Order now Q4… or wait until Q1 ?

• Creator
    Topic
    solent60
    Participant

Had my letter to say I can now order a new car from December 4th.

I have a couple of vehicles in mind. The new Peugeot 2008 GT 155 eight-speed auto is top of my list with an AP of £1,899.

My question is though… do I order now, in this quarter… or should I wait until early January and see if prices come down? What is everyone’s thoughts on this? I know that a no-deal Brexit will have some impact – but not until Q2 the motor industry say. Apart from BMW who are increasing their car prices straight away, all the other car manufacturers are waiting to see what happens. Surely, with the new car market on its knees right now, advance prices will at least stay the same… or drop in order to stimulate interest?

The Peugeot is built in Spain and because it has all the bells & whistles, I will not require any extras – so there ‘should’ be some in stock around the UK. I know some of you will say order now but add a stipulation with the dealer that if the AP comes down – I will pay the new (lower) price – but what, in general, are people’s thoughts on AP’s in Q1 2021? Higher than now? Or lower?

Thanks in advance. I am caught somewhere between a rock and a hard place!

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Georgie

I’d be well placed if I did.  If not for a bunch of trees I’d be overlooking a rather nice golf course.  My older brother used to play regularly at his local Course, though, ferrying himself around in a golf cart.

T have nothing against golf and golfers – it’s quiet to play and the fans are rarely aggressive – but I’m afraid I’m in the other Camp: as Mark Twain famously didn’t say – “Golf is a good walk spoiled.”  Back when I was still able, I’d often borrow the neighbour’s dog/s and go for a ramble around the course along Public Right of Ways.

Participant

Hi Glos Guy

We have just ordered the KIA soul EV. I need something quite high up due to my back and her indoors the same so picking an EV was always going to be a challenge with most of them been lower cars so when that appeared it was a no brainer to us. We both like the quirky looks and the range is fantastic for the mileage we do every year we can probably get away with one or two charges a month which means we should recoup most of the AP back in the 3 years. The KIA dealer was really adamant it would not stay on the scheme for long as demand starts to gather pace very quickly and like its sister the E-Nero they are expecting really long delays for orders which is why the E-Nero will never appear on the scheme.

----------------------------
          KIA Soul EV First Edition
          Scale modeller in my spare time

Glos Guy
          Participant

Hi Glos Guy We have just ordered the KIA soul EV. I need something quite high up due to my back and her indoors the same so picking an EV was always going to be a challenge with most of them been lower cars so when that appeared it was a no brainer to us. We both like the quirky looks and the range is fantastic for the mileage we do every year we can probably get away with one or two charges a month which means we should recoup most of the AP back in the 3 years. The KIA dealer was really adamant it would not stay on the scheme for long as demand starts to gather pace very quickly and like its sister the E-Nero they are expecting really long delays for orders which is why the E-Nero will never appear on the scheme.

Sounds ideal for you Stuart. I hope that it all works out as planned. I would love to have an electric vehicle one day. We garage our car overnight, so charging at home isn’t an issue, but we occasionally do long trips and I couldn’t cope with ‘range anxiety’! Last year we did an epic 3,500 mile touring holiday all around Scotland, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and I don’t recall seeing a single charging point anywhere that we stayed. In fact, we even had ‘range anxiety’ one day worrying if we would even find a conventional petrol station in time. We were running on fumes for a nerve wracking period of time! When the infrastructure eventually catches up and charging technology means that you can recharge in the time it currently takes to refuel a petrol or diesel car (which, I am sure will happen eventually) then I’m in! For those who only do local driving and can charge at home then I can definitely see the attraction now.

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.