“Our Daily Digest”

• Creator
    Topic
  • #178184 Reply
    joss

The place to share what you’re doing, thinking, planning on a daily basis, with a group of sociable friends and acquaintances.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #179008 Reply
    POPS

Good memories Mike. I know Marlpool Lane as I’ve driven up and down it many times on my to Bridgnorth and back.

I think Malvern is a very special place, and I visited many times from the moment I learned to drive in my late teens. To move here has been a dream come true. I do some shopping once a week in Ledbury as it is only a ten minute drive, and always pop into one of the excellent cafes for a bite to eat and a coffee. It is an amazing example of a medieval market town, if you take the time to explore the very narrow side streets and alleyways. I also love the Forest of Dean as do my grandchildren. Cinderford and over to Symonds Yat is a great place to visit.

I could go on for ages about the places I love round here, but suffice to say the view that I’m treated to every day makes my heart sing.

#179009 Reply
    joss

Talking of music and Jazz, I follow “Post modern jazz” on youTube. Love them very much. Have a peek.

Also

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by joss. Reason: add new link

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#179012 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ah, the (for me, lost) delights of the water of life! Before medicines prevented me from partaking, I used to like the Grouse, as a everyday blend. Takes a lot to beat the Macallan though. Normally, I don’t miss it now but reading your last paragraph, POPS, makes me yearn just a bit! 🥃

Back on music again, if I’m cooking then I tend to use a set of Tannoy ear buds, Great quality when they don’t drop out. In our conservatory, I have a pair of Quad 9as active speakers (amp in base of the left hand one.) Does about 100w and despite their bookshelf size they give brilliant quality – particularly from my collection of ancient but well preserved vinyl LPs.

Also share a liking for the blues and definitely Ella – she does Gershwin so beautifully. The man himself seems to have had a wonderful sense of humour: he does a solo piano version of the beautiful lyrical Embraceable You but played as though it is a bar room singalong, complete with loads of musical gags including bum notes!

#179013 Reply
    POPS

It’s a good job I’ve got time to spare Joss. You’ve introduced me to a new experience >>>> WOW!

#179014 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Sounds idyllic Pops- lucky you.

I keep saying that we must visit the area one day, but we never do, however your posts have spurred us on, and over dinner tonight,we have decided to forgo one of our family visits to Copenhagen this year and use the funds to base ourselves in Ludlow instead, for a week,and ‘we’ll see ‘'”how much we can cover?
    It’s no 34 Marlpool btw?

Best regards

#179040 Reply
    ajn

#179041 Reply
    ajn

happy st davids day 

#179042 Reply
    ajn

#179046 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Lovely snaps, ajn. With clotted cream and a sharp fruit preserve, I hope. Happy St David’s day too… just the right time for the Snooker Welsh Open. If I was a betting chap, I think I’d go for Neil Robbo to win. Ronnie, maybe, runner-up?

#179051 Reply
    ajn

Tempted to go @Tharg, great prices for tickets, however phone call from Scotland, Father in law got covid, no nonsense sort of bloke, never really worried so much about it, however he’s saying he feels ill, it’s not just a cold or flu, he explained..

Forced to take a home test, proved positive, went for an official test positive..

Maybe next year..

#179052 Reply
    joss

It’s a good job I’ve got time to spare Joss. You’ve introduced me to a new experience >>>> WOW!

So Pleased you enjoyed Post modern Jukebox Pops

Joss

#179057 Reply
    ajn

Saying that better off sitting here eating Welsh cakes & pancakes, with a latte watching it on TV, they all look crammed in and no space..

Cahill looks beat already..⚪️🔴⚪️⚫️

#179059 Reply
    struth
    Participant

indeed Pops, with whisky, a little water opens up most types ; ice if you prefer.  i like all types i guess, but a quality bourbon cask or a real nice sherried one(like an 18 Tomatin) is pretty hard to beat. But i mostly drink cheaper ones these days. A good value bourbon + one would be from Glen Scotia in Cambeltown and their double cask.

I listen to Ella a lot and have her Ella and Louis albums.

Got my brace off knee yesterday and you cant believe the relief lol was driving without issue to hospital today. great stuff.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by struth.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#179063 Reply
    POPS

I found this raw and exciting video some time ago, and saw it again today while watching Morgan James videos.

#179068 Reply
    POPS

I’ll try a whisky with room temperature water Struth, and I’ll let you know what I think. It might have to wait until this weekend though.😀

#179069 Reply
    POPS

ajn, those scones are criminal. I’m going to have to visit my local bakery as my baking is very hit and miss. I make a cracking curry though!.

#179070 Reply
    POPS

Mike, great idea to spend a few days based in Ludlow. Leominster is well worth a visit just down the road and then down to the beautiful pastoral landscape between Hereford and the Malvern Hills.

John Langland in his poem “Piers Ploughman” written as a religious allegory in the late 1300’s, described this area abutting the hills as “a field full of fair folk” which still describes the rolling farmlands well.

#179071 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Rough deal for your father-in-law, ajn. Hope he copes OK. They do look a bit packed in at the snooker. I reckon it could be a waste of money actually going to a snooker match. A bit like the only football match I ever attended – everything so far away, I couldn’t work out what was going on. Like snooker, better to see it on TV where you can watch where the balls are going.

Now off to prep veggies and stuff for rice stir-fry dinner tonite. Will do this to accompaniment of PMJ and Walkin’ Blues. Thanks, folks… love to try music I have not come across before.

#179079 Reply
    struth
    Participant

joanna connor is very good; she has played with a lot of the greats .. ive an album of hers  that was produced by joe bonamasa. she is a bit george thorogood in style

#179081 Reply
    struth
    Participant

I’ll try a whisky with room temperature water Struth, and I’ll let you know what I think. It might have to wait until this weekend though.😀

another thing is air with many whiskies. just sitting in a bottle with air space in bottle will improve many; this one for sure. or left in glass for 15 mins or so. this has a splash of h2o in it. slange

#179083 Reply
    ajn

Pancakes also, I feel a week of healthy eating coming on after today..

Enjoyed the afternoon snooker, Welsh cakes and pancakes, that Whisky would have been nice to wash it down too..

#179085 Reply
    ajn

Great music vids..

#179087 Reply
    POPS

Very nice ajn

#179088 Reply
    POPS

joanna connor is very good; she has played with a lot of the greats .. ive an album of hers that was produced by joe bonamasa. she is a bit george thorogood in style

I’ll have a look for the album struth.

#179091 Reply
    struth
    Participant

it is called 4801 south indiana avenue.. its fairly new. another good one of hers is big girl blues

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 138 total)
Reply To: Reply #179057 in “Our Daily Digest”
Your information: