Order completed (Citroën C5 Aircross)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #72222 Reply

Mr P

Exciting times, just completed order for new car , 12 weeks delivery ( fingers crossed)!

C5 Aircross Flair Plus

1.6 Petrol EAT8 Auto 180 bhp

Platinum Grey with Black Perla roof

Silver Anodised Pack ( replacing the red in photo above)

Grip Control with 18’’ Swirl Alloy Wheels with snow and mud tyres

Metropolitan Grey Interior ( leather/ cloth)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72240 Reply

Trev

Wahoo very nice Mr P, very nice indeed. Congratulations.

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

#72243 Reply

Mr P

…thanks Trev, after about 6 months of research, short listing, test drives, decisions, decisions and more decisions!! Just really happy that the next car is ordered and keep fingers crossed for a smooth delivery time !

#72244 Reply

eame64

Congratulations,seems like a nice car.

Hope all goes smoothly.

#72245 Reply

Carmad

Looks great mate.  The worst bit starts now; the waiting game😁

#72247 Reply

Georgie

Coo!  Fancy!  I especially like those wheels.

😀

Just a quick question: I just had a look on the Motability site and the biggest engine is now the 1.5 diesel (both 99bhp) and the highest horse power currently available is only 108 (1.2 petrol).

Are we no longer allowed to have the 180 bhp petrol version?  If not – that seriously sucks.

#72248 Reply

Georgie

HOLD THE PHONE!

I just realised I was looking at the C3, not the C5.  Sorry.  (That’s what comes of simultaneously surfing the web while trying to prep fajitas!)

#72249 Reply

Mr P

@ Georgie…haaa haaaa, (had me panicking then) lol.

#72252 Reply

Georgie

Well, they’ve just whipped the Mazda CX-5 off the Scheme, so it wasn’t a totally unreasonable point for concern . . .

🙂

#72253 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I had the cx5 on my 3 car shortlist.  I wonder what happens with existing orders.  Are these fulfilled or cancelled?

#72256 Reply

Robert

Hope you enjoy it Mr P, I had a look at it in my local dealership and it looks great and has everything I would want (apart from a sub 8 0-60 😀😀).

However I was surprised and disappointed at the size, I thought it would be bigger. I was expecting a 5008 size car with a huge boot but it’s more 3008 size or somewhere in between (4008 if there was one).

So I’m afraid it’s not for me, which is a pity, you enjoy yours when it comes and give a review.

#72257 Reply

Mr P

@fwipperie, yes it was on my shortlist at one stage over past 6 months, happy now we went with C5👍🏻

#72258 Reply

Mr P

@ Robert, we were all for 5008 after test drive of it, as the main concern was to accommodate a folded w/chair, that was in Oct.

Then the C5 launched in February, we had a full day test drive and w/chair fitted very comfortably with seats in normal position. 7 seats would be overkill for us as only usually two of us in car.

On C5 test drive there was enough power in the car for daily drives, comfort for us is the main driver. The C5 has this in spades, I’m also trying automatic for the first time and the gear box was a smooth as silk.

#72261 Reply

Mike11
    Participant

Mr P is it quiet on the move ? Can you hear the engine ?

#72265 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Hi Mr P

How much was it for the grip control + tyres? if you don’t mind me asking?

Do you know what the tyres are specifically also?

#72266 Reply

Mr P

@mike11, yes, very quiet, the car has ‘acoustic laminated glass’.  If you’re looking for a comfortable relaxing drive this car is brilliant. The only downside was trying to stay awake on the test drive, it’s that comfortable and relaxing!

I’m going from Volvo XC60 which has been a great car, however, I feel this car is an improvement in many areas.

#72267 Reply

Mr P

@ Vinalspin a very reasonable £395👍🏻

#72269 Reply

Mr P

@ Vinalspin, don’t know make of tyres, they are advertised as :

18’’ Swirl Ally, mud and snow tyres.

#72270 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Cheers.

#72271 Reply

Mick

Hi Mr P you beat me to it. I’m ordering exact same model and colour tomorrow. Being nosy can I ask how much you paid for the extras and reason for going for the grip control as we are debating if we need this or not

#72272 Reply

Mr P

@ Mick

AP= £1,895.00

Perla Neva Black Roof = £250

Grip Control with mud and snow tyres = £395

(Grip control without mud and snow tyres £400 , not sure how this is ??)

Total AP/Ooptions = £2,540.00

This is £1,200.00 cheaper than Peugeot 5008 would’ve cost us , so really happy 😃

#72273 Reply

Mr P

* nera

#72274 Reply

Mr P

@ Mick , reason we went for grip control, at £395, I don’t think it’s that much over 3 years to be ready for snow, ice, mud, sand. If we are ever in those situations. I have seen YouTube videos and all are very positive on the grip control system.

#72276 Reply

Mick

Thanks Mr P much appreciated

#72277 Reply

Mr P

@mick, good luck, let me know how it goes?

#72281 Reply

Mick

Will do

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Order completed (Citroën C5 Aircross)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: