Oops too heavy

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich44
    Participant

Lmao I never noticed this awesome car park in Derby called Little City there’s a brilliant Airbnb nearby that’s dirt cheap and I mean dirt cheap.

Anyway when staying over night for Alton Towers I always parked there overnight as there’s a bank of 8 BP Pulse chargers, free overnight parking etc and I never realised the car park has at 1525kg limit oops the MG weighed 1570kg. Charging is cheap tho lol

#daft Anyone else come across similar?

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by Rich44.
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rich44
      Participant

kezo
        Participant

If its an older multi story car ark, I can perhaps understand the weight limit.

Rich44
          Participant

Nah its a little triangle of land, single storey and 38 spaces.

I could understand the weight limit but why then put 8 EV chargers in there lol

Better not park the Enyaq in there at 2167kg well actually I probably won’t care and plead ignorance. If it was a multi storey I agree. I never looked but I wonder if their other eV car parks are the same gonna look now

Any excuse not to finish cutting the grass

Participant

There’s a lot of “normal” cars over 1500kg too, bet most folk don’t even know what they weigh.

For instance, a Superb estate  is 1606kg, Karoq 1649kg, BMW 520 Touring is 1810kg, Discovery 3 HSE is 2718kg! Makes electric cars look lightweight! Fully laden they can top 3200kg. Even a Dacia Duster is 1514kg, add a few boot trinkets and all the usual crap my wife stuffs the front cubbies with and you’d easily breach 1525kg.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

kezo
              Participant

There’s a lot of “normal” cars over 1500kg too, bet most folk don’t even know what they weigh. For instance, a Superb estate is 1606kg, Karoq 1649kg, BMW 520 Touring is 1810kg, Discovery 3 HSE is 2718kg! Makes electric cars look lightweight! Fully laden they can top 3200kg. Even a Dacia Duster is 1514kg, add a few boot trinkets and all the usual crap my wife stuffs the front cubbies with and you’d easily breach 1525kg.

Then compare a normal car with a similar size electric car. The results are opposite.

Suberb estate 1606kg – Enyak 2107kg

Perhaps the car park was designed for micro cars 🤣

Rich44
                Participant

That’s true we used to have a Toyota Estima import and due to the cybertruck-esque thickness of the steel that weighed 2 tons, loved that thing had a huge moon roof over rear seats due to size and weight of it you could stand up and pretend to be a tank commander not that I ever did such a thing of course 😁

4wd people mover was hilarious in the snow when people got stuck and I just barrelled thru

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.