On what grounds can you reject a new car?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167883 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Under the Consumer Rights Act, if the vehicle goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days but within the first six months, the dealer gets one chance to fix it…..9 Jul 2019.

I don’t know but expect motability cars should be the same, as they buy them. Whether they would tho i dont know. Use as the leasers, do we have same rights? interesting question.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167884 Reply
    struth
    Participant

reading up i found this.

How To Reject A Car On Finance?
    However, if the car is on finance, you are not technically the owner, just the registered keeper. You’ll need to contact the finance company who will then negotiate with the dealer. If you are experiencing problems during this process then you can contact the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or Trading Standards.

Regardless of the vehicle, don’t be in a hurry to reject the car, it should always be a last option. If, given the opportunity to sort out the issue, the dealer becomes obstructive, unhelpful, or more precisely, can’t fix it – then you should take the opportunity to reject the car and start again with another.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#167885 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I think there could be a lot of claims for “unfit for purpose” rejections over the next couple of years with all our cars laying half assembled in fields somewhere awaiting part to finish them off then going back to assembly lines and having bits accidental missed off before delivery. 🤔

#167895 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

In the current climate I would be very reluctant to reject a car, unless it was clearly a Friday built car with multiple faults. I am so relieved that we don’t need to order another car for two and a half years, as I couldn’t put up with the wait times that most people on this forum are experiencing. After 6 months of waiting I would have changed my mind about what I wanted!

#167951 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Well fortunately our car has been rejected on mechanical grounds and I have been lucky enough to find an order cancellation once again so pick up new one on Tuesday. Otherwise we would have been Without transport for what looks like anything up to 18 months

#167953 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well fortunately our car has been rejected on mechanical grounds and I have been lucky enough to find an order cancellation once again so pick up new one on Tuesday. Otherwise we would have been Without transport for what looks like anything up to 18 months

That must be a relief for you Windy. The video you posted was unbelievable. I’ve never seen such a shockingly built car pass it’s pre delivery inspection. Did they ever tell you what was wrong with it? Have you ordered the same again or aren’t you going to chance it?

#167955 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Hi no it still sits outside but not us getting the runaround now, they have a full suspension parts to fit apparently and require 3 weeks for the work, that said I know more about the faults myself now and have more info that would assist but no one wants to know so I shall not bother telling.

I can’t say what the new car is as dealer has politely asked if we would refrain from Social media blogs etc until after collecting, which we are more than happy to agree with. Strange times as we know but will put photos up after collecting. We are so looking forward to ending this ridiculous stress and getting on with life. (Hint)

#168057 Reply
    Mark Holland

So wheelchair fitted today 

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: On what grounds can you reject a new car?
Your information: