Optional Extras Question

• Creator
    Topic
    NewYork1
    Participant

I’ve recently placed an order and have added a towbar. This is the first car I have had with an optional extra.

My question is do you pay the price of the option at time of order or the price when collecting the car. I ask because I have noticed the price has increased since I originally ordered in January.

Current car
      Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
      Previous Cars
      VW Touran SEL

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

I paid for all extras when I paid my AP at time of delivery

2024 Skoda Enyaq estate- 85x Sportline plus in Race Blue. Extras: Supernova 21 inch wheels, Maxx Pack, Transport Pack, Heat Pump and Pano Sunroof.
        Ordered 31/10/23, Delivery 27/3/23

coruro
        Participant

You should have been given an order copy which would list the optional extra you have chosen to add to the vehicle on the previous orders I have placed with optional extras it stated what they were and the cost at time of order and that’s what I paid on collection of the vehicle.

ChrisK
          Participant

I had one extra on my current car, cost £425 and the dealer asked me to cover the cost of the extra that I thought was fair enough as we can cancel these orders before delivery.

The price of that extra increased in price to £450 but only paid the £425 because that what was on the invoice at the time of ordering.

Both these things could be at the discretion of the dealer for instance in the case of price increases at the time of my order the manufacturer said in their T&C that the price was guaranteed at the order time price. Same goes for a deposit as a dealer may or may not asked for a deposit to cover the extras in case you cancel later and their under no obligation to order the extras so they could say no deposit, no order.

On my last car I was asked to pay a deposit of £500 to cover a £1K of extras but cancelled the ordered 5 months later due to slow delivery or late delivery times and the dealer stoned walled me for the return of my deposit for a car that I add, had not been built at that time. Had to get Motability involved to get the money back but don’t know if MB just thought it was a deposit on the AP or for extras, they probably didn’t know or care but got my deposit back a few days later.

NewYork1
            Participant

Thanks for the information. I have an order form but the extra isn’t on it however the dealer assures me it shows on his system, so hopefully I’ll get the extra at the price it was when I  placed the order.

Current car
              Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
              Previous Cars
              VW Touran SEL

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.