Our Daily Digest

• Creator
    Topic
    joss

The place to share what you’re doing, thinking, planning on a daily basis, with a group of sociable friends and acquaintances.

Joss
      Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 279 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I’m actually trying to second guess the age I will be officially become an OAP and claim my state pension. I the Tory’s win the next election, its quite possible it will be 88!

wmcforum
        Which Mobility Car

I’m moving to France. 62. For now.

kezo
          Participant

I’m moving to France. 62. For now.

Not a bad idea and the French seem to have more guts than us!

joss

Your not wrong there kezo.

Joss

Jojoe
              Participant

I’ve got my 35 years in for full state pension, but doubt I’ll see much of it, will probably be 72 by the time I can claim it.

wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

the French seem to have more guts than us!

I was told, not sure if it’s true, that when they first planned parking restrictions within Paris there was, as expected, outcry. So when the government needed to recruit traffic wardens not a single person applied so they had to scrap the plan. Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Jojoe
                  Participant

I was told, not sure if it’s true, that when they first planned parking restrictions within Paris there was, as expected, outcry. So when the government needed to recruit traffic wardens not a single person applied so they had to scrap the plan. Liberté, égalité, fraternité

When the French Government introduced speed camera on Motorways, the public blew them up. 💥

kezo
                    Participant

When the French Government introduced speed camera on Motorways, the public blew them up. 💥

Something needs to be done, whether through French style protests a revolution or other. The government/s need putting in their place or they will continue to railroad over us on a whole host of stuff, not just pensions. Given France is our closest neighbour our government/s are well aware of whats going on there and know doubt laugh at us soft fools, knowing they will get away with 99% of what they do!

Participant

well with my extended stays in bed etc ive been getting thouroughly ‘pissed off’ lol. i went daft and bought myself a DAP. can use it in car, bed or anywhere and should improve my sounds. ive found that using the phone just wasnt cutting it…

alas it means im on beans on toast for a month or so doh

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                        Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

well with my extended stays in bed etc ive been getting thouroughly ‘pissed off’ lol. i went daft and bought myself a DAP. can use it in car, bed or anywhere and should improve my sounds. ive found that using the phone just wasnt cutting it… alas it means im on beans on toast for a month or so doh

yes we need to stop this govt in its tracks, although its new ‘russian’ laws will make it difficult; not that that would stop our FRENCH COUSINS.. more power to their elbow.

kezo
                          Participant

well with my extended stays in bed etc ive been getting thouroughly ‘pissed off’ lol. i went daft and bought myself a DAP. can use it in car, bed or anywhere and should improve my sounds. ive found that using the phone just wasnt cutting it… alas it means im on beans on toast for a month or so doh

DAP? I take it your refering to DAB  with you mentioning sounds?

Nowt wong with beans on toast struth 🙂

Participant

Digital audio player..hi rez. A good in, I’ve been toying with it and decided to go for it. Spent most of the pension tho 😂

kezo
                              Participant

Ah understand now struth. We only live once so enjoy it 🙂

Participant

got the dap and currently listening to it on balanced earbuds… sounds good. it can connect to my pc when out via roon arc too so can stream using my phone as a hotspot..

i think lol

joss

What model did you get @struth?

Joss

Participant

What model did you get @struth?

i got a fiio m11 plus.  quite a nice mid range unit. its a bit like a phone dedicated to music.

joss

Nice I just looked it up here @struth.

Joss

ajn

Woe just saw the DAP device, that looks a great bit of kit there  Struth..

ajn

Well not today, but a day or two ago..

Bought one of those trolly key ring things, push in, turn to the side, release no coin needed and keys into the pocket 😁👍

Participant

Woe just saw the DAP device, that looks a great bit of kit there Struth..

very pleased with it so far.

@joss
                                              , yes thats the one. decent spec

ajn

Chicken (portioned), in tomato & basil sauce, added onion & large mushrooms halved today Struth..

Not sure whether to go potato skins (from scratch) or over rice that I only seem to enjoy here

Snooker morning, noon and night, great stuff..

ajn

Wonderful surprise to crack the morning egg into the frying pan of a morning to discover a double yolker…

Sometimes in life we’re spoilt beyond belief

joss

@ajn please learn how to crop your images please. I use a program called IrvanView 64bit. Here’s the link to download it. https://www.irfanview.com/64bit.htm The program is safe. If you want I can show you how to crop images and resize them.

Joss

kezo
                                                    Participant

@ajn For non critical crops such as pictures on here I use my phone “easy” 🙂

joss

@ajn For non critical crops such as pictures on here I use my phone “easy” 🙂

Clearly its not easy for you. As we see the image is surrounded with black space. All we should see is the image and nothing else.

Joss

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 279 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.