of the range model and then I had paid myself for every possible option available on top of that. So really unfair on the Ateca to complain about the stereo when I had paid extra for this option on the Karoq…
So I would recommend the Ateca; do your research, test drive it and look at the spec sheet carefully.
Happy motoring friends!