“Our Daily Digest”

• This topic has 138 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by joss.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #178184 Reply
    joss

The place to share what you’re doing, thinking, planning on a daily basis, with a group of sociable friends and acquaintances.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 13 replies - 126 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #186535 Reply
    joss

Mostly stripping out Rog strix LC 360 RGB. Reason, Because the pump is rattling like hell. Had to re install old unit until RMA sends a new  Rog strix LC 360 RGB out. Only bought it in January this year.

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#186543 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Mostly stripping out Rog strix LC 360 RGB. Reason, Because the pump is rattling like hell. Had to re install old unit until RMA sends a new Rog strix LC 360 RGB out. Only bought it in January this year.

Around a couple hundred quid I guess for one of those @joss.

Around 13yrs or so ago I wanted to cool a HP Proliant I had in the loft and came up with the idea of stripping the compressor and associated pipe work out of an a old fridge and constructing it so it worked for the intended purpose and its working to this day. I didnt need fancy RGB’s with it up in the loft, plus I have enough of the dotted around the house with my anduino projects.

#186544 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Arduino 🙂

#186558 Reply
    joss

Yeah just over £220 @kezo  Book marked the Arduino for later reading thanks Kezo. Sounds interesting. Maybe start a thread up on that if you want.

Joss

#186572 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Yeah just over £220 @kezo Book marked the Arduino for later reading thanks Kezo. Sounds interesting. Maybe start a thread up on that if you want.

Its amazing what you can do with addressable LED’s such as WS2812B, WS2811 for special effects/sound reactive special effects etc etc.

Arduino you need to install Arduino IDE before you can program it. (fastLed is as a library to use with Arduino)

You have also got these micro controllers ESP8266 ( Wi-Fi microchip, with built-in TCP/IP) ESP32 (GPIO pins along with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi integrated) Both can be used with Arduino but the ESP32 is essentially an Arduino with GP10 pins.

You can also use 8266 and 32 micro controllers with WLED an opensource application to control addressable LED’s) You need to download WLED software on to them before you can program them.

fastLED and Wled are full of developers around the world with libraries of projects you can use/edit or program your own. github is another source.

A 3d printer is useful but not essential.

The easiest controller/s are the SP family such as the SP105E, SP107E Bluetooth controller or SP108E WIFI controller.  These don’t need programming other than telling the app what type and how many LED’s you have. They also aren’t advanced but can do many things the other controllers can do.

Happy reading @joss 🙂

#186586 Reply
    joss

Cheers Kezo

Joss

#186591 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Cheers Kezo

No problem

If you know C/C++ or Micro Python it will be a doddle from the off 🙂

#188595 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Going to take a trip down memory lane tonight,  watching “the summer of 76” program on ch5 @9pm

#188930 Reply
    joss

Are you sweating whilst putting fuel in your car? Feeling sick when paying?

You have got the carownervirus

Joss

#188931 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

😄😄😄😄😄

#188934 Reply
    POPS

Nice one Joss. 👍👏

#188940 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Funny enough @joss ive just come back from shopping and went to go in to Asda petrol station, but when I saw the prices I turned round like a disgruntled old man and drove off.

#188963 Reply
    joss

I always get my fuel from Morrisons because they are the cheapest in my area. I try not to look at the displayed price board as you enter the station.

Joss

Viewing 13 replies - 126 through 138 (of 138 total)
Reply To: “Our Daily Digest”
Your information: