Ordered Kia Sportage 48v GT-LINE S auto AWD

• Creator
    Topic
  • #184430 Reply
    lab
    Participant

As title states just ordered Kia Sportage petrol 48v GT-Line S AWD in blue flame, I was concerned the grant may not have covered the full AP of £3,299, needn’t have worried was approved and received letter within two days, emailed it to dealer Saturday. The electric memory seats will be a huge help really struggling with manual adjustment, they are heated and ventilated as well, this model also has the powered tailgate.

Shame the hybrids were removed, I was concerned all sportage models would come off before I could order one. The rep was a nice guy, said delivery could be August/September to be honest not really bothered about waiting, just nice to know we have finally got a car booked.

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185513 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Hi,

Just noticed in the OP the comment…

‘The electric memory seats’

Is there a memory function for the seats as I cannot find any mention of it in the spec or brochure?

TIA 🙂

#185519 Reply
    lab
    Participant

Hi, Just noticed in the OP the comment… ‘The electric memory seats’ Is there a memory function for the seats as I cannot find any mention of it in the spec or brochure? TIA 🙂

The memory seats are not listed in the brochures, they are mentioned and shown in video reviews and written reviews this from Auto Express “Flagship GT-Line S builds on the ‘4’ model, from £38,445, bringing the GT-Line’s sportier styling details and the option of a two-tone black roof. It also adds artificial leather and suede trim, ventilated front seats with additional electric adjustment and memory functions and a smart electric tailgate”

The car has seat memory button 1 and 2, the brochures also don’t mention the smart tailgate can be speed adjusted.

#185520 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Thanks lab 🙂

#185526 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

The memory seats are listed on KIA’s website, just not on the downloadable spec sheet or brochure.

You’ll find them mentioned at https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/sportage/  Just scroll around halfway down the page until you see “Trims – Find the one for you” then scroll the images of the vehicles to the right until GT Line S appears

#185602 Reply
    joss

Morning guys

Well I am going to order the Kia Sportage petrol 48v GT-Line S AWD this week. There is nothing else on the scheme at the moment that meets our needs. As much as I love my X2 sport, the seats are killing me when getting in and out of the car.

The seats in the Sportage are absolutely lush in comparison. Colour wise will be either the two tone green or two tone blue.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185609 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Hi Joss,

Let us know your expected delivery date please and.. if you get the chance take a look at the seats and confirm if there is indeed a 1/2 memory button?

I just find it very strange that they (Kia) state it on the site but not on the official brochure/spec download.

TIA 🙂

#185612 Reply
    lab
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfU4Q0sMBw

Watch this review at 3.54 the reviewer shows a close up of the drivers door clearly showing the two buttons for the memory seats.The cars is also flame blue which is the colour I have ordered.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by lab.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by lab.
    #185625 Reply
    dayskipper

I don’t think you can get the mild hybrid in two tone green Joss.

#185629 Reply
    Paul

Yeh im sure the experience green is exclusive to HEV/PHEV only Joss

#185631 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Morning guys Well I am going to order the Kia Sportage petrol 48v GT-Line S AWD this week. There is nothing else on the scheme at the moment that meets our needs. As much as I love my X2 sport, the seats are killing me when getting in and out of the car. The seats in the Sportage are absolutely lush in comparison. Colour wise will be either the two tone green or two tone blue.

That’s the problem @joss nothing really on the scheme, but I dont think you will be disappointed with the Sportage. I wish it come on the scheme before I took delivery of my current car 🙂

#185635 Reply
    joss

I don’t think you can get the mild hybrid in two tone green Joss.

Morning guys Well I am going to order the Kia Sportage petrol 48v GT-Line S AWD this week. There is nothing else on the scheme at the moment that meets our needs. As much as I love my X2 sport, the seats are killing me when getting in and out of the car. The seats in the Sportage are absolutely lush in comparison. Colour wise will be either the two tone green or two tone blue.

That’s the problem @joss nothing really on the scheme, but I dont think you will be disappointed with the Sportage. I wish it come on the scheme before I took delivery of my current car 🙂

No big deal guys. Blue flame is very nice as well. @HammerHead Beginning of next year I believe.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by joss.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185638 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

As mentioned green is HEV/PHEV exclusive. I travelled to different dealerships to see as many colour options as possible and blue was the only colour that looked good in all lighting conditions and from every angle. Green was one of the very few I didn’t see, but the salesman warned me that it looks nothing like in the brochures and when they had one delivered for a customer, he thought it wasn’t nice at all.

#185669 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

@kezo

I think what’s confused me is that Kia don’t state it’s a MHEV on their price list, it’s just 1.6 T-GDi or CRDi. Even the motability website lists them under petrol and diesel, not hybrid.

We’d probably go for the 4 model if we ordered one and being listed as AWD it must be a MHEV as the normal petrol and diesels are FWD.

@gilders

Alot of the short trips up the motorway do make up the bulk of the mileage used but we do plenty of trips under a mile too. Never had a problem with the DPF clogging on the X1 but that’s probably down to the daily run it gets on the motorway and when we go away.

I’m also thinking long term and with them trying to get diesels off the road is this going to push the price up further over petrol.

The X1 averages 40mpg and when we had our Lexus Hybrid which did similar trips that also averaged 40mpg. So as long as we got that I think petrol is the one to go for.

For anyone who has one of these already what are the rear seats like. Can they move backwards and forwards, and recline? What’s the leg room like too? Hoping to go look at one soon though.

#185782 Reply
    Mark

Sportage Update;

At 1618hrs today, Motability sent a bulletin to all Kia dealerships to inform them that all SportGe models have been removed from the scheme. We had an appointment on Monday to test drive and then continue to order.

According to the dealership, Kia UK have informed Motability that orders cannot be fulfilled within 12months.

This means there is very little choice in the Mid-sized SUV segment (or Large SUVS according to Motability).

If you don’t need to carry 4 to 5 adults, there is the Vauxhall Grandland Ultimate. It was too small with a 6ft driver to get anyone over 5ft 4 in the back.

There is also the MG HS. However woeful mpg accorsing to the dealership salesman – his wife owns one and gets 25mpg at best.

After this there is the Peugeot 3008. Very economical but a myriad of trim and optional extras. Top Spec Model not available so looking £3799 to get an Auto Diesel with heated/electric seats.

Then you’re going way up the price range. Nissan Qashkai Tekna is £3999 AP, although a small boot for the market at 503litres. There is the Citroen C5 Aircross but that starts at around £3499 AP for something suited to the majority. Then the 5008s from about the £3799 mark for a basic model.

Honestly, Motability are asking people way too much, and they set the APs. With the Kia Sportage gone, to get the same specs as the 4 model, in Auto, you’re looking at £5599 for the Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. The non-hybrid only being offered in a manual for £2699.

Makes no sense.

#185790 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I think what’s confused me is that Kia don’t state it’s a MHEV on their price list, it’s just 1.6 T-GDi or CRDi. Even the motability website lists them under petrol and diesel, not hybrid. We’d probably go for the 4 model if we ordered one and being listed as AWD it must be a MHEV as the normal petrol and diesels are FWD.

I agree it can be confusing.

#185791 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I think what’s confused me is that Kia don’t state it’s a MHEV on their price list, it’s just 1.6 T-GDi or CRDi. Even the motability website lists them under petrol and diesel, not hybrid.

We’d probably go for the 4 model if we ordered one and being listed as AWD it must be a MHEV as the normal petrol and diesels are FWD.

The Tuscon hybrid @ £5599 will be the plug in hybrid. The only Sportage’s left on the scheme before today were Mild hybrids and petrol, but have now gone as you say. The difference in economy between the mild hybrid and petrol is less than 2mpg with the power basically identical. with the 1.6tdgi engine found in both the Sortage and the Tuscon. So I wouldn’t concern yourself about getting the mild hybrid over the petrol. Your main problem lies whether you can put up with a manual Ultimate Tuscon over the Auto . Or as you suggest AP’s go up rapidly.

Its a difficult one because essentially there is bugger all on the scheme at the moment especially with a reasonable AP. The other option is extend your lease on your current car and hope something more suitable becomes available during the lease extension.

#185841 Reply
    Mark

An update from Kia UK:
    “We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment following the withdrawal of Sportage from the scheme. Kia had to make the difficult decision to suspend orders across various fleet channels including Motability due to high demand and ongoing production constraints.

We are fulfilling those orders for customers already in the Motability application process but there regrettably has to be a cutoff somewhere. We feel being upfront at this stage and suspending orders is the better customer care option than continually extending wait times for Motability customers into next year without an accurate ETA.

Kia UK Limited”

Hopefully this acts as confirmation on my previous post.

#186037 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

We were going to look at the Sportage on Friday but that’s out of the window now. I’m starting to think our only real option is to start looking at used cars now. Take out a cheap loan and use the mobility payments each month to clear it. But you can’t get much for £10-£12k now!

Our 5 years ends in 12 months. Say we ordered a car at the end of the year and wait times are still nearly a year. Would motability allow us to keep our current car until the new one is ready?

#186040 Reply
    Ginny
    Participant

We were going to look at the Sportage on Friday but that’s out of the window now. I’m starting to think our only real option is to start looking at used cars now. Take out a cheap loan and use the mobility payments each month to clear it. But you can’t get much for £10-£12k now! Our 5 years ends in 12 months. Say we ordered a car at the end of the year and wait times are still nearly a year. Would motability allow us to keep our current car until the new one is ready?

I would say yes. My lease has been extended untill 2023 if I need it. Had car for 4 years so far. Hopefully it won’t reach five. Motability will do all they can to keep you mobile and have said they will extend peoples current leases if they are waiting on a new vehicle.

Current vehicle: 2018 SEAT LEON ST 1.8 TSI FR Technology DSG
    On order: MINI 5-Door Hatch 2.0 Cooper S Classic Steptronic

#186039 Reply
    Paul

Yes Rich,ive had my present car 5 years 6 months.Prob be near 6 by time i get my new one

#186196 Reply
    Rico

you guys will kill me if I told you I canceled my fhev order and went with a 308 SW hybrid instead then 😛

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
Reply To: Ordered Kia Sportage 48v GT-LINE S auto AWD
Your information: