Our Daily Digest

• This topic has 279 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by ajn.
  • Creator
    Topic
    joss

The place to share what you’re doing, thinking, planning on a daily basis, with a group of sociable friends and acquaintances.

Joss
      Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 279 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ajn

Now add a runny fried egg with a blob of tomato sauce and that meal is something my wife has loved since a very young age,.

she has always and still do have for tea at any opportunity..

She loves it..

Personally I don’t like cold meats..

ajn

However today it’s 

ajn

I’m saying a runny egg struth, well not to runny.
            This stage of cooking..

Participant

nice looking toast..

i made ice cream today and compote. i now cannot walk so having a whisky to help the painkillers. well its a good excuse. glenfiddich project xx

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
              Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

made more ice cream today lol.. i do like it

Participant

these tubs are smaller and have lids; plus they are reusable. get 5 instead of 3 too..lol

joss

Oooo nice looking ice cream @struth Looks like clotted ice cream. I’ll take 5 of those please. What’s the ingredients that you use struth ?

Joss

kezo
                    Participant

Oooo nice looking ice cream @struth Looks like clotted ice cream. I’ll take 5 of those please. What’s the ingredients that you use struth ?

Given there’s only five and I’m not a greedy person, you and me will have two and struth can have one 😁

joss

Sounds fair to me @Kezo

Joss

Participant

Sounds fair to me @Kezo

I USE 2 BIG OR 3 SMALLER EGG YOLKS AND BEAT THEM WITH ABOUT 2 AND HALF TBSP OF CASTOR SUGAR, WHILE I HEAT A CARTON OF DOUBLE CREAM(270ML ELMLEA) AND CARTON AND QUARTER OF WHOLE MILK WITH 2 TSP OF GOOD VANILLA EXTRACT.

WHEN JUST ABOUT AT BOIL POUR HALF MILK MIX INTO TUB WITH EGG, AND MIX WELL THEN COMBINE IN THE PAN AND BRING THROUGH BOIL, THEN QUIKLY TAKE HEAT OFF AND LET IT SETTLE.

THEN POUR INTO THE EGG TUB AGAIN AND SIT IT IN SINK WITH COLD WATER AROUND IT TO HELP COOL IT FAIRLY QUICKLY. THEN PUT IT IN FRIDGE TO GET PRETTY COLD. IT SHOULD SET A BIT AND BE THICK.

THEN I PUT IT IN MACHINE TO BEAT AND CHILL(BUT YOU CAME APPARENTLY JUST DO IT IN FREEZER AND TAK OUT EVERY SO LONG AND BEAT ETC)WHEN ITS EXPANDED TO TOP OF MACHINE PUT IN A PERSPEX DISH AND INTO FREEZER. TAKE OUT AND MIX A FEW TIMES TIL ITS A BIT FIRMER THEN INTO LITTLE DISHES OR A TUB AND LET IT FREEZE OVER.

I TAKE IT OUT A WHILE BEFORE IM GONNA EAT IT OR IF A FORGET I STICK IT IN MICRO FOR 20 SECS OR SO.

Participant

JUST HAD ONE FOR MY PUDDING WITH A BIG SQUIRT OF SALTED CARAMEL.. TERIFFIC…I USE LACTOSE FREE MILK

kezo
                            Participant

Interesting struth 🙂

joss

Thanks for sharing Struth.

Joss

ajn

Loving the ice cream idea, would love to try this one day, I’ve made butter at home enjoyed that, todays breakfast from yesterdays cake, forgive the used plate/spoon it’s my 2nd potion 👍

Participant

sorry ive not been around… asthma attack..

@ajn
                                    , thats a lovely sponge.. looks just like mamma used to make… yum

joss

WB @struth asthma attacks are a real bummer. I suffer COPD attacks and end up in hospital for a week.

Joss

kezo
                                      Participant

Sorry to hear that @struth.

ajn

It was a very nice attempt struth & Thanks, however Mams/Nans/ Guardians cakes will always be our BEST ever..

Take it easy for a while..🍦👍

joss

Its official! I am, as of today the 27/03/1957. 66 year of age. I made it to becoming and old aged Pensioner.

State pension time. 🎉🎂🎁🎟️

Joss

kezo
                                            Participant

Happy birthday @joss 🥳🎂

Brydo

Happy birthday Joss have a great day and spend that money wisely

Happy Birthday wishes to my good friend Joss. Here’s hoping that you have a happy and healthy retirement.

Participant

welcome to the 66 club joss…

breathing has been a little easier so made up beans and beef in a red wine, chilli and tomato sauce.
                                                    Thickening up into a tasty dish.. beef came out of freezer pre cooked, as did the cup of stock.  red wine was remains of a bottle i got with a meal deal. beans are haricot from tesco.

joss

Many thanks guys for the 66 club wishes.👆

Joss

ajn

Congrats on reaching the ripe age off 66 joss, still young enough to enjoy life though..

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 279 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.