Our lease cars

  • Creator
  • #147941 Reply

    So leasing a car through the scheme what is classed as abusing the privilege of us leasing off motabilliy..

    Can we take these cars where we want in the UK, i.e holidays, weekend breaks, or is it only for the depressing stuff like hospital, shopping, appointments and all the other stuff like that.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • #147946 Reply

    Hi, where did you get the idea from that your travel was in any way limited within the U K.

    Enjoy your travel for leisure holidays social as long as it is legal noproblems cheers Mike

    #147948 Reply

    Forgive me if I’m mistaken but I would assume you can take them on holidays including some E.U countries with the green card. Sometimes we need a break or holiday to relax, unwind etc as I’m certain it boosts that of our mental health and in theory overall well-being. There is a faq section on taking your vehicle on holiday/abroad with useful info.

    Some people like myself have family in the other end of the UK so booking a short stay or weekend break and visiting them inbetween would require using my vehicle to get there and back. I hope Iv been right in what Iv said 👍

    #147950 Reply

    You sure are right but make sure your answer is.. It benefits the mobility holder then there is No problem

    #147951 Reply

    Yes Lou I too have Family all over the place, with the recent shielding rules we stuck by since advised, we need to get about more now and see them.

    Just came back from Scotland to Wales.

    Soon have to travel around England too, chatting today it was mentioned, is that allowed with it being a motability car.

    My reply was then if not seems pointless if it’s just for the dreaded stuff we got to do like hospitals and such.

    #147954 Reply

    Just use it as normal for yourself, go where you want when you want thats what it is for, freedom

    #147956 Reply

    Before Covid @ajn I have had a couple of trips to Paris and a couple of trips to various parts of Germany Lou has mentioned there is useful info in the faq section on Motabilities Site. I have also been the full length of Britain. I don’t know where the person who mentioned it has got that idea from.

    #147959 Reply

    What’s faq though..

    #147963 Reply

    I still haven’t ventured anywhere ajn and I’m not sure il go very far at all this year but visiting family that are widely scattered may be doable next year with plenty of  planning. I would be too nervous of travelling abroad and driving on the wrong side of the road but I do enjoy the scenic views wales, Scotland, Cornwall and the likes offer.

    I think faq stands for frequently asked questions. 😊🌻

    #147968 Reply

    @Ajn if you go onto the Motability website  and look to the left you will see a Search Box where you can input your search queries.

    Below is information of what you need when you take your car abroad.  Who knows Ajn when we are allowed to travel you may want to visit parts of Europe.

    Taking your car abroad
    Your insurance cover allows you to take your Motability Scheme car abroad within the European Union and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, but there are a few important documents that you will need to take with you.

    VE103 certificate
    All Motability Scheme customers need to take a VE103 (Vehicle on Hire) form when travelling to foreign countries in a Motability Scheme car. It proves you are allowed to take the car abroad and will cover you for 12 months. You can get this from RAC Motability Assist.

    Telephone the special RAC Motability Assist foreign travel line on 0800 73 133 10 at least three weeks before you intend to travel to obtain a VE103 certificate.

    Green Cards
    You can take your Motability Scheme car abroad within the European Union (EU) and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein free of charge for up to 90 days in any 12-month period, but you will need to obtain a Green Card before you travel.

    A Green Card is a document that proves your vehicle is insured if you are driving in Europe. You will need to carry a Green Card with you at all times when you are driving abroad, including in the Republic of Ireland.

    RSA Motability (RSAM) will automatically issue you with a Green Card when you request a VE103 from the RAC and for most customers this will be valid for 12 months.

    If you live in Northern Ireland, RSAM will issue you with a Green Card at the start of your lease to ensure you can travel freely throughout the whole of Ireland. This will be valid for the full duration of your lease.

    Please note that if you are towing a caravan or trailer this will need a further Green Card of its own. You can request this from RSAM by calling 0300 037 3737 . They will issue a Green Card free of charge, but please be aware they will only provide third party cover whilst the trailer or caravan is attached to your Motability Scheme vehicle.

    Your driving licence
    If you have a UK photocard driving licence, your licence will still be valid when taking your Scheme car abroad. Some countries require you to have an International Driving Permit (IDP) in addition to your UK driving licence, but at this time, none of the countries that you can visit in your Scheme vehicle are planning to implement this for photocard driving licence holders.

    However, if you only hold a paper driving licence you may need an IDP to visit certain European countries. More information on IDPs can be found on the Government’s websiteOpens in new window , the Post Office’s websiteOpens in new window or from the Government of the specific country you are visiting.

    European breakdown cover
    When you request your VE103 you’ll be able to include RAC European Breakdown Cover at no extra cost. If you choose to travel abroad without arranging breakdown cover you’ll be responsible for all recovery charges in the event of a breakdown. To discuss your breakdown cover with RAC Motability Assist, telephone the special foreign travel line on 0800 73 133 10

    More about breakdown cover

    Country specific rules and regulations
    Make sure you check whether there are any specific motoring regulations in the country you are visiting. For example, in some European countries it is compulsory to pack high visibility jackets and a warning triangle in your boot. Most countries will also now require you to display a GB sticker on your vehicle. For more information on what is required in the country you are travelling to, visit the RAC’s motoring advisor toolOpens in new window .

    It is also worth taking a Statement of Facts on Motor Vehicle Accident form in case you have an accident while you are abroad. These can be printed in English and the language of the country you are visiting, so that you can easily exchange details with another driver despite any potential language barrier. You can obtain a copy of this form from www.cartraveldocs.comOpens in new window .

    Long-term travel
    If you’re travelling for more than 90 days, you must speak to RSA Motability (RSAM) on 0300 037 3737 at least three weeks in advance of your journey. RSAM will consider your request and there may be a charge. If your request is permitted, they will send you written consent. Please note that cover for legal expenses and replacement locks is not available while you are abroad.

    If you are going abroad for six months or longer, you should contact our Customer Services team on 0300 456 4566 . We may need to make changes to your agreement.

    #147969 Reply

    <p style=”text-align: left;”> @Lou</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Very wise Lou, however Scotland  was a must for us should’ve been sooner however rules didn’t allow so waited..</p>
    We have had a break West Wales mainly beach walks if quiet lots of space, and viewing scenery from the car..

    Best be safe in the long run I guess, also must stay sane too, so got to get out when rules allow..

    Stay safe 👍


    #147970 Reply

    Thanks for the info @JohntheLeg.


    #147971 Reply

    Happy to help ajn.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #147959 in Our lease cars
Your information: